DELETE

From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

DELETE

Doing a trade wasn't working. Will re-list as a sale when I return from Italy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iphone-004-jpg   iphone-005-jpg   iphone-006-jpg  

iphone-007-jpg  
    Last edited by Edrrak Nolat; Apr 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM. Reason: shortened and clarified listing

From
    Mama's Front yard!

Re: MR Fett Helmet

Edrrak Nolat said: View Post
    I recently acquired a mannequin ROTJ Fett I'm modifying to be wearable. It came with an MR bucket (no boxes, packing materials, certificate) which just won't work for trooping. It's in great shape and was only on the previous owner's mannequin and now sits in my display cabinet in a smoke free home.

Would like to trade for a completed ROTJ bucket setup for trooping. Preferable would be one from a maker known for larger heads, since my chin almost sticks down below the visor on the MR.

Many thanks in advance.
    PM sent.

From

It's been pointed out to me in PMs that the MR helmet is actually not bad on the sizing, but would feel awful gutting it, so someone, anyone?

From
    Bradner,Ohio

Edrak if you don't find any offers.... Let me know what you want for it if you would sell it outright.

From
    Mama's Front yard!

It's been pointed out to me in PMs that the MR helmet is actually not bad on the sizing, but would feel awful gutting it, so someone, anyone?
    Hey Edrrak,

I replied to your email...LMK if you want to make that trade.

Thanks

From

I know I shelved this back in Jan since I had decided to keep the MR. Well, life changes and girlfriend pressure is causing me to revive this. Don't want to sit on a MR bucket when I'd rather have a ROTJ bucket.

MR helmet for trade for a painted ROTJ helmet. If it's a higher end maker/paintjob I'm willing to add some cash in addition to the MR.

Thanks for looking!

Wanna sell it?

From

If I can't find a trade soon, yes.

From
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

FYI, I had both an MR and an Asok helmet for a little while, so got to compare them directly for size. The Asok was only a tiny bit smaller, I think 1/4 to 1/2 inch less in width. You could sell the MR as you describe it for $750-$900 + shipping, especially if willing to ship to Europe. That's enough to get an Asok helmet kit, get it custom painted by someone like Deadland, and still have a few hundred in your pocket.

I sold the MR, but PM me if you would like the actual measurements of my Asok helmet as an example.

Cheers and good luck whatever you decide

From
    Colorado

why is the MR helmet not good for trooping? is it heavy?

From
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

It's fine, about the most accurate available, other than the visor is "pinched" at the bottom, meaning it tapers too much, but that's an assembly not mold problem and really easy fix and not the end of the world if you don't fix it. (Sorry for run-on sentence lol)

If I may, the issue is more along the lines of going out and trooping (ie wear and tear, knocking around) of a single piece which carries a USD $1000 market value. Damage does happen to costume parts, so whereas a fanmade part may have value, break, repair, and keep a good bit of its value, the MR would lose considerable value if something happened, even if repaired.

I'll chime in here.:

There's a few reasons you don't wanna troop in an MR:

First: It's worth too much to troop in and risk damaging.

Second: In terms of accuracy due to it being a scan and the pinched visor, it's really not an accurate helmet, and you'll get a much more satisfactory look out of a FP helmet with a nice layered paint job (Deadland is great and does all of my pieces).

Lastly: It's simply too hot to troop in an MR helmet. Save yourself the money and get another helmet, use Skydex padding and STILL have room for a fan of some sort to keep you cool on a long troop.

Simply put to make the MR look and feel satisfactory it will require work that is going to diminish the value of the helmet and even then you might not like it. Let the MR sit on the shelf and continually gain value.

From

JodoKast 89 sums it up exactly. Reason I need to trade it is I'm currently sitting on 3 Fett ESB Buckets, and would really like to have 2x ESBs and 1x ROTJ.

So someone make me a trade!

From
    Modesto, California

PM sent

From

Bumping.

Really getting close to send in my pics for approval, would really love the correct helmet!

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Great bro, I want too build a manequin but mi time is short and find a good manequin is not easy.good luck..............

From

Original post cleaned up and clarified.

From

Bumping for the new week.

From

Weekend bumping.

If I can't get this trade done by the time I get back from vacation, guess I'll sell this direct (in a separate thread), buy a kit, and see about a commission job to get it painted up.

Weekend bumping.

If I can't get this trade done by the time I get back from vacation, guess I'll sell this direct (in a separate thread), buy a kit, and see about a commission job to get it painted up.
    That'll probably be the "easiest" way and you'd actually be making a profit. I sold another MR helmet for $800, got an asok helmet kit and got it painted by F4R and the entire process only took a little over a month with an easy $200 left, so I'd recommend going that route. I have comparison pics in both Asok's and F4P's threads if you're curious as to how it turned out

From

Well of course I'm curious!

On an aside, things are coming along great. You should see some near done pics in the next couple weeks.

I helped at SDCC '08 Fett Seven's Avatar
    From
    Temecula, CA

PM sent.