Clone Wars Commando Droid head

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Clone Wars Commando Droid head

Hello all ...

And so it begins.....

If youve no idea what this item /kit is then have a scan at this thread...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f62/d...o-droid-47116/

...and if you still think this is the solution to being overrun with those pesky republic forces...or youre a clone in need of some target practice...

This is what you get ...

PRICE IS ...90 +POSTAGE ...(first one sent States side was about 20 P+P...EU was about 10...UK dont know yet (Im in UK) may be less... ALL KITS ARE SENT TRACKED AND SIGNED FOR ON DELIVERY )

CURRENTLY 5 UNITS ARE AVAILABLE

PLEASE NOTE: the ruler in shot is an heirloom !it has been with me through 2.5 droids now and is only in shot for scale ....so buy yer own!

(ARC Trooper and other republic forces or ships /planets etc not included)

The kit is hand roto cast PU resin , like a vinyl kit only harder .Parts can be flexed with heat a little , this is sometimes needed to open up the neck socket fractionally .
    The kit has been researched , mastered and cast by me and is geared to be relatively easy assembly and light weight /compact for shipping .

The BX commando droid head kit is designed to be lit ,I currently DO NOT supply electrics as I cant wire an LED up !!
    It consists of ..
    PU cast parts ..
    1...head
    2...main neck
    3...rear neck strut
    4..neck dome (this clips over the bottom of the neck )
    5...vocoder

then there are other parts

1 ..eye lens...2 clear 2mm thick styrene disks ,usually sanded on one side .
    2...diffusion disks, this is to deepen the look of the eye so it doesnt just look flat white ...improves the eye whether lit or not
    3... white eye disks...these back the eye assembly and give the eye the right colour .
    4... neodynium magnets .. these hold the jaw assembly to the head and allow electrics and battery replacement .
    5... jaw plate ... this is a shaped piece of 2mm styrene that you file/ sand with a block to fit each head , the vocoder is then fixed to this and magnets fitted.
    6...2feet of really evilly strong elastic ..this is the secret of how this baby works ... got the idea from a strung doll , makes the head fully posable ...that is as much as the CGI animation can do with out cheating!
    7....rods ,...you need a small diameter metal rod , while I have this I will supply... the head needs a rod through the lower eye socket (side to side )and a rod through the ball at the top of the neck to guide elastic .
    You will need a third rod across the base of the neck inside , as I used thicker stock and dont have any more I do NOT supply this one rod (you need around 2 inches/4.5 cm only)
    8... 'T' nut and 6mm bolt (while in stock )...the 'T' nut gets bonded into the neck dome at the base of the neck

This kit is a bit of an experiment and is a little weird in construction ,however,if you can make a clone bucket then you can do one of these! ...plus I know some idiot on here that will be around for any advice!

PS. all the cool images (both of em are thanks to Jim 'BONDO BOY' Mundy ...a mate /resident of these here parts and denizen of the ghostbusters bits of the net !...Cheers Jim!

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Re: Clone Wars Commando Droid head

OK , 2 kits have been sold ... so theres three left in this run at present

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

OK, 2 kits left in the current run

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

current run is all gone but I am taking a list via PM's for the next !