Bronze Webley from the original run, special improvements, plus other blaster parts

From
    Beverly Hills, MI

Bronze Webley from the original run, special improvements, plus other blaster parts

For Sale - One bronze replica Webley from Handshaub's first run!

$550 plus shipping
    (US shipping only)

webley1-jpg

This is a really nice cast bronze replica with a real wood stock.
    The metal is chemically darkened with Brass Black except for the grip with is polished clean.

The stock was stained really dark, almost black, when I got it. I tried to sand it clean, but the stain was really set in. It's been refinished with walnut stain and a matte clearcoat. I think the wood is pine, not hardwood. I did some slight reshaping to make it more accurate as well.

I completely replaced the front hinge pin to be stronger and more accurate. It is now steel and does screw apart if you ever wanted to disassemble the gun.

I added lanyard rings! I made these from picture hanging hardware and the rings from a couple of Denix Mausers. I used gun bluing to blacken them. They look pretty accurate and they're fairly strong. The one in the handle is screwed in and set with JB Weld. The one in the wood stock is just screwed in.

Any questions, please ask!
    It's a great piece, the cast has great detail. The only reason I'm selling it is because I got a real Webley.

Check out these detail pics...
    leftside-jpgmakermarks-jpgtriggerdetail-jpgtoprear-jpgstock-jpgstockring-jpgbreechopen-jpgbreechopen2-jpg

I also have some other ESB blaster parts for sale.
    These are NOT included in the price above for the bronze Webley.
    Whoever buys the Webley has first dibs on these parts.

"Frankenscope" - $60
    Identical in dimensions to an ASI, but made from two other rifle scopes.
    The eyepiece and adjustment knobs are completely correct. The other scope bell is the right size and shape, but lacks that slight "lip" where it meets the main tube. Since the main scope was a 4x15 and cut down to the correct length, there are no threads for the added scope bell. That bell will need to be glued on when ready. I didn't glue it because it's easier to leave it off until you add the scope rings.
    frankenscope1-jpgfrankenscope2-jpgfrankenscope3-jpgfrankenscope4-jpg

Real 100% correct tall scope rings - $75
    These are the hard to find tall rings exactly like the rings on the real prop.
    tallrings1-jpgtallrings2-jpg

Modified Heiland 2-cell flash tube - $20
    This is a hollow Heiland 2-cell flash tube with extra holes drilled in it to match the MPP. You can't do this with a Heiland 3-cell because it has too many holes. The 2-cell is still long enough to fit well within the Webley.
    heiland1-jpgheiland2-jpgheiland3-jpg

From
    Pittsburgh

Re: Bronze Webley from the original run, special improvements, plus other blaster par

pm sent regarding everything

From
    Oklahoma City

Re: Bronze Webley from the original run, special improvements, plus other blaster par

I have a bronze webley as well. Do you mind sharing what you used for the front hinge pin? I really need to find something like that for mine. Thanks.

wow - I thought the pins I used were steel. good luck with the sale

From
    Beverly Hills, MI

Hand-Schaub said: View Post
    wow - I thought the pins I used were steel. good luck with the sale
    The first pin in mine was a little bent and not working well. Maybe it was just thin or the first owner damaged it.
    The new one is a modified clevis pin - cut to length, ground the head to fit the recess, and I drilled and tapped a hole in the end for the pan head screw. The screw is short, only about 1/4". That way the hinge pin is primarily solid steel. The screw just keeps it in place.
    The pin fits nice and snug so the hinge movement is real smooth.

Edit - IIRC the original pin might have been a threaded aluminum binding post with a steel screw. The screw gave it a strong center core, but the outer aluminum was distorted from use.
    Last edited by lonepigeon; Nov 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM.