Subscribe
  1. Dec 30, 2014, 7:13 PM - Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #1

So i have a bag of 1000 of these things. I only need about 60 of em, so im going to offer these for $5 plus shipping for a pack of 30, which is enough to attach all your armor to your vest. They are what i have been using while using bolts to attach my armor. The ID is 1/2" Which is 12.700mm. So technically they are a touch too big to be "correct" But you dont really see them. Just wanted to point that out because if you want 100% accuracy, these are technically too big.

These are not the bolts! Just the grommets for the holes on the vest!

PM me for payment details and availability!

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Dec 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM.
    Dec 30, 2014, 7:40 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #2

Holy grommets batman. That's a good price so they should sell fast.
    Dec 30, 2014, 7:47 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #3

I'll take a couple (2) of 30-packs...

Thanks!
    Dave
    Dec 30, 2014, 8:01 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #4

I'll take a set, Lou.
  5. Dec 30, 2014, 9:15 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #5

Before you guys order, just be aware these are 1/2" ID which is 12.700mm and TECHNICALLY they are too big for accuracy sake. They should be 12mm. However i have been using them for all of my builds with bolts. If your ok with that, please proceed

Of course some sites have 12mm listed as 12mm/1/2" so im not entirely sure if the converter i used online is correct in giving me the 12.700mm conversion.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Dec 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM.
    Dec 30, 2014, 11:17 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #6

I'm fine with that... Still in for a couple of packs.

Dave
    Dec 31, 2014, 8:12 AM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #7

Great price! Beats the heck out of buying small quantities at fabric shops..! Too bad I already have a bunch from just that, darn it.. Good of you to help folks out!
  8. Dec 31, 2014, 12:55 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #8

yea i figured id save some people some headaches and cash. Always happy to help out my fellow TDH members!

David, im shootin ya a PM now
  9. Jan 2, 2015, 4:34 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #9

David yours are goin out tomorrow mornin.

have plenty left if anyone wants!
    Jan 2, 2015, 7:32 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #10

Hey Lou. Do you have access to the chicago screws that could go in these? I currently have 6mm grommets with chicago screws that fit fine...but I will probably have to use more to even out the difference. If I have the larger 12mm ones it might be easier. Strange that no one around my city knows what chicago screws are. All the hardware stores (even a speciality fastener store) gave me weird looks.
  11. Jan 2, 2015, 8:28 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #11

Not at the moment. Im trying to source something thats close to the correct plastic bolt thingies. .....or will at least not go through the 12mm hole lol. I was using regular bolts epoxied onto the armor, but they are heavy! trying to find plastic ones that aren't nylon because glue doesn't work well with nylon usually.
    Jan 3, 2015, 1:42 AM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #12

ok. let me know what you find. I like the idea of the chicago screw because it has the smoothed edge. While not accurate, I would think it be more comfortable in the end.
  13. Jan 3, 2015, 9:48 AM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #13

yea..they do make them in aluminum which has still got to be lighter than steel bolts lol. Maybe i'll see if i can find large enough ones. Like you said, its not accurate but it may be a nice option.

EDIT:

Found this place:
    https://www.screwpost.com/

They have a good selection...and also have plastic ones..thsat push togther but can be unscrewed...pretty neat...but it seems the largest head size on them (the plastic ones) is 1/4" so you'd likely need a washer to use them with these grommets. Ya could also get smaller grommets i suppose. Just another option.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jan 3, 2015 at 9:54 AM.
  14. Jan 3, 2015, 10:02 AM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #14

found this one as well:
    http://www.binding101.com/silver-alu...crewposts.html

Better pricing but no plastic
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:12 AM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #15

I'm currently using magnets and am not really happy with it. Looking into this or velcro. This looks like it will be sturdy, any cons to this?
  16. Jan 4, 2015, 4:56 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #16

Well i have only done this with actual bolts, so those were heavy. If you/we can find better plastic ones, it will reduce the weight. The only real con i see with this method is you gotta get it right the first time. you wont be able to adjust spacing so it needs to be dead on. But other than that, i dont see any cons to it.
  17. Feb 18, 2015, 9:25 PM - Re: Brass grommets for vest (armor attachment item) #17

Still have these available!