Subscribe
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 16, 2014, 8:13 PM - Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #1

Hi everyone,

I have decided to make and sell a few of the 3D printed EE-3 Blasters to help fund the Sta'is clan's trip to Celebration Anaheim.

Im only listing items that have been manufactured, I will not be selling and printing items on demand as this has caused issues in the past if I have had equipment failure. This item is ready to ship now, the photos are of that blaster specifically.

It is sized to match the masters replica signature edition (or at least be very close, its significantly bigger than those hasbro toys)

The blaster is up for sale on my Etsy Store and is ready to ship now.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2105691...laster-replica

Im also selling the same blaster as a DIY Kit for $100 if you want to save some money and do it yourself.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2109602...-ee-3-11-scale

thanks.

April (AKA AprilStorm) http://www.thingiverse.com/AprilStorm/designs
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 16, 2014, 8:32 PM - Re: Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #2

Completed Blaster has been purchased.

Thanks!
    Dave
    Last edited by davidFett; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:36 PM.
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 16, 2014, 9:18 PM - Re: Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #3

I am really interested in the DIY kit, but can't figure out how it gets assembled and is sturdy?
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 16, 2014, 9:45 PM - Re: Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #4

Thanks for the order, I will post it friday, and you should get it in a couple of weeks.

I should actually post up the instructions to ABS plastic welding using acetone. But since the plastic used is ABS, any plastic cement that melts and welds plastic will give you an extremely strong bond. Most likely it would be stronger than the actual printed joins.

All I do with the flat surfaces is have a ceramic dish with a thin pool of acetone. Dip each side together and then rub them together before the acetone evaporates. This effectively welds the plastic and is as strong as you will get. I would avoid epoxy or other glues, but model glue is also good.

I have been making 3D printed props now for 2 years using this technique. The machine is also purpose made for prop making. I have yet to have a part break. I usually make Death Watch Guantlets for the mercs using these machines.
    2 Weeks Ago - Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM - Re: Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #5

So these have both sold out, but I have reprinted the kit form if people are still interested.

thanks for looking
    2 Weeks Ago - Dec 1, 2014, 7:36 PM - Re: Blastech EE-3 Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, Kit or Complete #6

Quote davidFett said: View Post
    Completed Blaster has been purchased.

Thanks!
    Dave
    Received my Blaster today... love this thing! Very solid build - super sturdy and super light. I HIGHLY recommend picking up one of these kits from April!

Thanks!
    Dave
    Last edited by davidFett; 2 Weeks Ago at 4:20 PM.