Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    May 12, 2013, 12:41 AM - Asok/Animefan/Fettwerks RF Light Kits Now Available #1

These light kits are designed to fit the Asok and Animefan RF toppers. They run on a 3v coin cell battery (either the 2025 or the 2032). They are self contained and do not need a hollow stalk. There are 2 red LEDs that alternatively flash on the back of the board behind the tilt switch.
    In the second pic, the area where the pen is shows where the Rf topper will need a bit of sanding to get the kit to fit properly, this is due to the type of tilt switch used and the excess resin in the toppers, as well as a little sanding around the inside of the red LED holes.
    The vids below show the two versions I will be building; one with a white LED and one with a green LED. While not movie accurate, I like the green one and it is also the one I will have in my own FP lid. The clear piece in the vids sits inside the topper with nothing added to help hold it in, but a small magnet glued to the topper and a small piece of metal like a washer glued to the clear Perspex piece should be enough to hold it in place.

UPDATE
    Lou (Darth Voorhees) now has a helmet kit with an RF topper that will fit the self contained light kit. So now it is the Asok/Animefan/Fettwerks Self contained Rf light kit.

UPDATE FOR ANIMEFAN HELMET BUYERS
    Animefan has made some changes to his topper and stalk. His kit now includes a stalk that has a hollow tube for wires as well as a threaded mounting post. With these new parts on the stalk, the light kit will not fit inside the topper due to new stalk.
    The light kit still fits his RF topper, but due to the changes to the stalk, some extra work will be needed for it to fit. The tube and threaded post will need to be removed for the kit to fit, along with the sanding referred to in the pics below.
    If any animefan buyers have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will try to help as much as I can.
    ​Check out post #226 for pics and a video of the kit (with a few modifications) installed in the new Animefan RF topper.
    If there is interest in this new modified kit, I can make this a permanent item and ad it to the sellbuddy ad.

THESE CHANGES DO NOT EFFECT KITS INCLUDED WITH THE ASOK HELMET KITS.

Green kits are also available, but they will not be sold through sellbuddy. If one of those is desired, please send me a PM and I will let you know the timeframe of availability, and the price is the same as the white kit.
    Once the kit is shipped I will send you a PM with the tracking info, and I will be using the US Postal Service for shipping.

Thanks,
    JC

UPDATE
    I just found out from WebChief on the bounty hunter's guild (he is the detachment leader) that the new Boba Fett ESB CRL lists the perspex light as white, and the ROTJ is white as well for level 2/3 approval. This information as of right now is correct, but I will keep an eye on the CRLs for any changes.
    I will offer these with a green Perspex LED, but only by request.
    I also made a slight change in the board, the ones that I will be offering from now on are a little smaller and the Perspex led is more in the center of the Perspex piece.

The tilt switch on the kit is very sensitive, so when installing the kit make sure that the topper has been sanded out like in the picture below on the right, otherwise the tilt switch leads could be bent, which would cause it to not work correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asok RF.JPG 
Views:	628 
Size:	367.8 KB 
ID:	68713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asok RF Topper.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	68714  
    Last edited by Jc27; Aug 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM.
    May 12, 2013, 1:15 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #2

Pm sent
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    May 12, 2013, 1:58 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #3

Any chance this can be made to fit in the TF topper?

I'm guessing not... but I thought I'd ask.

Cheers!
    May 12, 2013, 9:05 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #4

I have one in the works that will fit the TF rangefinder that also uses the grain of wheat bulbs. That one will need a hollow stalk though. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
    May 12, 2013, 3:06 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #5

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    I have one in the works that will fit the TF rangefinder that also uses the grain of wheat bulbs. That one will need a hollow stalk though. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
    Color me interested on that one! I have a TF topper and am using a microswitch so I'd prefer a kit that took advantage of a hollow stalk anyways. I was beginning to doubt the right GoW bulbs would ever be found!
    May 12, 2013, 3:20 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #6

I have a vid of the TF prototype. I can post it later tonight.
    May 12, 2013, 5:54 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #7

Sure! I didnt't mean to derail your sale thread but I'd love to see it!
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    May 12, 2013, 6:47 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #8

As would I...

May 12, 2013, 8:33 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #9

Since the green ones seem to be the more popular of the two, I will make a few more. I will start a new list once I get the first 5 in the mail.
    May 12, 2013, 8:48 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #10

Nice to see you offering these Jc. I might pick one up in the future
    May 12, 2013, 10:23 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #11

Thanks man, it took a lot of time designing it.
    May 13, 2013, 12:37 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #12

Great work with the working RF lights! Can't wait to see the new TF style RF lights!
    May 13, 2013, 9:19 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #13

Deleted, new TF kit shown in other sales thread.
    Last edited by Jc27; Oct 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM.
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    May 13, 2013, 10:33 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #14

Looks good! Might need to slow the flashing down on those red LEDs...
    May 13, 2013, 11:06 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #15

With the chip I'm using it can't be slowed down. I may be able to make a double sided board that uses caps and transistors, but that's going to take time to try to figure out.
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    May 13, 2013, 11:24 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #16

As far as I'm concerned, I think ANY solution for the TF topper is a good one. But I know there are folks who will see the rate of flashing and pull the accuracy card on ya.

Great work - looking forward to the final product.
    May 13, 2013, 2:08 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #17

has any one tried fiber optic strands?
    May 13, 2013, 2:16 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #18

That may be the only option due to the current draw of the GOW bulbs. There may be lower voltage GOW bulb that will fit the clear piece, I will need to do some research.
    May 13, 2013, 3:23 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #19

Looks like a great start! Any chance of one that can take advantage of a Honeywell microswitch rather than a tilt switch?
    May 13, 2013, 4:03 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #20

I don't know much about that switch. Is it the one that was mounted to the ear on the original helmet for the movie? I am sure I could come up with something, but the problem would be how would I integrate it into the circuit since it would need wires run up through the stalk. That may be something I could work out on my own lid at a later date.
    May 13, 2013, 4:10 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #21

I am going to try to get my Paypal info sent out to everyone that is on the list by Thursday at the latest. I want to get the shipping sorted out before I have everyone sending their payments. All the boards for the lists are made, now I am figuring out the safest way to ship them. I will keep everyone posted.
    May 13, 2013, 4:24 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #22

This is fantastic. I might have to snag one in the future. Great work BTW!
    May 13, 2013, 4:44 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #23

Thanks. This will probably be an ongoing run so don't worry about the lists getting full.
    May 13, 2013, 6:24 PM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #24

Yes, this would be the movie accurate switch. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the technical implications involved with using such a switch. Maybe someone could comment on that?

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    I don't know much about that switch. Is it the one that was mounted to the ear on the original helmet for the movie? I am sure I could come up with something, but the problem would be how would I integrate it into the circuit since it would need wires run up through the stalk. That may be something I could work out on my own lid at a later date.
    May 14, 2013, 2:03 AM - Re: Asok RF Light Kits #25

Quote Wolfsburg said: View Post
    Yes, this would be the movie accurate switch. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the technical implications involved with using such a switch. Maybe someone could comment on that?
    Here is an explanation image I did regarding the Pre-Pro #3 helmet interior, but it stands for all helmets:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP3 Helmet Wiring.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	68782

Note: disregard the wire color code names as the colors are not essential in this case.