Aluminium Beacon

From
    London

Aluminium Beacon

Hey all, I've seen plenty of past threads about beacons and beacon runs and like most of us I am always searching for anything that could even resemble a found part. I've looked at the usual hair curlers, dental tools, fish tank filters, microphones etc etc....

Anyway, until we find it, I was wondering if we could maybe get someone to do a run of beacons as I'm sure there could be a big enough demand for it if it was to go ahead.

I bought one a while back when I first started my Boba costume from Evolution and it's extremely inaccurate.

If any of our many skilled members fancied doing a run of beacons, perhaps an interest thread would be a good idea first to test the water?

I'd definitely go on the list.

Thanks guys

Re: Aluminium Beacon

Look for eco's sales thread. He sells aluminum bits like the jetpack beacon and stabilizer (as a set or separately), and some dart sets for Boba and/or Jango. I missed the boat on getting everything I might need during DarkSide's last aluminum part run (I'm not entirely sure he did any beacons anyways). However, Eco has them on sale continuously. I'll admit, I was a little skeptical But I did compare the size and dimensions to Rafal's blueprints thread, and the piece checked out in photos. It arrived last week, and it is actually quite rather stunning!!
    The bottom base comes with a washer & bolt to secure it to the jetpack. Cool feature: the base also threads out of the beacon body so you can easily insert and wire in a light into the beacon body. I broke out my Vernier calipers and it doesn't match up to RafalFett's Misc. Templates exactly, but it is an extremely close replica (within about 1 mm on all measurements). If anything, it leans towards thicker and taller than the original.
    I just had a look at the Evo Props aluminum beacon, and I feel like eco's stays more true to what you see on the ESB and ROTJ jetpack. Evo's version appears to be the Promo #2 version.
    Last edited by Necronaut; Jul 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

I have a Bobamaker beacon and its really nice. Another option for ya

I have a new Beacon on the horizon! I'll have a prototype out next week, but it will be pretty groundbreaking I think!

I'll post a thread when I've got protos for my pieces

From
    London

Cheers for the info guys. Necronaut, I hadn't come across eco's stuff so thanks for that, I'll check it out for sure. 22ssplt, I was looking at Bobamaker's website yesterday and his beacons do look nice. I have armour coming from him in December so it could be an option to ask him definitely.
    JodoKast89 I would love to see this new beacon as would many others on here. Great stuff.

Thanks again fellas