99centtaco Leather Ammo Belts & Slings - Retirement

From
    Somewhere deep inside the Dark Organization Corps Base

Re: 99centtaco Leather Ammo Belts & Slings - Retirement

jonmclay- His last contact with me was in October 2013. I had PMed him quite a few times, because I had ordered the item since June 2013. In his last contact with me on October 2013, he had replied to me that he will send the item.

I haven't heard anything from him since then, and it's June 2014 now.

It would be nice to get a refund after waiting for a year or so. I can understand if he has personal issues to deal with, and he can't do it anymore. But if one can't do it anymore, the money should be refunded. (To be frank, and I really hate to say this, but I really do feel that I got ripped off.)
    Last edited by Hakaider; Jun 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The problem is that he probably doent have the money any longer. Which means your only option is to wait for the item, because his markup is about 900%.

At some point he will come back, and he will want to sell things. When he does so, he will need to clear up the old orders. That is likely your only chance. All the pitch forks and townsfold rallying wont get blood from a turnip.

Not what you want to hear, but the truth. My advice is to go about getting other things, and eventually, you may get this item, and you can sell it or trade it for something you need.

M2

From

I guess I should write it off as a lesson that I got ripped off, and not every seller here is trustworthy or honest.

If he comes back & sells his wares again, I really should avoid him like the plague. I'm not going to be lied to a second time & get ripped off again.
    Last edited by Hakaider; Jun 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

From
    England

Dear Hakaider, I waited months for my Taco sling for ESB and have to say that I didn't really feel it was worth the wait and the endless hassle to get it. That said I wanted it because I had paid for it and felt I deserved to received it having fulfilled my side of the bargain. In retrospect I feel that the product is poor and the service was awful. I am now aware of the problems that he says he has had but you are more than justified than feeling that you have been ripped off. It seems that you have; that is unless Taco finally comes good and gives you what he owes you or a refund in which case he is guilty only of mindnumbingly awful customer service. Notwithstanding that you are owed good or money or any other arguments I would recommend you look to this ebay seller for a length of leather and make your own sling:

Leather Strips: Quality Italian Bridle, Short or Long: Black, Dark Brown or Tan | eBay

I decided to do this after receiving my (poor) Taco sling after some advice from Danzofett and seeing his build thread. We had both ordered slings from Taco although only I received one. His sling is just better.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/esb-ee3-done-49721/

I appreciate this solution won't help you get your money back but it will help you close the door on an already unpleasant chapter that has left a nasty taste in the mouth...
    Be thankfukl you hadn't paid for a belt.

From

intwenothor -Thank you very much for the tip. I'll certainly look into it.

intwenothor said: View Post
    I appreciate this solution won't help you get your money back but it will help you close the door on an already unpleasant chapter that has left a nasty taste in the mouth... Be thankfukl you hadn't paid for a belt.
    Well Andy sure gets the "Well Said" award of the day. Too bad I'm one of the lucky individuals who did pay for a belt in addition to a sling. Hakaider, from where I sit, "ripped off" is putting it lightly.

From
    Massachusetts

Yes sir totally agree jbdubz......sad
    Last edited by Got2bfett; Jun 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

From
    California

Does anyone know him personally? Any contact information?

Stormrider said: View Post
    At some point he will come back, and he will want to sell things. When he does so, he will need to clear up the old orders. That is likely your only chance. All the pitch forks and townsfold rallying wont get blood from a turnip.

Not what you want to hear, but the truth. My advice is to go about getting other things, and eventually, you may get this item, and you can sell it or trade it for something you need.
    This is what really makes this hobby suck balls sometimes. It's a damn shame too. Let's just start a blaster run and do the same thing, we can split the money 50/50 since this almost seems acceptable nowadays.

From
    New York

This is the only part I have had issues with.
    I have ordered from Arkady, Batninja, woodsman, Salamanderking and a lot of other people and they have been great.
    I can't say a hobby sucks because of one bad sale.

BobaTheMandalor said: View Post
    This is the only part I have had issues with.
    I have ordered from Arkady, Batninja, woodsman, Salamanderking and a lot of other people and they have been great.
    Its happened to me twice, almost three times already, already and I've only been here for a few years. I'd mention names but they just fall on deaf ears anyways since those sellers are "so trusted"

BobaTheMandalor said: View Post
    update for today...
    Taco's bank refused my bank's request for a refund because his account is closed.

i'm sorry but that SUCKS any way you slice it. you are certainly correct, there are a great number of trustworthy and honorable producers out there however, all fall in the shadow of a transaction like this. like the saying "we are only as strong as our weakest link". let us not forget that this IS a community. oh and for the record, 207 dollars is still 207 dollars so quit being a thread hero, continuing to defend his shenanigans wont get you the leather any faster than it will us brother.

the current and unchecked perception is that the guy ripped us off. this has left a lot of us with a bitter taste. like that pasty hangover mouth the next morning, where you got hammered the night before, met a pretty girl and bought her drinks, gave her your number. she promised she'd call but the next day, nada. a week later, nada. you call her and still 98 days later, NADA.

just like what happened after i sent Taco my money. THAT is the only part I have had issues with.

From

update for today...
    Taco's bank refused my bank's request for a refund because his account is closed.
    That's not a good sign. That pretty much means that he has already taken off & took all the money with him.

That's another good reason, not to do business with him when he comes back here in the future.

From
    Massachusetts

That's disheartening news for sure , pretty sad he would choose to steal from membes in this community. I've dealt with several sellers here as well and all have been great. Bad taste yeah I got it too ...

From
    California

Hakaider said: View Post
    That's not a good sign. That pretty much means that he has already taken off & took all the money with him.

That's another good reason, not to do business with him when he comes back here in the future.
    I doubt he'll be coming back if he has truly chosen to steal from us.

From
    Silver Spring, MD. USA

I doubt it will help anyone, but I have his email address and facebook address. I'm really sad this has turned out this way for so many people. There's no excuse for this.

ive sent FB messages. very cordial and understanding, non accusatory or hostile FB messages. no response...yet he posts on his wall constantly.

Sent from my R2 unit using Tapatalk

From
    Silver Spring, MD. USA

I've noticed that.

From
    Ireland

Sigh........brothers it's a sad day,I've been here a while with a lot of dealings with members "hopefully all good plz say if not" but it's seems to be a constant trend with old we'll respected members singing a jig and we all dance.....it's sad for new guys reading these posts about a guy who's a pretty stand up fella :-/ taco dude man up......

jbdubz said: View Post
    ive sent FB messages. very cordial and understanding, non accusatory or hostile FB messages. no response...yet he posts on his wall constantly.

Sent from my R2 unit using Tapatalk
    Can you see what garrison or whatever he's in and post something on their wall linking this thread?

From
    California

Has anyone received email correspondence from Taco the following emails (or a derivative of these addresses): jedi121(@stax.rr.com) or jediknight121(@hotmail.com)

If even one of you can confirm that he has used these or similar email addresses, it would be HUGELY helpful to our collective cause.

I got an email from.him last week. Her fiance reply saying taco is at the hospital and she intend to refund pending orders.

Havent her from her after given her my paypal address
    Tacos other email is
    Jmstudios1979@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

From
    California

Kcr7pr said: View Post
    she intend to refund pending orders.
    I hope that's true.

From
    Silver Spring, MD. USA

The jmstudios1979@gmail.com address is the one he used to correspond with me as well.

From
    England

Celebrate when you see your money back.