Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 28, 2006, 2:54 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #26

Quote mando25 said: View Post
    has been edited

kid, it doesn't matter if you edit your post. you bumped the thread, and people quoted you immediately. GCN has warned you in every thread to stop digging up old threads because it's trolling.

take a hint
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Dec 28, 2006, 3:17 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #27

Quote CombatBaby said: View Post
    kid, it doesn't matter if you edit your post. you bumped the thread, and people quoted you immediately. GCN has warned you in every thread to stop digging up old threads because it's trolling.

take a hint

theres one more person annoyed
  3. mando25 is offline mando25
    Dec 28, 2006, 4:37 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #28

this thread is from before that argument
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Dec 28, 2006, 5:04 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #29

doesnt matter, stop doing it
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Dec 28, 2006, 9:58 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #30

mando, when you first signed up here, your posts were generally decent and educated, but now it seems like you are trying to be annoying. Stop digging up old posts, and show respect. No one has a problem with YOU. just the way you are acting.
    Jan 18, 2007, 8:55 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #31

Quick Question on the helmet - anyone remeber the model of Binocs that were used, i did know but ive lots all my notes
    Jan 18, 2007, 10:07 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #32

I'm thinking Bushnell ??? something like that. I think DCB said he found them at Target (which I don't think you have in the UK ). But that model was from a few years ago, not sure it's still out or even what model it was... Sorry I can't be of more help. I do remember he said they were in the $10-$20 range and he needed 2 for each helmet.
    Jan 18, 2007, 10:43 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #33

Thanx hun!! I remeber i pm'ed someone asking a few years back (i think it was dcb) they told me and i found them on a US site somewhere but i totally forgot what they were lol
    Jan 18, 2007, 10:47 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #34

Well i answered my own question!! lol - next tim i ask anything and say "someone once pm'ed me with the answer" someone logical tell me to check my inbox! lol

I didnt think to look as it was about 3 years ago LOL

Anyway answering my own question incase someone else needs the info

"2 pair of cheap Bushnell 8x21 sports binoculars - torn apart and put together."
    Jan 18, 2007, 12:26 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #35

Wow, I have a few questions about these binoculars. Why would 2 pair be needed? I see just 2 eye pieces used on top of the helmet correct? I don't see what part needs to be used twice?

Secondly, if anyone has a model number handy that would help. Or even a photo of the binoculars before they have been torn apart. So far the only 8X21 Bushnell's I see are like this:

and nothing about them screams out to me that these are the right ones

Thanks for any insight or help any of you can give me!
    Jan 18, 2007, 1:06 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #36

Those aren't the right ones. You need the 10x25. They're discontinued as well so you'll have to go to a store and check their old stock. The new versions have been re-styled and the thumb knob is different.

On another note, they still aren't 100% perfect but I'd say they're about 95% close enough. The reason you need two pair is because there is only one lens that you can focus and is the only one that comes off of the pair. The zam helmet used 2 focusing lenses. Then you have to create the connection between them. You get most of the frame with the binocs but it's still a lot of work to build the pair. I'll be making them with the helmets ... as soon as I get word of the helmets being ready.... any day now I hope he'll give me an update
    Jan 18, 2007, 1:11 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #37

Strange! DCB told me 8x21 Lemme see what i found back in the day! lol
    Jan 18, 2007, 2:53 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #38

Quote MonCal said: View Post
    Those aren't the right ones. You need the 10x25. They're discontinued as well so you'll have to go to a store and check their old stock. The new versions have been re-styled and the thumb knob is different.

I'll be making them with the helmets ... as soon as I get word of the helmets being ready.... any day now I hope he'll give me an update
    Thanks for the clarification! So maybe this is the older style?

And these are the newer ones not to use?

Or neither?

Then again, if we get lucky and you make our helmets + binculars I might not need to worry about this. I still like to get all the particulars and research straight.

Quote Langsuir666 said: View Post
    Strange! DCB told me 8x21 Lemme see what i found back in the day! lol
    Maybe the body of both the 8X21 and the 10x28 are so nearly identical it doesn't really matter. It looks like the same frame is used on those two photos as far as the knob goes and the ocular area.
    Jan 18, 2007, 10:37 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #39

The frame is the same but the design of the adjustable lens is different. It's tough to explain but the design that allows the lens to rotate and focus is completely different. I bought 3 different pairs and ruined 2 pairs that I couldn't return learning this.
    Jan 19, 2007, 12:38 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #40

Ah, that sucks MonCal So, is the first photo of the 10X25 in my above post the correct discontinued model?
    Jan 26, 2007, 1:10 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #41

Yeah, that first one is correct. The 2nd phot is tough to tell.. it might be right too. they could be using old photos for their new stock. I have a feeling that even if they were ordered from a website that they would still use the old photo and send you the new model which is why I'm going to stores personally to find them. They even try to give you the new model there.. they don't realize that they're different.

I have a request to those with DCB helmets .. purty please ... Since I traded my helmet I don't have one to look at and my fiberglass guy needs to know exactly where to trim the helmets. I completely forgot to look at that on my helmet. I need some photos of the bottom of the helmet if someone would be so kind Thank you thank you thank you !!!!
    Jan 27, 2007, 4:09 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #42

Quote MonCal said: View Post
    I have a request to those with DCB helmets .. purty please ... Since I traded my helmet I don't have one to look at and my fiberglass guy needs to know exactly where to trim the helmets. I completely forgot to look at that on my helmet. I need some photos of the bottom of the helmet if someone would be so kind Thank you thank you thank you !!!!
    If someone doesn't beat me to it, when ours arrives I'll send you some flicks
    Let me know exactly where you want them

John
  18. Member Since
    May 2006
    Jan 28, 2007, 2:06 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #43

I would be interested in buying a helmet when they become available. Is there a list to put my name on for when they become available?
    I'm not in a hurry. Just now starting the very early getting information so I can start getting things and spreading out the budget. Figuring some time next year I should have it wearable.

Thanks!!
    Jan 31, 2007, 2:00 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #44

sl/tk8456 , that would be great if you could share some photos. I would greatly appreciate it As soon as I can send them to my fiberglass guy then he can trim the first one and send it to me so I can show some pics and decide on options for everyone
    Jan 31, 2007, 3:28 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #45

As soon as our helmet arrives Moncal ill take the pictures for you, just waiting on the postman! Hope he comes soon i want to run about with my rifle and the helmet on!!!!!!!
    Jan 31, 2007, 3:36 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #46

Sorry I haven't taken any pics for ya, my helmet has soo much battle damage, I wouldn't trust the measurements on the pics to your helmet dude. Mine was like the first or second one outta the hatch and, well, on the way to Dragon Con, all the tabs came off.. etc etc..
    Feb 2, 2007, 2:53 AM - Re: Zam Helmet #47

My helmet is on its way back to me so as soon as it gets here I can relay the info to the fiberglass guy and move forward from there
    Feb 10, 2007, 12:04 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #48

MonCal... I can't believe I missed this thread! :o Do you still need pics of the helmet? I can send some to you. Mine is still in good condition, except for the one back tab which fell off, and I haven't glued it back on yet.

Lemme know....
    Feb 10, 2007, 8:13 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #49

MonCal, the lid has arrived. Hooray!

What flicks do you need?

Also did anyone else find these lids are a little bit on the wee side?
    Feb 10, 2007, 9:01 PM - Re: Zam Helmet #50

Yes, they are a tad small, and you can't stuff foam inside, and you will get helmet head.