Zam Bodysuit

Zam Bodysuit

I am starting my Zam costume. I already did research, know where to get the parts.
    But there is one thing that is not clear to me. And for some reason I can't find the answer I am looking for (maybe I missed it during my research, my apologies then)

Her neoprene undersuit...is it one piece? Or two pieces; pants and a shirt?
    I have never worked with neoprene before (I will have te suit made by a seamstress) but is a two piece suit possible?
    It would be more comfortable and easier I think to have it made in two pieces.

From
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Zam Bodysuit

I think it is suppose to be a one piece, but I am making mine into two. There is plenty of ways to make it look like a one piece with the skirt and everything in the front.

From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I believe it was a two piece suit. If you look at the pictures that are in the gallery - I'm pretty sure there was a top that was only neoprene from the bottom of the shoulders up, and a pair of pants that were held up with suspenders. Specifically look at the Magic of the Myth gallery, page three, bottom right picture.

From
    Honolulu, HI, USA

In my research there's def 2 dif neoprene pieces as we can see the black under the vest not sure if their connected with the black. I would think 2 pieces would be much more easier to go to the bathroom in if ur walking around a con all day. Out of curiosity where did u get your fabric? That's the thing I'm having a huge problem with. Nothing looks right. I'm thinking ill have to get the correct lycra and have it laminated to neoprene.
    Good luck on your Zam

From
    United States

While we're on the subject...I'm building a Zam too for my wife (not a SW fanatic like us). I got a few parts coming from Thumper. I would think the two piece would be easier to build AND use.
    Last edited by thrax; May 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: sp

From
    Williamson New York

Does anyone have a specific pattern they're using for the suit? I don't know if this is posted somewhere else. If so, I apologize. I'm gearing up to do a Zam for my daughter. I've just paid for fabric from someone on here (thanks Julie), & I'd like a nice pattern for the suit. Any Zammers out there want to chime in on this? All help &/or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

This pattern was suggested to me by another
    Zammer. I am using it.

Kwik Sew 3052