Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jun 21, 2012, 4:48 PM - New Zammer. #1

Hello fellow Zammers. My wife has decided that I have enough armor costumes and have all the fun so she wants us to build her a Zam. I will have pics to post soon as I have been working on what I thought would be the hard parts....helmet, guantlets, shin armor, all those ornamental parts...ect.

Turns out that the project as we broke it down has given her most of the challenges, namely the body suit and vest.

I would like to know what most of you have decided to use or already worked with for the neoprene and leather. I have been to our local Tandy leather store and believe I may have something that will work for the vest, but my wife is having real trouble finding the right neoprene. I know there was the ZIA neoprene run previously, but I hope there is something out there that works pretty much as a substitute or this project will come to a screeching stop after such a great start. Did I mention we found the Pradas right out of the gate so we are really excited right now. The skirt is also proving to be not that difficult so if any of you professional Zammmers could throw me and my wife a bone on the neoprene, We would really appreciate it.

Sincerely, Jim and Peggy
    Jun 24, 2012, 2:56 PM - Re: New Zammer. #2

Quote Heatray said: View Post
    I know there was the ZIA neoprene run previously
    Where did you get that info from?
    Is there still something available or maybe another run in the near future?

We are also looking to find the right fabric.
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jun 27, 2012, 4:52 PM - Re: New Zammer. #3

I remember reading in an old, old posting somewhere on this site. There was a custom run of neoprene done but it was years ago I believe. Unless someone is holding on to some I don't think you will see any of it offered up.
    Jun 28, 2012, 7:20 PM - Re: New Zammer. #4

I believe a lot of the Zams are getting their neoprene at TheStretchhouse.com . Hope this helps.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jun 28, 2012, 10:10 PM - Re: New Zammer. #5

The Stretchouse neoprene is ok, but I received the package from Iceheart today that we ordered and it is perfect!
  6. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 8, 2013, 3:53 AM - New Zammer. #6

You can get a preview of Hans Zimmer's original motion picture soundtrack . I have enough armor costumes and have all the fun so she wants us to build her .

billige afbudsrejser