Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 5, 2006, 1:57 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #51

Quote kimncris said:
    Hey Yvonne,

Thanks for tackling this project again!

I think it is time to upgrade my bodysuit - the color of my leather has faded a bit so if I'm going to be re-coloring the leather, this would be the opportune time to get in on the better fabric!

Is 5 yards enough to make a suit for a size 10 - 12? If so, please put me down as a definite participant.

Thanks!
    Kim
    email: kknight08 at gmail dot com

p.s. <s>how is the tater tot?</s> Nevermind - I just saw his blog. He's getting so big!
    Yep. 5 yards is enough, I haven't done any definate calculations, but you'll all definately have enough for a suit with between 5-6 yards worth of material. Size 12 was my size before I was preggers and that's approximately what the seamstress used. Ironically, Tatertot shrunk me down to a size 7. So, nothing of my old Zam outfit actually fits, it's all oversized on me now. Because I have a lot of calculations to make, it causes me to have to give you all estimates right now. The neoprene comes in sheets, not continuous bolts like lycra does. That's why I have such a difficult time with giving you all exact numbers right now. Once I have the interest list settled, I can see who needs what and divide by everyone, all the while making sure everyone has enough for one suit.
    I was told Jersey point needle when sewing on a home machine. (A machine that can go through at least denim.) Make sure you have alcohol swabs ready, to take off the glue on your needles during sewing, and don't be intimidated by sheer fustration when sewing, the neoprene thickness has broken at least 5 needles per piece on my seamstress' non-industrial machine. I seriously think that those that have an industrial machine would be better off, that way you don't damage the motor of those lesser strength machines. My seamstress had to get her non-industrial machine fixed twice due to sewing the neoprene.
    Jun 5, 2006, 7:26 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #52

According to the book "More Fabric Savvy" by Sandra Betzina (pgs. 184-185) under "Wetsuit" aka. Neoprene it lists:

Sewing Tips: Let fabric feed into machine naturally. A roller foot is the answer to sewing on foam-backed fabrics. (I have a built in walker-foot on my machine that also helps with fabric feeding issues.)

Layout: "without nap" layout, single thickness.

Cutting: Large rotary cutter or scissors.

Thread: Nylon.

Needle: 75/11 HS (Image shows "Stretch" needles which is very similar to "Jersey" needles.)

Stitch Length: Tiny zigzag (0.5 mm width, 2.5mm length)

Presser Foot: Roller foot.

Hope that helps..... And yes... always always always have lots of needles handy for every sewing project!

ZIA... Not fair. I was a size 7 before I had my daughter.. no comment on the size afterwards!
    Jun 5, 2006, 11:17 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #53

MM - It would be nice to zig zag stitch, but if you want accuracy, you can see that none of it was zigzag stitched. Edit** Actually I take that back on the back side when you do the welt seam, i can see using a zig zag.
    Last edited by Zam I Am; Jun 9, 2006 at 3:37 PM. Reason: addition of sewing methods
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jun 10, 2006, 2:27 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #54

Last edited by Qui-Gon_Ludo; Jun 13, 2006 at 3:07 PM.
    Jun 10, 2006, 7:46 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #55

This is a place where 100% accuracy conflicts with what would probably work best in the real world... IMHO. That small of a zig-zag is barely noticable, but is enough to allow for some "give" in the fit of the costume. I'll need to make some tests on some ends of my fabric, see the differences between straight and slight zig-zag.
    Last edited by MaulMaus; Jun 11, 2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Rephrase answer
    Jun 18, 2006, 7:29 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #56

Hi Guys,

Sorry to have to do this but I'm going to have to pull out of the fabric run at this time. Too many things getting in the way of this project, I'm afraid. Hopefully, there will be another run in the future and I can jump on.

Thanks!
    Jun 18, 2006, 11:06 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #57

With it being over $200, please just mark me down for one.
    Jun 21, 2006, 6:39 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #58

I'm sorry but I have to remove myself from the fabric run for now. Some things have come up and I won't be able to pay for the fabric.

I apologize for not having replied sooner but I've been very busy and haven't checked the forums sooner. Good luck on your costumes everyone!
    Jun 22, 2006, 1:09 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #59

Ok dudes and dudettes, list closed. I will be making calculations next week on price, call the manufacturers with real numbers, and post the actual prices and yardage. Please pm me with the following: Your real name, your TDH name,physical address for shipping the fabric, your email address, preferred method of payment (paypal by debit); money order; US check; or Western Union; are the only methods accepted. I don't have paypal by creditcard, because I don't have a business account The amount listed on this thread will not include shipping to you, all of those charges will have to be calculated separately on a per person basis, as we have several people on the list that are from foriegn countries. The cost of shipping to and from the various companies, however, will be incorporated. I will also have to charge shipping insurance on all the fabric. I can't afford the loss like last time.
    Jun 26, 2006, 1:34 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #60

Please send the info above-- people without a star by their name--I NEED your info!
    Thanks~
    Jun 26, 2006, 9:41 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #61

info sent
  12. Member Since
    May 2006
    Jun 27, 2006, 3:39 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #62

Info sent
    Jun 28, 2006, 12:36 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #63

PM sent!
    Jul 16, 2006, 1:37 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #64

Quote Zam I Am said:
    Please send the info above-- people without a star by their name--I NEED your info!
    Thanks~
    haha - the star by my name scared me at first! I thought I was overdue on payment!

K
    Jul 16, 2006, 11:13 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #65

KnC, sorry, I should have put -> sign the others so that they can gimme their info. I need everyone's info, and how they will be paying because it helps me be organized, I need to know so that if I have to make trips to banks or what have you, I don't want to have to go to the places 5 times in order to process payments. Another thing is, once I have the final price, payment needs to be quickly sent so that I can have enough on my credit card to call in my order to various manufacturers. I need this all info before I call in the final order. Then, I have to lay out all the fabric on the floor and cut all 14? people's and ship it out in boxes to you all. I still hope that the first lycra company still has the same swatch of 4 way stretch lycra that I ordered 3? years ago... sigh. They usually don't keep swatch orders over 2 years.
    Last edited by Zam I Am; Jul 16, 2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Jul 17, 2006, 11:16 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #66

If anyone is interested in my spot on the list, I will relinquish it to them. We have had a medical emergency come up that is taking priority on funds right now. I just had to spend $1300 out of pocket and there is more coming this week.

I will take the fabric because I committed to it but would prefer not to if someone else is interested.

Let me know and thanks!
  17. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Jul 18, 2006, 3:29 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #67

If anyone wants to sell me there spot for the Zam Material, please contact me.

Raul
    Jul 18, 2006, 9:42 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #68

Raul - Great timing because I need to back out of my order.

Zam I Am - is this okay with you that Raul takes my place in the list?
    Jul 18, 2006, 1:22 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #69

Thats totally cool, I just need all his contact info. Like in the previous post.
    Jul 20, 2006, 3:05 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #70

Great! I let Raul (DroidCollector) know that the spot is his and he needs to send you his info.
    Jul 21, 2006, 10:57 AM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #71

Zam I Am - I forwarded you DroidCollectors address so that you have it.

Good luck with the fabric ya'll! I'll be checking in and drooling as I see everyone's work - hope to see a crew of Zam's at C4!
    Jul 21, 2006, 6:38 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #72

I know I may be late, but I'm also interested in the fabric.. if not too late... or if someone wants to quit, I would take his place in the list !!!

ZAM I AM ... PM sent... please, take a look !!!
    Last edited by Benkenove; Aug 10, 2006 at 2:12 AM.
    Jul 24, 2006, 2:50 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #73

Yvonne, I've been working with Benkenove for a while on some stuff and should've sent him here sooner but I didn't keep up to speed on the neoprene run ... if there's an extra spot for him that would be great. I think he needs some of your greeblies too
    Jul 24, 2006, 11:36 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #74

I am having comp problems, I think that the last power outage corrupted a lot of my files. My whole contacts list on my mac got totally wiped out and so has my sheduler. So, I am having problems right now. Please give me much needed time to reestablish and import info, reinstall stuff and get set back up properly. I can't respond to anything anyone wants until everything is totally back up and running smooth, and unfortuneately, comp needs for my home piano studio business needs to come first on my "to fix/do list." I need to put my own needs before other wants, I am sorry for not being able to respond at this time. Others on the list with need to finish giving me their info via pm, that's good.
    Aug 9, 2006, 4:17 PM - Re: Neoprene under suit-second batch? #75

Hey there...

I am very much interested in this offer if it reopens or if there is room due to a drop out....I contacted you via email earlier today

sithlord7768@msn.com