Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My Zam blaster is 100% done!!

Merged: Re: another new project in the works....

but then it would be a RESIN barrel.... and who wants that¿ Sure - you can use special paints or whatever - but nothing beats the real look of aluminum

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

Merged: Re: another new project in the works....

At least I got one for my daughter's costume at a good price! It even has a trigger with lights and sounds! Sure it's made of plastic but it's pretty cool! I might need to borrow it!

Merged: Re: blaster project in the works....

well... i decided to take the plunge and get 10 barrels made up. It's a bit cheaper each to get 10 than it would to get 5. So, i'm selling my cereal box collection to raise the money needed up front:
    DCB eBay link

Dustin Crops Boy wrote:

well... i decided to take the plunge and get 10 barrels made up. It's a bit cheaper each to get 10 than it would to get 5. So, i'm selling my cereal box collection to raise the money needed up front:
    DCB eBay link
    Did I miss something? Last I read it was going to be near $300 per barrel and now you are ordering 10!? Is confused.

yes. that is correct... The price would be less if i ordered 10. (about $70 ea. less)...

Ah, gotcha.

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

Erm... so how much are we talking about here?

For the barrels only? Or for the finished piece?

barrels only. I'm shooting for $375 for a completed gun. I know it's a lot of $... but that's a cheap as i can do them.

My Zam blaster is 100% done!!

Weee... got my barrel back today that i had machined to my specs...

just have to finish up the base that it sits on (needed the barrel in hand for final sizing - but it's almost done)... then cast up the handle parts and find the small bits (I think I may have a source for those!)...

compare mine to KnC's... like I said before - they did an excellent job with the ref they had available to them at the time... but i think mine is a bit more true to the size - based on my research...

also...... i was thinking about the syringe piece some more last night.... the whole time i was looking for a piece with a flat thumbscrew.... but only found ones with longer thumbscrews.. but then i thought.... why can't it be long and just pushed into a larger hole...
    Last edited by MaulMaus; Apr 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM. Reason: Picture links no longer valid

Re: My Zam blaster is almost done!!

From your orig pic, It's obvious, the handle is custom, and not found, i mean, just look, there is no weathering on your pic, and on the visual dictionary pic, there is wood-like weathering. Right?

Seeing howw good it looks so far... I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!!!!

Dallas, I am so very impressed - that looks wonderful! Just out of curiosity, how much did the machinist charge you to make the barrel? (forgive me if this is already posted somewhere)

LadyZam wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how much did the machinist charge you to make the barrel?
    $300 Initially it was going to be $300 for this one (the prototype)... then $240 for each one after that - but after they finished it and found out what a bear it was to actually do (lots of intricate cuts)... they said they could not do it for less than $500 ea! So - i'm looking at other options...

Did you get my pm regarding other options?

yes. let me think about it some more.

ok (bats eyelashes)

Wow! That looks awesome. Too bad they gouged you for that much more from the estimated cost!

purty

Are those inner nozzle parts machined too? or are they found parts?

(Here comes the drooling after the naugahyde skinning...)

JediNitess

That is awesome! And I want one...but I'm hoping another option works itself out 'cause $500 is a lot for just the barrel.

So pretty though...so pretty....

machined... I'm sure the originals were found parts.... but what, i don't know!

So those black pieces are painted machined aluminum? They look like rubber o ring and a some sorta rubber starlike something or other.

the gear is machined.. i dunno if it's dyed or what - but it's not painted. the small washer ring is plastic.

blaster Do you think they inserted a hard black rubber gear or that it's some machined really hard plastic?

who¿ LFL¿ Yes- there is a small gear in the real prop. I doubt it's rubber.. probably metal - like this one.