Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 11, 2008, 5:36 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #201

After about a year and a half this blaster project is finally coming to fruition!!!! :icon_biggrin:
    I must say though... they are turning out very nice. I think they give MR stuff a run for their money! With Jim Shima's help of Hyperdyne Labs we have put together one impressive blaster.

This is the first five assembled with electronics. I have 5 more to build with electronics for people. The sounds are awesome. It sounds just like Zam's blaster in the movie ... which coincidentally is the same sound as the tie fighter .. I believe.

Although they're not really a "new" project it sort of feels like it. I don't get to work on very many "new" projects these days and am missing it!! Soon though.. we'll be catching up and bringing some new stuff out into the light :icon_wink:

These will be in the mail in the next few days. I will contact those on the list who will be expecting the ones in this batch.

I will get to work on the next batch as soon as I can!

thanks again everyone for waiting out this project. I do believe you will be happy with the blaster.
  2. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Sep 11, 2008, 8:35 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #202

They look absolutely amazing! Fantastic! Can't wait!

Well, actually I can wait.... There is no rush for mine, as I've made no progress whatsoever in making my Zam costume. :o At least I know where my roll of Neoprene is!
  3. Member Since
    May 2006
    Sep 12, 2008, 12:12 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #203

Quote Zamovar said: View Post
    At least I know where my roll of Neoprene is!
    Under the bed in it's original shipping box like mine? At least I've opened it up and did unroll it to remove greeblies from the middle :o
    Sep 12, 2008, 8:00 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #204

Dang... I almost shorted out my keyboard drooling... Awesome doesn't quite cut it....
    Uber-Awesome?
  5. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Sep 12, 2008, 10:29 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #205

Quote me*gonk said: View Post
    Under the bed in it's original shipping box like mine? At least I've opened it up and did unroll it to remove greeblies from the middle :o
    Well, mine is down in the basement in its original shipping box, lying on a pile of plastic bins full of fabric... and I opened it up just long enough to take out the greeblies, too. They're in a crate with all my other neglected Zam bits. :o I may not be making any progress putting Zam together, but I know where all the parts are! (mostly)
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Sep 16, 2008, 12:50 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #206

I am starting my Zam costume and am looking for a blaster. I was wondering if you have anymore that you are making? If you do, let me know. I would like to get one. Thanks
    Sep 16, 2008, 9:59 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #207

All of the aluminum ones in this run are accounted for. I doubt that I'll be doing another run of them. I do still offer the resin blaster kits if you are interested please feel free to send me a pm.

thanks!
    Sep 17, 2008, 9:48 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #208

I updated the list in the first post. Those first five blasters have been shipped to the first people on the list who paid for electronics.

I've poured the resin kits for the next 4 blasters and have picked up all the electronics from Hyperdyne and will start on those 4 as soon as I can.

We're getting there!!! Only 1 year and 5 months since the first payment came in yikes!!

... oh... I had a dream that every one of the members here were at an event and no matter whether people had their zam stuff on or not, everyone was dressed in shades of zam colors and sitting on a small bleacher. I remember saying you guys looked like a big lilac flower .... wierd!! .... I guess I do dream in color ...
    Sep 17, 2008, 9:51 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #209

Weeha! I'm on the shipped list! Thanks SO much Cal for all of your hard work and patience with this project!
    Sep 17, 2008, 1:57 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #210

Pm coming your way MonCal.

My address has changed since I sent in payment. I figure I should update it before you start working my blaster.
  11. Member Since
    May 2006
    Sep 17, 2008, 2:21 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #211

Quote MonCal said: View Post
    I updated the list in the first post. Those first five blasters have been shipped to the first people on the list who paid for electronics.

I've poured the resin kits for the next 4 blasters and have picked up all the electronics from Hyperdyne and will start on those 4 as soon as I can.

We're getting there!!! Only 1 year and 5 months since the first payment came in yikes!!

... oh... I had a dream that every one of the members here were at an event and no matter whether people had their zam stuff on or not, everyone was dressed in shades of zam colors and sitting on a small bleacher. I remember saying you guys looked like a big lilac flower .... wierd!! .... I guess I do dream in color ...
    It would be funny to see everyone sitting there like that. Hum..preminition?

I got my PM. I can not contain my excitement that's it's almost here!! The days aren't going to go by fast enough!
  12. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Sep 17, 2008, 7:52 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #212

Actually, that may be as close as I get to finishing Zam for a long time! :o Maybe I should start looking for clothes in appropriate Zam hues so I'll be ready...

Thanks for arming us Zams!
  13. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Sep 17, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #213

Hey everybody,

Those blasters are awesome looking. I'm looking for one of those myself. If there's anybody wanting to sell one or knows where I can buy one, the info. would helpful.

Thanks,
    bountychic
  14. formerly SL-1190
    Sep 19, 2008, 8:13 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #214

PAyment for the electronics on the way.
  15. Sep 19, 2008, 8:57 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #215

WOW, Cal, these look very impressive! You shipped any of these to the UK?
  16. Sep 19, 2008, 1:20 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #216

Great Googly Moogly!
    You KNOW that you're working on too darn much Zam stuff when the whole world is dressed like a grape!

17. Sep 19, 2008, 3:13 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #217

Well, the wait was trying. The blaster is amazing though. For some reason, I had always thought of this as a particularly dainty blaster. I guess the handle looking like a Gilette women's razor helped cement that impression. This thing is pretty substantial though. The paint is just a slight bit sticky, but I guess that will change soon.
    Oct 3, 2008, 7:24 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #218

WOW.....guess what I got today!!! It's sooooo fantastic Cal! Definitely worth the wait! Thanks again for all of your hard work with this project!
    Oct 4, 2008, 9:08 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #219

are there any unclaimed pieces left in your hold?

please contact me asap!!
    Oct 7, 2008, 11:49 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #220

Yep I got mine a week or so ago.... Poor kitties They run when they see it now!

Fantastic work Cal... I love it!
    Oct 8, 2008, 5:52 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #221

I would be interested in obtaining one of these too, with no electronics.
    Oct 9, 2008, 9:38 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #222

If one of the recipients of these absolutely incredible kits has an all resin blaster that they now longer require, could you please drop me a PM?

I have a friend that's starting on a Zam, and as much as these blasters are the kats meow, a solid resin one would suffice.
    Oct 14, 2008, 12:03 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #223

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I really do appreciate it because this project has turned into a huge thorn in my side and I'm anxious for it to be over.

I may have rushed the first batch a little bit so if the clear coat was a little tacky it should be fine as long as you don't hold it firmly in one position for too long and grind your finger prints into it Give it some time, prop it up on display in a nice place where it will get some air and it should finish curing and be good to go!

Here is the next batch

These are for the following:
    * Jo Lynne Navarre / zamovar
    * Mike Goobic / mgoob
    * Kathleen Skirmont / kay_dee
    * Brooke Merva / thumper

I sent you all pm's to confirm shipping so as soon as I hear back from you I will get them in the mail. Brooke, I did get your message with your address change. thanks!

I don't know if I can build any more of these blasters although I have committed to build two more.

*Benkenove = I've committed to building with electronics and am awaiting payment

* JDfett = I believe you were going to mail the barrel back to me?. John if you want I can just mail your electronics and a disc of pictures for the assembly if you like.

* Sandman = I'm planning to mail you the raw kit with a hollow handle. I took pictures of the assembly of this last batch so there should be enough info just in those pictures to show you how to do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The last 4 blasters on the list:
    I'm still waiting to hear from the following:

* Jennifer Natschow / TK2542
    * Angie Jeanfreau / SL1190
    * Tim Rudolph / rudolpht
    * Tony Machalski / ItsThatGuy

When I originally figured the price for the electronics and assembly I only charged $30 to build each blaster. After paypal it comes to about $25 for what amounts to about 5 hours of labor. I am actually losing money to build them and it's really difficult with how busy and behind we are, struggling to pay the bills etc.

I hate to say it but I don't think I can assemble these kits for you guys. I certainly would have if I would have heard back and if we would have arranged it earlier while I was planning it with the first two groups who paid for electronics but I didn't really know what I was getting into.

If you want me to build the blasters for you I may need to ask for more money. You are still getting a really good deal because I priced the aluminum barrels right at my cost as well as the electronics. If it were made professionally by a large company such as MR, the blaster would be much more than this and they would have been mass produced. The major downside is the serious delays in the project but unfortunately that comes with the territory. These are hand made and there were a lot of factors involved with the process and unforeseen delays that will probably steer me away from doing another project like this.

If you want to assemble the blaster yourself, you can still get the electronics. You can either get them from me or directly from hyperdyne. The price is $110 for the electronics kit. If you order them before I ship your blaster kit then the shipping is included with what you already paid. If you order it later or from hyperdyne you will need to pay for the 4% paypal fee and shipping.

While assembling this last batch of blasters I took many photos of the process and I will include a disc with all the photos so you can figure out how to assemble the blaster yourself.

* Jennifer Natschow / TK2542
    * Angie Jeanfreau / SL1190
    * Tim Rudolph / rudolpht
    * Tony Machalski / ItsThatGuy

Please let me know what you want to do and also verify your current shipping address.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again everyone for the patience throughout this project. I can't thank you enough for not pestering me and attacking me like a lot of people would and ... even if you had I wouldn't blame you. This has taken way too long!!
    Last edited by MonCal; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:17 PM.
  24. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Oct 14, 2008, 7:23 PM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #224

YAY! Looks great! *prints copy of photo for Zam album*
    Thanks a bunch, Cal, fantastic work! :thumbup
    Zamovar
    Oct 15, 2008, 11:16 AM - Re: interest in an aluminum blaster #225

Wow! They look so good. Thanks again for all your hard work. I can't wait!!