Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

interest in an aluminum blaster

Re: interest in an aluminum blaster

I'm glad you guys received your handles o.k.!

As for an update... I don't really have one yet. I was hoping the CNC shop would have a test barrel ready for me to look over before I head out for CIV and give them the go ahead or what changes to make.

As soon as it's ready I will take the first finished barrel to hyperdyne and we'll start designing the electronics. Unfortunately with the CNC shop being slow, CIV, and giving Hyperdyne time to design and then put in orders for circuit boards etc. It isn't going to happen too quickly but I promise I'll stay on top of it and post updates as I can.

thanks

I hope you enjoyed C4. I didn't get to meet you.

Has the machinist completed the test barrel to your satisfaction?

Sorry gang I'm just now getting back in gear after CIV, pulling my wisdom teeth, and a bunch of water damage in our house.

I bet if I would've been here the whole time I would have been able to get the blaster project moving but after I got back from CIV my machinist left me a message to check the prototype barrel but when i called back he had already left for vacation and is supposed to be back either tomorrow or monday so I haven't been able to connect with him but I will post something as soon as I can.

thanks for your patience and I do apologize. I knew this was going to be a slow project.

From
    Escondido, CA

No hurries.
    There's been a dely in getting my costume done.
    I'm going to work on anything that doesn't need to "fit" as in clothes (I'm going to be making you a very busy man here soon )

From
    Marana, Arizona

not a problem...i still have your resin one for backup!

From
    Ohio

Not a problem for me, either. Heck, I haven't even started putting Zam together yet -- just accumulating bits and pieces over the last.... couple of years. Yeah, Zam is a very long-term project for me!

From
    High Peak, England

Are there still some spare ones of these going?

There could be. I'll have to check the list again and I'll let y'all know once I get them all from the machinist

Any updates? Thanks. I'm eager to hear something including pricing from hyperdine. I'm more eager to hold it though.

I know what you mean. I'm eager to get one too I met with hyperdyne last weekend but I didn't have anything to really show him so we couldn't really work on the electronics designs yet without the barrel.

I need to bug my machinist again. I thought he had a prototype barrel kit for me to look at but he hasn't called me back since last week. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what's up.

I've updated the first post ... finally an update!!

From
    Escondido, CA

Yeah for blaster kit progress!

A couple of the people on the list have dropped off so I will have 2 extra blaster spots open. If you're interested please send me a pm. I had thought I could cover the cost of the extra barrels but I may need the extra payments afterall to pay the machinist for the run.

Finally.... some real progress.

I have my prototype hollow handle ready for Hyperdyne to work with so I'll try to meet up with him soon. The barrel shown is the test proof that they gave me to experiment with. The rest of them will be polished and finished off better.

They are actually ready for me to pick up but I haven't had the extra money to cover the people who dropped off the list like I thought I would.

So if you're on the list and haven't paid I could certainly use it and if anyone wants one of the extras let me know.

thanks

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

2 people dropped off the list?

Did you put a notice up in the cargo hold? RPF? Any other lists you can think of? Are there centralized 501st boards you can post it up in? I don't know anyone locally except me making a Zam... I'll see if I can find anyone else... Get the word out.

From
    Marana, Arizona

whats the machinist going to do if you dont have the whole amount....can he let most of them go and bill for the remaining later? i would think he would understand that it wasnt your fault that you lost a couple after placing the order... they look great btw..

You're getting some more interest at the RPF. I bet Markus is good for one of those remaining blasters.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Those look great! You never cease to amaze me MonCal.

From
    Novi, MI

Pm sent about taking one of the open spots.

I'm starting to get worried.

I've pm'd and emailed. No response.

He's got plenty of interest for the remaining spots.

I just want to be reassured everything is ok. Absences make me nervous.

From
    Richmond, VA

wuher da brewer said: View Post
    I'm starting to get worried.

I've pm'd and emailed. No response.

He's got plenty of interest for the remaining spots.

I just want to be reassured everything is ok. Absences make me nervous.
    I just got an e-mail from him a couple of days ago. He normally only gets to his e-mails once a week. So just give him time.

With his house situation (house hunting and moving sucks as it is) and him still working on props daily can be a little stressful. I do know one thing though, Cal is a man of his word and always pulls through.

These just tend to be a little more tricky. He has to wait on someone else to finish them (maching them), after that he has to get with Hyperdyne to work on getting electronics fitted in them. On top of that some people dropped off the list and that was money out of Cal's pocket.

I know one thing, these blasters are going to be sweet once they are finished!

Patience guys... patience... Sometimes these kind of delays happen... Life goes first, so, let's just wait a little.

Dont press too much to Cal, he is having some bad days...

I wish you the best Cal...

From
    Marana, Arizona

yes have faith...he is definatley a man of his word and works hard to make everyone happy....i can attest as well as i have picked up a lot of stuff, both zam related as well as a scout armor kit from him and everything not only made it to my home...it was fantastic stuff...good things come to those who wait and he is having a tough go of it at the moment...no worries...ive got a blaster, gauntlets and a greeb paid for and i know he will take care of me as soon as he can!

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

Yes.. I've bought stuff from Cal before and have always been more than happy with the the results. I know he will come through on this! He's got his plate full with real-life issues (and I think we all know how hard that can be...) so just be patient. I know the blasters will be sweet when we get them!

From
    Marana, Arizona

anyone hear from moncal yet? curious on the progress with this and how he is doing?