Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 4, 2002, 12:04 AM - Costume Parts list? #1

Hi, I am a new member. My name is Trent and I am a member of the 501st Legion. My number is TK-778. My wife is FINALLY getting into this and is really excited to piece together a Zam costume. We are in no hurry because making it is half the fun. I am doing lots of research on Zam's costume and wanted to know if someone here who has built a costume or knows a lot about it could give me a run down on all the different pieces so I know what all I need to make/buy. Also, I'm trying to find which pieces can be bought and which ones need to be made, also which people may have already made copies and can sell some of the more difficult pieces to make. Any links to really good reference pics would also be appreciated.
    Thanks a Lot!
    Trent
    TK-778
    Sep 4, 2002, 9:17 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #2

Welcome...

if you poke around this forum - you should be able to find most of your answers.

As for a list... hmm... ya just have to look at the pix
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Sep 4, 2002, 11:36 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #3

Just becarful where you poke some of us are ticklish

Bear
    Sep 5, 2002, 1:16 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #4

Welcome Trent.

Kim and I have posted alot of our progress and finished pics in various threads around here. We'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have about anything that we have done.

Most of everything we learned in building this costume came from the good folks here too! Lots of good resources.

Kim is a little more knowledgable about the costume than me. I just concentrated on the weapons she just started teaching this semester though, so give her a a few days to get back to you. She's pretty swamped.

-cris
  5. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 5, 2002, 6:06 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #5

Kimncris is right on the good resources being here. Everyone I have spoke with has been most helpful. I just recommedn you pick a part yu with to start on and ask questions as nessary or start makeing your parts. From what I know there are really few things you can right now get for Zam and all of it is really custom done.
  6. JediNitess
    Sep 5, 2002, 12:34 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #6

Hey Trent, welcome to the boards. Poke around on here and you'll see Paul has a few things up you can get from him already made.
    The broach and hte hose connectors. I've got the broach and will be ordering the hose connectors soon, but the broach is awesome!

Have fun with it!

~ Kat
    Sep 16, 2002, 10:20 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #7

I made a parts list, hope this helps some of ya'll. I think I only have 2 checked off I hope I can get it done for holloween.

Parts List:

Helmet Armatures, Ear Covers, Binocs, leather bill, insignia on helmet and dome itself
    Veil red silky interior, lavender suede exterior
    Hood- lavender suede
    Broach - (with insignia
    Gloves
    Gauntlets 2 sets of finger guards, 2 cuffs (2nd cuff with leather like overlay)
    Blaster Metal upper, metal trigger, handle
    Vest Leather laces, 9 eyeholes (white seam)
    Chestplate Sintra?
    Silver Hose connecter cross like , 2 black hoses with 2-four pronged circular connectors
    Belt Leather cumberbunlike with 4 Ribs and 2 sets of 4 black metal hooks with leather l laces
    Stomach Plate
    Concave Metal waist attachment includes 2 pear/moon shaped pieces
    Gun holster leather
    5 metal Rock like ornaments 3 on the belt, 1 double laced armband, 1leather leg belt
    tied
    Leather Skirt 132 square pieces?, Enough lace to tie the whole thing
    Body suit Laventder with 2 tails and extra seams (inner leg, etc) Neoprene?
    2 shingaurds with metal ankle covers
    2 shoes black or borwn soles and elather like trim, purple upper
    2 metal toe guards with toe spikes

8. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 17, 2002, 6:09 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #8

That is a pretty complete list. I am working on a few things on it my self. right now I think I can say I really have gotten only 5 or 6 of the items checked and a few not complete.
    Sep 17, 2002, 8:07 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #9

Actually, I forgot to put the chain of beads on there

I got those- easy to find, Got a loooong string from christmas tree decorations

10. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 17, 2002, 3:47 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #10

I have been stringing toughter my own beads out of Hemktye and Ithink I may start offering these to the Board as they are the closest damned thing I have foudn to what was used. BTW only down side is the length I am useing makes them weight about 2 to 5 lbs.
    Sep 17, 2002, 7:43 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #11

Regresen,
    Sorry to tell you, but...the christmas beads for the tree I got from Ames (like a walmart) and they are only one silver metal shade lighter and they only cost $1.50 and very long. Mamy stores are getting their christmas stuff out now. I know I would rather not have to carry something heavy since the suit would be definately hot and sweaty as it is. Thanks for the offer on my part though.

12. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 17, 2002, 9:08 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #12

No Offense Taken at all. I am a stickler for detail. Since my Zam is more than likely goign to spend all its time on a Maniqune much like DCB's I will be trying to be a prefectionist on the entire Zam. Now I may put it on for a Costume Contest for Dragon Con in the future, but the plans do not exist as I have a hard time seeing me a guy as Zam
    Sep 17, 2002, 11:33 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #13

Ragresen,
    Just have a latex Clawdite mask made
  14. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 18, 2002, 6:08 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #14

Why? Zam is a Calwdite and because of that a shape shifter. Who says she does not take on a male form anytime?
    Sep 18, 2002, 8:31 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #15

Hermaphrodite Zam? Whoa! Ya know, the guy characters have most of the costumes...leave some for us girls! Heheh j/k. By the way, the vest still has to hold some mangos in the chest area. You have a long time to go for Dragon Con. That's cool. Where do you live, Maybe I can be a model for ya! well...I don't know if we can make it to the con. I am hoping to get most of the stuff done by holloween. I want to be as detailed as I can, but pratical, cause I would probably be wearing it often for the 501. Once I take some pics and put up a link of what I have, I would love some zam critiquing.
  16. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 18, 2002, 4:25 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #16

laughs

Well as far as I know so far I am not sure what will end up with my Zam besides sitting on a maniqune.
  17. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Sep 19, 2002, 1:23 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #17

Ragresen wrote:I have been stringing toughter my own beads out of Hemktye and Ithink I may start offering these to the Board as they are the closest damned thing I have foudn to what was used.
    I may be interested. See how how next January.
    Sep 20, 2002, 11:23 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #18

Thanks for the parts list zam i am... it's a nice help to those of us just getting started!

After helping/handling some 501st friends at SWC2 and D*C - I've caught the costuming bug. Since Zam is the only one that has ever really appealed to me (No - I will not do Slave Leia ) I thought I might as well get started now and hopefully have something together by D*C next year.

Now... to continue perusing the boards for more hints and info!
    Sep 21, 2002, 12:00 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #19

The part list made me think of what Zam is wearing under all this stuff. Do you think it is a thong or granny pants....or maybe comando? :evil
  20. Member Since
    May 2002
    Sep 21, 2002, 8:41 AM - Re: Costume Parts list? #20

At this Rate we may just have enough Zams present to Rival the boaba and Jangos running about. Who knows if all the People here show up at D*C then we may even be able to rival the scout troopers.
    Sep 21, 2002, 1:05 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #21

Well... someone has to keep them in line!
  22. zamgirl
    Nov 8, 2002, 6:58 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #22

did you make all this stuff? or did you but some parts put together? any helpful links besides the zam wesell.com for us people trying to make them
  23. zamgirl
    Nov 8, 2002, 7:02 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #23

501st NEG Garrison here Hi Trent!

IC 0322
    Nov 8, 2002, 10:10 PM - Re: Costume Parts list? #24

I didn't make all this stuff, but, it's just a list of stuff that you will have to make or buy. I have the 5 greeblies (3belt,1 arm,1 leg) in progress. I hope to make casts for people. Hopefully they will be done soon but they are a work in progress. But, for everything else, if you read all the posts, you will see who is working on what, and if you donate to http://www.zam-wesell.com, dcb will give you an awesome cd to reference off of the real costume in Austrailia. If you read all the posts on the site, you will probably gain most of the knowledge you need to build everything from scratch or which people to ask what they have, or will make. BTW, I hope to join the carida garrison, once I have finished the costume Man, that will be a long time comming...
    Sep 14, 2003, 11:05 PM - Merged: Things still needed: #25

Things not yet found or made:

HOSES- center respirator and helm
    The thing on the ear part of the helm that looks like a metal piece shaped like an A
    perfect boots

Anything else to add?

I know i haven't found the perfect colored pig suede either. But oh well... suede cloth will do.