Brim Issues

From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Brim Issues

Ok, so I have a rather old pull of a helmet that I'm going to use, but I'm having a heck of a hard time getting a pattern for the brim. I have the basic shape, but when I pull the cardboard pattern down over the helmet, it warps the brim and it just doesn't sit properly.

I'm guessing that I will have to stretch the brim leather to get the right shape a bit? Does anyone have experience with this?

From
    Lincoln, NE

Re: Brim Issues

I had to stretch it a bit. It does need to drop down on the back side significantly - its not like a straight hat brim.

I made one that fit tight and used a thick layer of epoxy underneath to attach it. I did the front side so the angle was right, let it dry, adjusted the sides and did those, let it dry, and then did the back.

From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hm. I'll give that a go. My significant other finessed my brim pattern so it's sitting on the helmet a bit better. It's also made of fun foam - even though it's lighter than the leather I have, it's closer in behaviour than the card stock was. I think I may make the inner hole slightly smaller than the pattern but soak the leather so I can stretch it and form it.

From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ok,so I soaked the leather in lukewarm water and it seems to be sitting perfectly. Once I get the ears glued in and the helmet painted, I will affix the brim and weather it. So far I'm happy with how it looks.

You can get a preview of Hans Zimmer's original motion picture soundtrack . I have enough armor costumes and have all the fun so she wants us to build her .

The 101-01 dumps study pack includes Isaca and Duke University practice exam so you will pass real exam on first try. For more details visit now wikipedia best wishes.
    Last edited by erum; 1 Week Ago at 6:55 AM.