Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Zoltan Tyrell. Jango Finished

  1. #26

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Sweet keep them coming, i got all my stuff coming from cruzer to so these pics have got me super excited!!!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Member Since
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #27
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Szlemm said: View Post
    Sweet keep them coming, i got all my stuff coming from cruzer to so these pics have got me super excited!!!
    Good choice id say. The man is great to deal with.

  4. #28
    formerly TampaFett GRINCH's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    From
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    557

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Can u tell me Zoltan Tyrell is your armor CC or actual metal? From the first pics that u posted it is hard to tell. If CC, how did u achieve this look? Looking forward to seeing it completed.

  5. #29
    Commander720's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    From
    Phoenix, Arizona (Valley of the Sun!)
    Posts
    534

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Looking really good. Most impressive as Darth Vader would say.

  6. #30
    Mandalorian Guard's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    From
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    950

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Looks nice stuff there!

    Cruzer and Seekers leather stuff are cool!

    Did Cruzer spraypaint your helmet? I be interested on how you fit your parts together on your flightsuit! Nice Work!!

  7. #31
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    TampaFett said: View Post
    Can u tell me Zoltan Tyrell is your armor CC or actual metal? From the first pics that u posted it is hard to tell. If CC, how did u achieve this look? Looking forward to seeing it completed.
    Sure. Its CC. Do you mean its difficult to tell because of the weathering or because the lighting is strange?

    If the weathering, i used humbrol enamel orange and a little satin black acrylic.
    Just used steel wool grade 0000 from start to finish. Nothing else to sand/polish it.

  8. #32
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Mandalorian Guard said: View Post
    Looks nice stuff there!

    Cruzer and Seekers leather stuff are cool!

    Did Cruzer spraypaint your helmet? I be interested on how you fit your parts together on your flightsuit! Nice Work!!
    Yup, Cruzer painted my lid. There was no way id do it.
    Id be interested to know how im to fit the parts to it as well.

  9. #33
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Evening. Not much to add really as im still sorting the gauntlets. Ive still got stuff to do on them but ill post what stage they are at anyway.
    Still waiting for the bits off bobamaker so until then its just the gaunts.






  10. #34
    Verbal21's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    550

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    real awesome pieces you got there. I'm practically drooling at all your pics

  11. #35

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Sweet keep them coming, these are really going to be helpfull when my cruzer armor arrives

  12. #36
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Bit of an update. Finished weathering the lid.












  13. #37
    Mandalorian Guard's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    From
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    950

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Nice work! Looks like your Jango be done in no time this rate!

  14. #38
    Jango 425's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    459

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Very Very nice

  15. #39
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Its that "where do i get a girth belt from" thing.

  16. #40
    darthgaul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    From
    Portland, OR, USA
    Posts
    18

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Thats a beautiful set of armor you've got going!

  17. #41
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Only a small update here. Got the Flightsuit from Bobamaker and also the Jacket.
    Managed to get a set of MR westars for a good price. These will serve me well for cirtain troops and use the Hyperfirm cruzer ones for others.

    Started putting the armor on and ran out of snaps.

    Oh and thanks Cruzer, got the gauntlets sorted.







  18. #42
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Another little update. Got all but Jetpack and Girth belt laid out now.
    When the rest arrive(including more snaps) I can build.







  19. #43
    Mandalorian Guard's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    From
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    950

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Nice work! Have you attached your armour to your flightsuit yet?

  20. #44
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Central, Ca
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    In regards to the armor/ vest attachment. If you CA glue your snaps on the back of your armor first. Put a little rub-n-buff on the snaps you can place the armor on the vest and see the little cirles where you need to puch the holes. I recommend wearing the vest, or at least put a pillow in it before you mark your vest for holes. The armor will sit different on the vest while wearing it than it does when it's flat. I did mine while I wore it, in a mirror.

  21. #45
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Mandalorian Guard said: View Post
    Nice work! Have you attached your armour to your flightsuit yet?
    Not don this yet. Waiting till ive done the jacket armour first. Need the belt though.

  22. #46
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Jango 5204 said: View Post
    In regards to the armor/ vest attachment. If you CA glue your snaps on the back of your armor first. Put a little rub-n-buff on the snaps you can place the armor on the vest and see the little cirles where you need to puch the holes. I recommend wearing the vest, or at least put a pillow in it before you mark your vest for holes. The armor will sit different on the vest while wearing it than it does when it's flat. I did mine while I wore it, in a mirror.
    Indeed. Thats how ill be doing it. Exactly how ill be doing it.
    Ill certainly be asking how to do things when i start.

  23. #47
    formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    From
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Nick, looking very good buddy, that is a nice Jango set up. I guess you will be needing this very soon then buddy.

    and this to hold it on


    I have worked out the lower clip, which is removable if you don't want to use it.

    The anchor points have been installed inside to mount the other side of the clips. I just need to give it a final black wash to soften any recessed areas, mount the greeblies and then cut the holes for the harness. Will be with you before the week is out


  24. #48
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    oooohhh yes! Fantastic work there. Love the weathering. The harness looks really professional.

  25. #49
    formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    From
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Zoltan Tyrell said: View Post
    oooohhh yes! Fantastic work there. Love the weathering. The harness looks really professional.
    You sound surprised

    The harness, all in black does have seem to have a harder edge than the Boba one, even though they share the same design principals.

    Nick, can you give me your approx build/waist/girth I will then cut the straps to the appropriate length. PM if you don't want to post it and them jeans you have had for ages may be 32...........

    Rob.

  26. #50
    Zoltan Tyrell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    From
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starting my Jango and saying hello

    Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    You sound surprised

    The harness, all in black does have seem to have a harder edge than the Boba one, even though they share the same design principals.

    Nick, can you give me your approx build/waist/girth I will then cut the straps to the appropriate length. PM if you don't want to post it and them jeans you have had for ages may be 32...........

    Rob.

    Surprised? Not a chance. Excited.
    Right then. 5' 11", Waist, these days, is 36" in UK jeans but 34" in US jeans 41" chest. Oh for the love of exercise

Similar Threads

  1. My Jango progress- FINISHED!!
    By DarthMiller in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Oct 19, 2009, 9:56 PM
  2. Zoltan Tyrell's Jango Jetpack
    By Bobby Fett UK in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Sep 6, 2009, 3:58 PM
  3. Showoff: Finished Jango Fett V1
    By runJEDIrun in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 6:38 PM
  4. UK Arena Jango - Finished
    By Spacescopie in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2008, 9:09 PM
  5. Seeker\'s Finished Jango!! 8-8-04
    By SEEKER in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2004, 7:21 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •