WIP: 1st attempt Jango Fett v0.5

From
    Louisville, KY

WIP: 1st attempt Jango Fett v0.5

I just wanted to share some photos from this past Friday. We had a Halloween Street Parade here in Louisville and my wife (the Spider Fairy) and I dressed up to attend. I basically threw this together at the last minute though. I had an unmodified flightsuit (still need to see if I can lighten it somehow) and parts of Jango armor (I didn't have time to use everything because we were already running late). The helmet is the cheap Rubies 2-piece (I have a Don Post to mod, but it had a crack in the back which I could not repair in time) and the Ammo Belt is homemade from surplus Russian Grenade pouches which I dyed brown. I did not have a proper Jango vest so I took a leather Biker vest and wore it backwards (cutting a larger neck hole) and attached the armor to that. I didn't have real Gauntlets either so I had to settle for my Predator gauntlets (I just removed the blades). This is only my first attempt at a Jango costume (no professional supplies, just Rubies and other scrounged parts I found).
    Here's the link to the album: http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Jango%20Fett/

From
    OH

Re: WIP: 1st attempt Jango Fett v0.5

Hey there... obviously it isn't screen accurate or 501st standard, but for a last minute not spending too much, not too bad... Let's put it this way, I would recognize it as Jango if I saw you out somewhere.

From
    California, US

nice man! time to start v2!

From
    Louisville, KY

Katua Fett said: View Post
    nice man! time to start v2!
    well, I called it 0.5 because it's only HALF a costume now. I have knee armor that didn't get used, couldn't find my center diamond, and am missing back armor of any type but am planning on using a homemade arena jet pack based on a toy shuttle: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=5475&e=featured It's going to get the cockpits filled and body repainted of course.

Once I dye my flightsuit properly, add some hoses and a dart launcher to the gauntlets, etc it will look much better! I've never really wanted "screen accurate" (would be too expensive!) I prefer costumes that can be cheaply made but still capture the spirit of the character. At least it's an improvement over Rubies' "Fett Pajamas!" hehe

From
    California, US

Nice man! That turbo shuttle would make an awesome pack once modified! and its all about the spirt!

From
    OH

lol, Fett Pajamas, yes, this is true... like I said, I WOULD recognize you as Jango (and better than Rubies), so it accomplished what you wanted... and most definetely digging the enthuziasm you have for the costume!

And that would make a cool jet pack... I would also suggest doing a custom Mando costume, then you can have a lot more creative freedom.