Subscribe
    Aug 21, 2005, 8:47 PM - wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #1

Hello, i am wondering, wich one is the best way to close the gauntlets?
    I know most people use velcro, but i dont like it because with the time, it becomes exhausted.
    Any solution?

thanks!
    Aug 21, 2005, 9:49 PM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #2

My gauntlets don't close. I haev foam inside and I have to slide them on. I'm not so sure that this is the best solution though. Goodluck!
    Aug 21, 2005, 10:53 PM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #3

What do you mean it benig exhausted? I use velcro never had a problem but I guess it depends on what there made of.
    Aug 22, 2005, 6:04 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #4

Thanks for the answer anakin!

cal196... Iīll try to expalin it...
    For example, ive got a Nokia case for my movile phone whic closes with velcro. The case doesnīt close yet. Te velcro has been to used as to be closed and now I cannot close it.
    Thatīs what I mean.
    I fear that with the time, ill canīt close the gauntlets
    Aug 22, 2005, 6:25 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #5

OH well dont worry, the super duper velcro from wal-mart will never wear. It is rough though its not generic grade velcro. I have some of it on my towel door in the bathroom and it hasnt worn out in 2 years of almost everyday use.
    Aug 22, 2005, 7:31 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #6

Another way to keep your Gauntlets tight is to do what they did for the Movie, use a pin closure system. An easy way to make one is with some strip-hinge, like the one seen joining Jango's Gauntlet-halves. Place the hinge inside the closed Gauntlet & glue the hinges one to each Gauntlet side. Remove the hinge's center rod & replace it with a threaded rod. Place a nut for the threaded rod at the wrist end of your closure system. I could go on, but you probably get the idea.
    Cheers Jono!
    Aug 22, 2005, 8:05 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #7

Ok guys, thanks for your answers! They will be very useful
    Aug 22, 2005, 10:38 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #8

how about using some rare earth magnets? Ya know, the REALLY strong ones.
    Aug 22, 2005, 11:05 AM - Re: wich one is the best way to close a gauntlet? #9

Quote SWFreak said:
    how about using some rare earth magnets? Ya know, the REALLY strong ones.
    Man, thats a interesting idea. Never thought about that. Now iīve already atached velcro to my gauntlets, but someone could try that