Where do I get Jango Gauntlets?

Where do I get Jango Gauntlets?

Like the title says.
    Where can I get me a reasonably priced set of gauntlets?
    They're for a custom, not Jango and theyt're gonna be modded, so I'm looking more at price than screen accuracy.

Thanks

From
    O'Fallon, Illinois the STL

Re: Where do I get Jango Gauntlets?

MoW or FP, correct? shoot those guys a PM.

I would go with a set from Ruffkin or find some from "bllodsport studios" on ebay.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

Do not buy from bloodsportstudios. Many members have had bad experiences with them, and their products are just plain . I think they're recasted too.

From

yes, I've heard they recast ruffkintoy's.

OK then nevermind about bloodsport. Go with ruffkin My firt set was from him! Now i am working on a modified fiberglass set from ASOK

-Chris

Hmmm, I always got the impression that those guys you mentioned (with the exception of BSS from what i've read elsewhere) were top quality works.
    I'd hate to pay for top quality work when I'm gonna butcher it for a custom.
    That's why I said price over accuracy.
    I'm loath to buy from BSS if he's a recaster though.

I'll PM the guys you mentioned .. just as soon as I work out who FP, and MoW are.
    Thanks.

***Please do not post names of dealers withou their permission. Thank you.
    Last edited by Star Wars Chick; Jul 31, 2006 at 11:10 AM.

thanks dude.

Nocturne said:
    I'd hate to pay for top quality work when I'm gonna butcher it for a custom.
    That's why I said price over accuracy.

Thanks.
    If you decide you want top quality try MOW or FP, otherwise stick with RT, it meets your critiera.

From

Bluewolf said:
    If you decide you want top quality try MOW or FP, otherwise stick with RT, it meets your critiera.
    ouch, i'd say they are all pretty much equal, and RT does boba gauntlets anyway. MoW and FP do both, correct?

From
    Indiana

There is a set of MOW in the Cargo Hold now.

YeahI saw the MoW ones, but that's about three times my budget.
    I'm not spending $300 on a pair of guants I'm gonna brutalize...
    However I think I've found a cheap 2nd hand set.
    Thanks for all your help tho guys.

From
    Orlando, Florida

I think what Bluewolf ment by saying to go with RT was that his price is far more inexpensive, not that his quality is of less calibur. RT or whatever you may have found sounds right up your alley. Goodluck Nocturne!

**DISCLAIMER** This is just my Opinion, and you know what that is worth.

I'm confused, if the perception is that RT's gauntlets are just as good as MOW or FP, why would anyone pay the price for MOW or FP's? I own a set of RT gauntlets and they remain in the box as I await to spend more money on what I hope to be a better set. Sorry if I offend anyone, but the RT gauntlets did not live up to my expectations. I would be ashamed of myself if I lead anyone else to believe RT's were just as good as MOW or FP.

Again I am sorry if I offend anyone with this statement, it is not my intention, honesty is.

I think the guys here were looking at my requirements and coming to conclusion that for my budget and needs, the RTs were better for me than a MoW or FP pair.

From
    Sherwood Park, AB, Canada

I took a set of RT's and modded them into Jango's (as best as I could).

dif in price also has to do with MOW's are fiberglass, and Fp's might be as well.. having a mental lapse here.. but as noted above they do specific Jango gauntlets. The left gaunt is easy to mod and add new flame thrower, but the left front portion is a slightly different shape.
    Hopefully that made sense.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

PM Sent ... I may be able to help you.

From

Bluewolf said:
    **DISCLAIMER** This is just my Opinion, and you know what that is worth.

I'm confused, if the perception is that RT's gauntlets are just as good as MOW or FP, why would anyone pay the price for MOW or FP's? I own a set of RT gauntlets and they remain in the box as I await to spend more money on what I hope to be a better set. Sorry if I offend anyone, but the RT gauntlets did not live up to my expectations. I would be ashamed of myself if I lead anyone else to believe RT's were just as good as MOW or FP.

Again I am sorry if I offend anyone with this statement, it is not my intention, honesty is.
    ok, if RT's were not any good, why would people continue to buy them? I have a set of RT's and they excellent. and have you owned a set of FP or MOW? if not how can you say that RT's work is any less calibur when you have not handled any other suppliers work?

this is my opinion on your opinion. no offense meant here.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

I have a set of RT's gauntlets and the only thing I don't like about them is the way I connected the shells.

RT come in a completely unassembled kit form, and they are vacc'ed. MoW gauntlets come assembled, primed, and ready to paint, and they are fiberglass. That is one explanation for the price difference.

I can't say anything about FP gauntlets because I don't know too much about his work.

Hammer of Might said:
    ok, if RT's were not any good, why would people continue to buy them? I have a set of RT's and they excellent. and have you owned a set of FP or MOW? if not how can you say that RT's work is any less calibur when you have not handled any other suppliers work?

this is my opinion on your opinion. no offense meant here.
    I'm sorry did I say there "were not any good"? I said I was disapointed in them. I think Fiberglass is a higher caliber than styrene. No I don't own MOW or FP, but I am on the waiting list.

Feel free to look at the pictures of my RT guantlets, where you can clearly see soft details, pools of styrene and runs. There was even fabric texture imprinted on the styrene. They are back packed in the box they came in.

http://www.johnpalmeri.com/Jango/Ruffkin_gauntlets/

From

Bluewolf said:
    I'm sorry did I say there "were not any good"? I said I was disapointed in them. I think Fiberglass is a higher caliber than styrene. No I don't own MOW or FP, but I am on the waiting list.

Feel free to look at the pictures of my RT guantlets, where you can clearly see soft details, pools of styrene and runs. There was even fabric texture imprinted on the styrene. They are back packed in the box they came in.

http://www.johnpalmeri.com/Jango/Ruffkin_gauntlets/
    well okay, no offense meant man. you have your opinion and I have mine.

From
    Porterville, California

Different strokes for different folks...and wallet sizes that is!

There are so many personal preferences to consider when shopping for gauntlets. But I think it is difficult to compare vac formed gauntlets to fiberglass ones to resin ones. And each mediums have their equal shares of pros and cons.

Cruzer

From

Cruzer said:

There are so many personal preferences to consider when shopping for gauntlets. But I think it is difficult to compare vac formed gauntlets to fiberglass ones to resin ones. And each mediums have their equal shares of pros and cons.
    well, you can compare detail, which should be similiar with each version, right?