Subscribe
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:18 PM - Whats the difference #1

Between Jango and Boba's rotj Gauntlets beside the dart is there any major differences?
  2. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:27 PM - Re: Whats the difference #2

i dont costume as eiither but, aside from the darts, the most glaring difference to me is the length of the flamethrower on the left gauntlet. rotj boba's is several inches longer.
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:32 PM - Re: Whats the difference #3

Jango's are overall a little smaller. Jango's gauntlet does not have the calc pad. Both of Jango's gauntlets are sharper in detail than Boba's. Jango has two holes in the front of the right gauntlet for the kamino saberdarts. As mentioned, the Jango flamethrower is shorter but fatter than Boba's. Those are the main differences I can think of off the top of my head. There are some other differences and there are also differences in the hardware.
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:30 AM - Re: Whats the difference #4

Is rotj passable?
    Jun 18, 2009, 1:13 AM - Re: Whats the difference #5

If you mod them. Unmodded is unacceptable IMO.
  6. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 18, 2009, 6:38 AM - Re: Whats the difference #6

Would you use a Boba Ab. plate for Jango? Then don't do that with gauntlets
    Jun 18, 2009, 8:35 AM - Re: Whats the difference #7

I too was going to venture down the avenue of altering Boba ROTJ gauntlets, I say just wait and see if any pop up in the cargo hold, or on the Mercs site, there is contact info for Bradley Fett, he has a very affordable Jango vacformed set that isn't too shabby and doesn't really require altering.
  8. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 18, 2009, 8:44 AM - Re: Whats the difference #8

I think the best you could go is Cruzer's Not only the most accurate gauntlets available but he also supplies with all you need.
    Jun 18, 2009, 9:38 AM - Re: Whats the difference #9

Oh yeas Cruzer are the best armor and gauntlets parts!!!
    thant's the right way
    good luck
    Jun 18, 2009, 11:21 AM - Re: Whats the difference #10

yes, I too agree... if you can swing it, Cruzers are the best.
  11. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 18, 2009, 11:53 AM - Re: Whats the difference #11

I think you won't regret saving $ a few months. I would save a few $ and buy Cruzer's.
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:09 PM - Re: Whats the difference #12

It is possible to modify Boba RoTJ gauntlets to Jangos, but it'll be a ton of work and you'll never be able to acheive the sharp edge details.

I used the WoF Boba templates to make my Jango gauntlets, and then modified them. Aside from the obvious differences, there are many subtle differences between the two sets of gauntlets. And for the record, jangos flame thrower box is not fatter than the Boba one. It's the same over all width, and has a cut in section at the front which is actually narrower than the boba version.
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:14 PM - Re: Whats the difference #13

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    And for the record, jangos flame thrower box is not fatter than the Boba one. It's the same over all width, and has a cut in section at the front which is actually narrower than the boba version.
    I disagree.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...geViewsIndex=1
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:36 PM - Re: Whats the difference #14

I appreciate all the info. Thanks for pointing the difs out. I already forked out some cash for an ASOK lid, and since rotjs are more readily available I will probaly try to mod them but we'll see.
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:39 PM - Re: Whats the difference #15

Nice pic fox. I guess there is alot of things different. *rethinks previous comment*
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:52 PM - Re: Whats the difference #16

I do think it can be done, as I believe they used the Boba gauntlets as a starting point to create the Jango gauntlets for the movie. If you got some Boba ROTJ gauntlets, I would first start by cutting off the calc pad on the left gauntlet. Next, I would reinforce both gauntlets with fiberglass on the underside. Then, I would cut off the black button on top of the right gauntlet. After that, I would begin sanding both gauntlets to sharpen the edges. That's the reason for the reinforced fiberglass. You could sharpen the edges. Next, I would scratch build a new flamethrower box. I would add the cuts/holes in the front of the right gauntlet for the two kamino saber darts. After that was all done and I was happy with the sharp lines and mods, I would paint and assemble them and attach the correct Jango-style greeblies.

If you watch the "Bucket Head" making of Ep2 video you can see Jango's armor started out as Boba armor, including his gauntlets.
    Jun 18, 2009, 12:53 PM - Re: Whats the difference #17

off topic, but you will love the Asok lid... I was almost too scared to paint mine because it was so pretty.

And Fox, that was great advice for anyone wanting to convert Boba to Jango... I would make a thread tutorial on that so new Fetts can read and see the work that would go into converting a pair.
    Jun 18, 2009, 1:42 PM - Re: Whats the difference #18

Fox: I can get access to rotj so maybe I will mod them. I'm going to have to pick your brain later.

TLobe00: I'm excited and nervous at the time. I want to do it justice. I should get it next week.
    Jun 18, 2009, 2:52 PM - Re: Whats the difference #19

Fox, I can see where you'd think that the flamer box is a different size, but it's all in the angle of the pic you posted the link to. They are indeed the same width and height.

When I began my quest to build my Jango, I started by comparing all of Bobas gear to Jangos. The main reason for this was I wanted to know if I could simply convert one to the other, due to the readily available Boba parts in comparison to Jango parts... which were far more difficult to come by at the time. So I know full well all of the subtle differences between Jango and Boba, from the sharper lines on his gauntlets to the 5mm height difference in the helmet domes.

So yes, you can indeed convert a set of Boba RoTJ gauntlets to Jangos as Fox has stated. The best part is that when it comes time to alter the flame thrower box, aside from shortening it, you'll only have to scratch build the front portion that houses the flamer tips ( talk to Cruzer about the flamer tips ).
    Jun 18, 2009, 2:54 PM - Re: Whats the difference #20

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It's not just that one picture. I truly believe you need to scratch build a completely different flamethrow box, that is slightly wider than the Boba box.
    Jun 18, 2009, 4:25 PM - Re: Whats the difference #21

mmmmmm I wonder where you are going with this??????
    Jun 18, 2009, 7:12 PM - Re: Whats the difference #22

Let's just simply agree to not agree.

As for my flamer box, I thank you for your concern but I'll be keeping it just the way it is.
    Last edited by Jango72; Jun 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM.
    Jun 18, 2009, 8:05 PM - Re: Whats the difference #23

I wasn't saying you personally need to scratch build a new box, just that a person converting a set of ROTJ gauntlets should scratch build a new flamethrower box.
  24. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Jun 18, 2009, 8:24 PM - Re: Whats the difference #24

Good question. The Sniffer can see that there are the kAMINO darts. Aside from the color itself.
    Jun 18, 2009, 8:35 PM - Re: Whats the difference #25

My apologies Fox, as I clearly misunderstood what you meant... or rather, to whom that statement was directed.