Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions.Subscribe
    May 5, 2016, 12:25 PM - Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #1

Currently I am working on a price quote from Dark Energy Creations aka. dmachinist on the RPF to make a run of high quality full metal Westar-34's using WOF blueprints and the detailed pictures that are on RebelScum.com. But I need to get enough people on board before I can make this happen. Right now I'm Just gauging interest to see if it's doable. In order to make the price reasonable (below $650 per set) I need to get at least 25 sets made. The more that I have made the cheaper the price per set will be. So please just post a reply if your interested. They are currently finishing up a run of DL-44's so it will probably be another week or two before I get the final price quotes. I will keep updating this post as I get more information and price quotes.
    Update:
    In an attempt to keep the price down they will come in a kit form they will be very well machined aluminum, however to get that chrome look that the MR's have they will require some fine sanding and polishing. Which I can do for you if so desired but it will cost a little bit more. I'll have to see how much work it will be to finish them before I can quote my price for the finishing work.
    Update:
    I just received the price quote $600 for a pair $350 if you just want one. but for this price I / we will need to get 50 pairs manufactured.
    All parts would be individually machined, parts will be made from top quality solid billet aluminum, with a raw machined finish, fitting/finishing/assembly required.
    The down side is that he can't do them until he upgrades some of his machinery (mostly just for doing the handle and counterbalance). which means production wouldn't start till Fall.
    The other possible killer would be licensing issues which he is checking on to see if there is a way around them. (he has to protect his business).
    Update:
    Well it looks like this is progressing forwards. He is going to make a sample set of parts some time within the next couple of months so that he / we have pictures to post that will show the kit and hopefully how it will all fit together. I will post pics as soon as he sends them to me. Thanks for everybody's interest so far.
    Update: The parts making process has started it should be another month or two before they are done he is going to send me pics as he completes the parts.
    Update: the production has started here is a pic of some of the unfinished parts they still need to cut the grooves in the power knob and power regulator.
    westar-parts-jpg
    Last edited by remo032; Sep 30, 2016 at 9:14 AM. Reason: Update
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 5, 2016, 5:59 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #2

I'm interested.

This would be cool!
    May 5, 2016, 6:06 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #3

Count me in.
  5. May 7, 2016, 10:30 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #4

sounds interesting!
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    May 7, 2016, 5:42 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #5

Very interesting
    May 9, 2016, 8:49 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #6

Interested for sure, but I'd have to see a finished product....
    May 9, 2016, 11:48 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #7

Quote Rupidupe said: View Post
    Interested for sure, but I'd have to see a finished product....
    I completely understand. I don't like buying anything without seeing it first either.
  9. Member Since
    May 2016
    May 13, 2016, 1:18 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #8

Hello, I'm brand new! Literally my 1st post ever... I joined this forum because the force (Google) guided me to full Metal Westar 34 Blasters! This forum keeps popping up again and again. Though I've never been on here before I have been a Star Wars collector for a long time. Mostly Lightsabers but ever since MR made Westars back in 03 I've wanted them real bad! I'm very interested in seeing where this goes and would very much appreciate updates. I've thought about jumping up huge in price for some used MR's on ebay but I like the idea of custom FULL METAL better anyway. So hello to everyone and hope this goes through to fruition
    May 17, 2016, 8:48 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #9

Quote rikvon said: View Post
    Hello, I'm brand new! Literally my 1st post ever... I joined this forum because the force (Google) guided me to full Metal Westar 34 Blasters! This forum keeps popping up again and again. Though I've never been on here before I have been a Star Wars collector for a long time. Mostly Lightsabers but ever since MR made Westars back in 03 I've wanted them real bad! I'm very interested in seeing where this goes and would very much appreciate updates. I've thought about jumping up huge in price for some used MR's on ebay but I like the idea of custom FULL METAL better anyway. So hello to everyone and hope this goes through to fruition
    Welcome to the TDH. I just updated the first post in this thread and it looks like this project is moving forwards.
  11. Member Since
    May 2016
    May 18, 2016, 11:13 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #10

Excellent! Keep me posted on progress and cost
    May 24, 2016, 11:16 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #11

I'm possibly interested. So you're also making the grips in metal as well?
    May 24, 2016, 11:31 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #12

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    I'm possibly interested. So you're also making the grips in metal as well?
    Yes. Grips will be made of solid billet aluminum. The counter weight will be made of one piece with threaded holes in the bottom for the Allen head screws (still a separate part from the grip). Trigger will also be solid billet aluminum.
  14. Member Since
    May 2016
    Sep 10, 2016, 11:56 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #13

Just wondering if there's been any news on this project? I did get a "tad" impatient and bought a set of MR's which are beautiful and wonderful and the prize of my collection. But we all know once a serious Star Wars collection has begun there is no end in sight! I must have FULL METAL Westar 34 BLASTERS as well.

Question? Will these be hollow enough in the barrels to maybe add a sound board and an LED to make these babies make light and sound????

I'm new but still in for these!
    Sep 27, 2016, 4:26 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #14

Quote rikvon said: View Post
    Just wondering if there's been any news on this project? I did get a "tad" impatient and bought a set of MR's which are beautiful and wonderful and the prize of my collection. But we all know once a serious Star Wars collection has begun there is no end in sight! I must have FULL METAL Westar 34 BLASTERS as well.

Question? Will these be hollow enough in the barrels to maybe add a sound board and an LED to make these babies make light and sound????

I'm new but still in for these!
    Production still has not started. Things kinda stalled out for a little while due to some mechanical issues with their CNC machine. If all goes well they are planning on starting sometime within the next 3 months.
    As far as the sound board question goes it will be sold as a kit so you can make whatever modifications you need to fit a sound board. The outer barrel (silver) will be hollow however the brass part that fits inside the barrel will be solid but can be replaced with a hollow brass tube if so desired.
    Sep 29, 2016, 10:53 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #15

Still interested in these when they become available...
    Sep 30, 2016, 9:09 AM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #16

Quote Jesster said: View Post
    Still interested in these when they become available...
    He just started working on these the pic is in the first post.
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Oct 8, 2016, 10:44 PM - Re: Westar-34 MR quality full metal repoductions. #17

way nice! looking forward to seeing these