Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Vult's Jango Build

From
    Frederick, United States

Re: Vult's Jango Build

Thanks Mullreel. I don't know if I could roll the extra under as it would make me even fatter than I am :P. I will play with it and see what I can do, but I can't see any benefit from having it extend longer than the girth once it is all tied (snapped) together with the cod, holster, girth, JP Harness.

From
    North Texas

the way that I bleached mine was to use a spray bottle. I made up a mixture of about 10:1 water to bleach. Then I hung the jump suit on the back porch and sprayed it. I let it sit for a few minutes then I washed it with hot water and detergent. I did this a few times to try to reach the color I wanted.

What type of fabric is it? If it has a high polyester count it will be difficult to color.

From
    Frederick, United States

I did that the first couple tries and it wasn't having much affect on the Blue, so I went to using the entire washing machine full and letting it soak (even over night once). I think it is polyester, I iwll have to check that.
    Thanks again.

From
    Porterville, California

I would recommend taking some of your brown leather stain and taking your time in applying it with a 1" brush to reach the crevices of your girthbelt, and then immediately wiping off any stain on the surface to keep from staining that area any darker. I would also recommend washing your flightsuit in a hot medium level wash starting with 1/2" cup of bleach, and then drying it completely to see what color you're left with. If that doesn't work, move up to 1 cup. If that doesn't work move up to 1.5 cups, etc. until you get the desired lighter blue that is a good color or that you can restain lightly to get the desired blue. It's what I did on my polyester coveralls and it worked perfectly and gave the cloth a nice soft well washed feel/look.

From
    Frederick, United States

Thanks for the suggestions Cruzer, I will check them out. I did a fair amount of work this weekend. I started out with weathering my Crow62 Repro boots and putting the snaps on for the boot armor:

I also did a fair amount of sewing on the flight suit. I made all the button holes for the Knee and shin armor and also this elastic band to hold the pants under the boot armor:

I completed the work on the girth belt outer wrap and am very happy with it overall.

I received the RF Servo kit and am lucky to find that I was able to fit all the components in the MOW gauntlets after all. I had concerns over these gauntlets, but I think I ma going to be happy with the end result. The first thing I had to do was remove the "dummy" switches on the flame thrower housing and sand it down:

I then relocated the circuit board into the top of the housing and ran the real switches into the housing:

...and installed them where they belong. A little filler and Rn'B and they will look better than ever and have actual functional switches that will control the RF servo:

I also did a little work on the cod/ holster/ thigh armor, but I didn't take pictures of it beyond this stage so I will have more to update later:

From
    Frederick, United States

Ok, here are my latest updates:

#1) I lowered the ears on the RF side and added the pin stripes. Aside of the servo and weathering- this baby is done.

#2) I attached the holster to the thigh armor via Chicago screws:

#3) Since I will be waiting a bit for a Dark Side CC knee run, I reappkied Rub n' Buff to the other set of knee's I had until they looked about the same as my CC armor.

I've also added all the snaps and elastic bands that run inside the flight suit so, for the most part, the lower armor is done (except for weathering). My SEEKER harness should be here by Thursday and if my Jetpack Decals get here from Lucksy31, then I may indeed get everything completed this coming weekend- Well ahead of my July goal! Then I will have to decide what I want to finish next- Boba SE or Han?
    Last edited by Vultana; Feb 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM. Reason: Added Pictures

From
    North Texas

the D ring needs to be moved up to right under the girth, like in this pic.

Jango Fett Costume - The Dented Helmet Gallery

From
    Frederick, United States

Yep, just waiting on the harness to tie it all together ala Seeker's tips & tricks photostream.

Thanks bro!

From
    Porterville, California

If you are interested in keeping everything in correct proximity of one another, I would recommend attaching the various pieces together with either snaps or Chicago screws. Here are a few links showing what I mean. I even like to attach my ammo belt to my girth belt using Chicago screws. So that it always stays in the correct position when trooping.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/o...f/DSC03475.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/o...f/DSC01942.jpg

Let me know if the links don't work.
    Last edited by Cruzer; Feb 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

From
    Frederick, United States

MY SEEKER harness came in yesterday and it is amazingly comfortable- nice design and thank you Arturo!

Cruzer- that is awesome with the snap like that. I took a little bit of what you added here, mixed it with the elements I loved about Arturo's setup and came up with this:

From
    Frederick, United States

The weathering process has begun:

From
    Frederick, United States

From
    Frederick, United States

I put it all on for the first time tonight and had my daughter snap some shots for me to see what I have left to do on it to get it right. This is what I have noticed so far:

- still need to do some padding/ helmet interior
    - my chest plates bunched up a bit on me so I need to move them further out
    - I have to cut off the extra nylon strapping from the harness now that I know what I need to use
    - my harness straps we're not even in the back so my jet pack was crooked
    - knee's could use a little velcro to keep them in place, they slid down a little
    - could maybe trim an inch off the back armor, can't tell if it was hitting the girth in back or not

Please let me know if you see anything else- Thanks!

From
    OH

looking good man!

From
    Long Beach, CA

Looks Great!!

From
    Frederick, United States

Hey thanks guys! I should have the other issues I listed resolved before the weekend and some new pictures up before I submit it to the 501st & a second costume for the Mercs.

From
    North Texas

you already mentioned most of the critiques I would have thrown out. The only one you didn't say that I would recommend it to move the jet pack higher on the back. Jango's jet packs sit fairly high.

check out this promo pic for how high it sits.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdefcyo0n01qjquiq.jpg

or this screen shot

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2009/...o-Fett-001.jpg

From
    Frederick, United States

Awesome job...

From
    Porterville, California

Yea, looks awesome man. So jealous!
    Last edited by Cruzer; Feb 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM.

From
    Frederick, United States

Aww thanks guys! It would be **** without all your help Lorenzo- thank you!

From
    Frederick, United States

I just heard back from the 501st and I have been approved BH-10077! Thank you everyone for your help and especially the artist who made the parts I purchased.

From
    Frankfurt, Germany

Congrats

From
    North Texas

awesome and Welcome to the club.

From
    Frederick, United States

I just ordered another flight suit from Carole (Arkady). I like the reviews I have seen of her work and was really impressed that she doesn't dye her fabrics, but rather goes and selects them based on the screen versions. Equally impressive was her turn-around time and I received some awesome news that it was already completed and shipped yesterday! This means I should have it in time for a big troop coming up this weekend so I should have some updated pics from this event to post next week.
    Last edited by Vultana; Mar 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM.