Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Vult's Jango Build

From
    Frederick, United States

Re: Vult's Jango Build

Here's a little update. All my Cruzer CC armor & holster arrived today. These are AWESOME! My Master Replica pistols fit perfectly in the holster (Ya, I couldn't resist walking around the house like a gunfighter for a bit). Here is a picture of the stuff so far:

jango-stuff-jpg
    Last edited by Vultana; Jan 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM.

From
    Porterville, California

Vult's Jango Build

Looking good so far! Don't forget to take some 0000 steel wool to the CC armor under cool running water to bring out the shine. The cool water keeps the polyester resin from warming up and "gooping" on the surface.

From
    Frederick, United States

Thanks Cruzer- I plan to do exactly that. I still have a whole box of it from when I did my asok CC helmet.

From
    Frederick, United States

I began the work on the CC armor:

I also did some work on the MOW Jetpack, cleaned it up and began assembly:

And of course I have my reference photo's on hand being held by my trusty companion (my F800GS )
    Last edited by Vultana; Jan 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM.

From
    North Texas

good start.........just keep posting pics as you move along.

From
    Frederick, United States

I've been working on the jet pack this week

It's getting there, but still plenty to do.

This baby arrived today:

From
    North Texas

the classic jet pack took me about 3 times as long to paint as the two arena packs I have done.

From
    Frederick, United States

I still have a lot of touch-up and need to add details/weathering yet, but the basic colors look right to me. What do you think?

I was thinking since the Jango collar is all black anyway I will probably go back to using the resin one that came with the MOW kit and save this Dark Side metal one for my Boba build.

From
    North Texas

I would say they look close, I added an orange mist to the yellow sections and a purple mist to the blue sections before I sealed and weathered it.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/j...etpacks-45079/

I thought I listed that in this thread but I don't remember for sure. I would use the basic collar for this pack too, no use in messing up the nice metal one.

From
    Frederick, United States

Ok, I got some work done this weekend:

First the Cruzer BKBT (love this helmet too). I polished out the CC, cut out key slots & visor, then painted. I then used the ear caps to mark where I need holes to be drilled, then cut them out with my rotary bit. The ear cap pieces are now drying then they can be assembled. I still need to get the pin striping, mesh for the keyslots, and determine what I want to use for padding. Then it will just need the weathering.

I am making my own girth belt following Cruzers WIP. I cut out the backing and bolo strands. I glued the first one down on the center line and let it sit over night while I worked on the helmet. The next day I filled in all the way to the bottom and let that sit over night. Yesterday I completed the rest up tot he top and let that sit overnight. Next step is to trim the extra off the strands, fold @ glue over the ends, punch holes, and stain. Feeling pretty good about how this came out- Thank you Cruzer for all your help!

Last edited by Vultana; Jan 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM.

From
    Frederick, United States

You may also see that I did some touch-up paint work on the jet pack. That is about all I can do on it until I get my SEEKER harness and the correct decals from Lucksy31.

From
    Palmerton, PA

Lookin' good, Vult! I was looking for the girth WIP and stumbled across YOUR WIP! Awesome progress...

From
    Frankfurt, Germany

Are you planning to make the keyslots a little "nicer"?
    Also, might be the flash though, the lighter blue looks to light for me. Do you have a pic without flash and outside in daylight?

From
    Frederick, United States

Hello, Hasenscharte

Yes, I still plan to clean up the key slots with a file. I just wanted to get the majority of it cut out before I got carried away with the painting. As far as the color goes, the lighter blue is the exact same Ocean Blue that everyone has used. It must be the flash.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

MandoObiJohnD said: View Post
    Lookin' good, Vult! I was looking for the girth WIP and stumbled across YOUR WIP! Awesome progress...
    Thanks bro. Did you find it? I can get you a link if you cannot.

From
    Palmerton, PA

Vultana said: View Post
    Thanks bro. Did you find it? I can get you a link if you cannot.
    I have not been able to find that thread, Vult... Thank you in advance if you can get me a link!

From
    Frederick, United States

From
    Frederick, United States

Here is an update from last nights work:

I moved the helmet forward to the point of adding the pin stripes and start the weathering.

I let all the glue for the girth belt dry over night, so last night I punched the holes, laced it up with a hiking boot lace, and began dying it.

I still have touch-up work to do yet, but I must admit that I am very happy with how it came out. Especially since this is the first time I ever worked with leather, lol.
    I found some really cool leather dye in a spray can from a local cobbler. I got 2 shades for my girth belt to give it depth/ wear. I used the darker one to weather up my Cruzer holster rig.

From
    Palmerton, PA

Here is an update from last nights work:

I moved the helmet forward to the point of adding the pin stripes and start the weathering.

I let all the glue for the girth belt dry over night, so last night I punched the holes, laced it up with a hiking boot lace, and began dying it.

I still have touch-up work to do yet, but I must admit that I am very happy with how it came out. Especially since this is the first time I ever worked with leather, lol.
    I found some really cool leather dye in a spray can from a local cobbler. I got 2 shades for my girth belt to give it depth/ wear. I used the darker one to weather up my Cruzer holster rig.

NICE work on the girth Vult! That helmet is looking awesome, and your blaster rig is gonna be incredible! This is going to be a great kit! Hey, thanks for that link, too... Much appreciated man..

From
    Frederick, United States

Thanks Vod!

From
    OH

Good job buddy

From
    Frederick, United States

I just noticed that I put the right ear cap on too high, lol. Why the heck did they do it like this:

Jango Fett Costume - The Dented Helmet Gallery

From
    North Texas

I just noticed that I put the right ear cap on too high, lol. Why the heck did they do it like this:

Jango Fett Costume - The Dented Helmet Gallery

I noticed that but didn't have time to comment. The higher style is the Boba Fett style. Jango's sits on the lower ear.

From
    Frederick, United States

I also made my girth belt too wide. The WIP said 7" and it looked good until I put the seeker ammo pouches over the top and then it was really obvious. I went and pulled the CRL from 501st and it said Approximately 5" or 21-22 bolo strands. So last night I carefully cut off 4 strands and brought it close to 5 1/4" to match the CRL and it does look better with only 3-4 strands above and below the ammo pouches.

My LSFU vest seems really long when I put all this on so I'm going to have to (gasp!) cut it down some once I get my harness and tie this all together via the SEEKER method.

I did a little more clean-up and detail work on the Jetpack while I wait for the decals to get here.

From
    North Texas

My vest is long like that also. It helps it to stay in place under the girth belt. But I still need to cut some holes in it for the jet pack straps in the front. Right now I just roll the vest under a bit so that I can snap the cod to the jet pack harness.

From
    Frederick, United States

So if I can get a helmet gasket for this I will have everything I need to get level 3 (RF Servo set-up is in the mail). Of course I still have some sewing to do on the flight suit. I sewed in the clips to secure the hoses inside the sleve last night. I need to do button holes for the knees. Any other suit alterations I miss? I have bleached and dyed this thing at least 10 times now and I don't think the fabric is the easiest to work with here. No matter how much care I take to mix the bleach in hot water before adding the suit (completely pre-soaked), the bleaching doesn't lightened it evenly or nearly enough. It leaves me with spots that I have to re-dye purple and denim again. I've done this 3x now so I would love to hear any other suggestions.