Subscribe
    Apr 6, 2008, 11:56 PM - Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #1

Apr 7, 2008, 12:13 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #2

Nice, cool vid. Thanks Seeker
    Apr 7, 2008, 12:18 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #3

WOW! Very informative and useful. Saved to favorites. Thanks for showing your R&B technique as well. Just a question about your armor sculpt, I was wondering how you developed the correct curvature in the chest pieces to achieve the proper look to the armor. Thanks for the vid!
    Apr 7, 2008, 12:24 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #4

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    WOW! Very informative and useful. Saved to favorites. Thanks for showing your R&B technique as well. Just a question about your armor sculpt, I was wondering how you developed the correct curvature in the chest pieces to achieve the proper look to the armor. Thanks for the vid!
    Thanks guys!

Tuba - I just look at a bunch of phots of the real deal and sand down till i was satistied with the curves.

Also, lots of screen caps.

see pics on my website below from a while back
    http://www.r2ro.com/jangochestarmor3.0.htm

at one point my entire wall was full of chest images.

Apr 7, 2008, 12:28 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #5

Thanks, Im going to have to try this eventually, they dont make 'em my size rofl The more accurate the better..
    Apr 7, 2008, 12:35 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #6

I say!!!!! Pretty dang cool bro!!! I've always wondered how you jango folks did that. You make it look really easy. Very informative video. I'm shure alot of folks will find that very usefull. Great job!!
    D
    Apr 7, 2008, 1:23 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #7

That is so rad, man! Thank you!
    Apr 7, 2008, 1:28 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #8

this saved my jango life.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Apr 7, 2008, 1:49 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #9

Beautiful work Turo.
    Apr 7, 2008, 4:05 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #10

..what a tutorial..... great work!!! and thx a lot !!!
    Apr 7, 2008, 4:45 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #11

Gracias amigo, that was a great perfomance.
  12. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Apr 7, 2008, 9:27 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #12

Oh Turo! This is awesome! You are my inspiration! PM sent

Apr 7, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #13

Quick question: how thick is that acrylic, Turo?
    Apr 7, 2008, 10:05 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #14

Quote Murphoid said: View Post
    Quick question: how thick is that acrylic, Turo?

not sure right now, but if your thinking about making a mold, then make sure it's solid and it wont break on you when you press it on the sintra.
    Apr 7, 2008, 12:17 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #15

Thanks a lot for the help Seeker !!!
    Apr 7, 2008, 2:04 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #16

Nice vid for Sintra or Foamex armour shaping...

Now go wash your hands...
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 TK-Devo's Avatar
    Apr 8, 2008, 1:20 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #17

Killer vid Seeker!! Wheres a good source for the sintra?
    Apr 9, 2008, 10:35 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #18

Hey Seeker,

thanks for sharing this with us.
    Great work!!

Mike
    Apr 9, 2008, 11:26 AM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #19

Turo man

This is great stuff, you are an R'N'B master, I tried over and over again with that stuff until I was happy with the results
    Apr 9, 2008, 2:45 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #20

I'm actually in the process of making my own armor and these techniques will help.

Although I do have one question... is there anyway I can form my Sintra cut-outs without using the "master molds"? Any suggestions on how I can get the bends and contours correct would be appreciated?

Thanks.
    Apr 9, 2008, 3:27 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #21

Well there wont be any way you could get the results I got unless you have the solid shapes.

I have notice people just take the sintra and bend it here and there, but it just doesnt look like the real stuff.

Me personally I've strived to get my armor to look as real as possible, that is why I started to make my own stuff. I never realized I had the eye for sculpting. You just have to want it and go for it.

try to sculp, you'll never you what type of skills you have until you try

Quote Fettenstein01 said: View Post
    I'm actually in the process of making my own armor and these techniques will help.

Although I do have one question... is there anyway I can form my Sintra cut-outs without using the "master molds"? Any suggestions on how I can get the bends and contours correct would be appreciated?

Thanks.
  22. Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Apr 10, 2008, 1:58 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #22

i am trying to find templates that are big enough but i am having a hard time. i am also looking for the helmet plans as well. i am thinking abought making my armor out of cardboard or 5 galion plastic buckets any other segestions. i would also like to know how hard and how much it would cost to make it out of sintra. Thanks a lot soon to be vod'ika
  23. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Sep 22, 2010, 5:06 PM - Re: Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra #23

I've been wondering who it was on the boards who made that video. Seeker, you're a god! I can't thank you enough for making that video. It's helped me immensely.
    I have to say though, you make it look so easy. Without those molds, I've found it incredibly difficult to get the correct shape with sintra. Hopefully, I'll be close enough (won't really know until they're painted and attached).

Thanks again bro!