Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verbal21's Build Finally Complete!!!!

Verbal21's Build Finally Complete!!!!

Incredible that after exactly 2 WHOLE years, I've pretty much completed this costume. I still have a couple things here and there to adjust before I can tackle a troop, but there's no words to describe how excited I am finally getting here. BIG, BIG thanks to all of you guys that have helped below and I couldn't have done it without any of you

Helmet - Asok / Painted by Saint_nasty/Morgue
    Jumpsuit - Bleahhh
    Vest - Ladysewforus
    Jetpack - MOW / Painted by Predatormv
    Jetpack hooks - BooBooFett
    Jetpack Harness - FettDad
    Holsters - Cruzer
    Blasters - ????
    All armor/gauntlets - Cruzer

I just need to add a gauntlet hose attachment and need to alter my vest and jumpsuit a little and add snaps/velcro to the knee armor, but more or less, I'm pretty much finished with the bulk of this project and I'll just do minor upgrades from here on out just to make it even more screen accurate. I sent the pre-req pics to my local Garrison and hope to be approved in the 501st soon

Last edited by Verbal21; Aug 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM. Reason: added

From
    Cheshire, UK

Re: Verbal21's start

Welcome to TDH! There are various people who make that style of jetpack. Depending where you live and your budget.

Bobamaker makes jetpacks www.bobamaker.co.uk

Man of War (MOW) makes them along with Bobby Fett UK (BFUK).

There are other people who make them I'm sure.

Good luck on your Jango!

ohhh, so that's who they are. Reading most threads about who made who, I was confused everytime I saw ppl's names such as MOW & BFUK, I was completely lost. I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks, MG

I know it's sometimes hard to find a quality item on eBay, but does anybody have any thoughts about this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Movie-...d=p3286.c0.m14

From
    Richmond, Va

Nah man, you'll probably wanna avoid that helmet. Others can elaborate on the make and whatnot and if you wanna sink some time into the old threads, then you'll know. Besides the fact its coming from "out of town" so to speak. Things tend to get lost. MOW had a jetpack on there last week for $300 I think it was.

oh ok, I had a feeling most eBay stuff were a no-go

From
    Richmond, Va

Not that its a no go, just its a dice roll. Did you see the other thread? You can get the same helmet at www.starwarscostumes.com for $70. Its not a bad helmet at all, just needs work or you can get a kit from someone on here and build it a little more accurately.

These boards are kinda slow because most everything that you'll ever wanna know about Jango (from head to toe) has been discussed before in
    some of these 35+ threads over the past 5 yrs. Most people get their jango built then move on but there are a few old school types that still help out around here (see the ones with the higher post counts)

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i'd suggest getting an asok helmet. it has lineage to the screen used helmet so it's accurate. it comes with everything except the visor. and the best part is that it's so much less than that one on ebay. the down side is that there's going to be prep work that has to be done to get it finished.

From
    OH

I would tend to agree on the Asok thing... Love mine, but bobamaker and cruzer make excellent ones as well. Just keep checking the cargo hold and this section for top notch stuff.

Welcome as well

The end of day 1 in my journey and I've managed to track down a flight suit and it's a go for a helmet kit from Asok. Next step, trying to track down a painter to do the helmet justice.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

asok sent me a pm asking if i'd be willing to paint a helmet, would i be safe to assume that he meant you?

yep, it was very cool of him to say he'd help me find someone. interested?

So I got my helmet from Asok helmet from saint_nasty last week and my vest from Debbi. Thanks so much, guys

I had Morgue re-touch up my helmet to exactly how I wanted it

Waiting on Seeker's ammo pouch, a better fitting Flak from Debbie, and Girth belt from Krohn and I can finally focus on getting all of the rest of the armor from Cruzer Hard to believe it's been 7 months already
    Last edited by Verbal21; Feb 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM.

From
    OH

Time flies when you are having fun

BTW: Nice bucket... wish mine was painted like that

TLobe00 said: View Post
    Time flies when you are having fun

BTW: Nice bucket... wish mine was painted like that
    Thanks and yeah, time truly does fly, I can't believe it's been a year since I've updated this thread. After 15 months, I finally got my Arena jetpack that I paid for and I'm just waiting for Cruzer to send me all the armor. I'm down to just missing gauntlets and I can't believe I've finally accomplished finishing this.

From
    North Texas

You know what...we started about the same time as each other, and we may end up finishing about the same time. I too am waiting on a few more parts and final assembly. But I didn't have to go through the jetpack nightmare that you had.

that's pretty awesome And yeah, the whole jetpack fiasco really made me question how bad I wanted to continue this and disappeared for a few months, but if anything, it showed me that persistence, does indeed, pay off and I'm glad I'm at today. It's definitely been a fun ride and other people building, like you, helps inspire me to finish

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i started my journey into jango around june 09 i do believe. and although i've gotten really good at jango, i still don't have it wearable yet. i have everything except for the d-ring holder, a jetpack harness, and the aluminum beacon. but i think i'm going to figure out a way to remedy the d-ring situation today, and if i'm really lucky, maybe get something for the harness too.

yeah, you're one of the first people I dealt with here and it was real easy. And I see your work continues to improve with every helmet paint. You and Asok should just form a team,lol

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

we pretty much have, actually. we be runnin' it!

Bought the new Medicom Jango figure just so I can get the Arena jetpack although this picture doesn't really show it off much. But at least I finally have TLobe's girth belt and Seeker's Ammo Belt on film

Hopefully, all of Cruzer's armor arrive this week, then all I need are gauntlets and I'm done for now....almost there

From
    North Texas

very artistic pic there, I like it

thanks, Cruz just said my armor should be here by the weekend and I have my Rn'B ready to go work on it. I can't wait

woke up to a nice package waiting for me outside and I immediately started the Rub n' Buff process. I still have the back plate, shin and foot armors to do, but **** does this whole suit look great in person. Can't believe it's been almost 20 months since I started and I'm only a pair of gauntlets away

I was worried at first since this is my first Rn'B and at first, I was worried that it didn't look perfect when I was done, but I think the imperfections kind of add "character" so it's working out so far. Although it seems like I have a few fingerprints stuck in a few areas. Do I just add more rub n' buff to get that out? I'll try to post clearer pics tonight to show what I'm talking about