Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Mar 26, 2012, 12:10 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #51

They seem to be out of stock on the large ones. I spent 8 bucks on the ones pictured.
    Mar 26, 2012, 2:46 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #52

They seem to be out of stock on the large ones. I spent 8 bucks on the ones pictured.
    Mar 29, 2012, 10:25 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (28).JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	59940 Here's my Rubies Westar 34's. A friend of mine at the Kung Fu School has a metal cutting machine and we are going to try to make full metal ones.. until then, these will suffice.
    Apr 6, 2012, 11:01 AM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #54

Quote Ribann said: View Post
    These are what I and some others use: Merona® Bow Gloves - Blue : Target

Just cut off the bow
    Or you can leave the bow on the gloves and go for the trendy Mango Fett look... Either way

Looking good on the Jango. Keep it up, man!

Edit: Woohoo! 100 posts, lol
    May 25, 2012, 1:23 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #55

Okay, just an update. I got some chest armor pieces very inexpensive. I figure that's a piece I can upgrade along the way. Trying to keep the costs down, (even though I got the okay to write off all my costume pieces on my taxes from my accountant). I also upgraded my Westar34's to resin ones. They are more screen accurate than the rubies. I have on order a postal blue jumpsuit, that I will modify for Jango. (at least attempt, apparently I remember how to sew.. I just did a bit for my soft parts for my ghostbusters costume.) I cashed out an investment account that was robbing me more money than making me any, and a portion of that will go to my gauntlets.

The leather bolo belt I'm going to try to make myself. My friend found a cheap spot to get the bolo, and I'm going to pick up a flank of 9oz cowhide and the tools to make it. I might come out with some extras. I'm also going to give a shot at making the holsters myself. I found this informative site:
    Holster Making Tutorial

Here is a pic for the update: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	61301
    May 25, 2012, 3:34 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #56

Name:	photo (29).JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	61303The jumpsuit arrived today! I'll have to modify the sleeves to do the overlap, I'll wait until my gauntlets come in before I mod. I'm happy with the color of the suit, it's postal blue (the photo does not do it justice, it looks very washed in the photo. )
    May 30, 2012, 4:40 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #57

It is tough to see the color in the pic but Jango is always tough to get the color right. If that is the postal blue coveralls, then I would add a small amount of purple dye to it. The postal blue is not far off from the right blue hue. If you get Jango right then in some pics it will look purple and in some pics it will look blue. If you look at my "I stopped by Kamino" thread you can see two pics taken on the same day, and you would swear that it was two different jump suits. And then of course you need a bit of weathering....

You are just about to the point that things should start rolling along, I look forward to seeing your work start to come together.
    May 31, 2012, 11:07 AM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #58

I've got some more pieces on the way, and I'm going to take a pic with the pieces on, this should help align the colors, or what I need to do to align the colors. I've custom made my gloves, and dyed those myself.. I think the color is spot on with those.

This is what I have left to do.
    1. Girth Belt (I'll try to make myself, I'm ordering a full sheet of 9oz cow hide, a ridiculous amount of bolo, I'll buy the tools I need)
    2. Holsters. (Once again, I'll try myself off the same huge sheet of cow hide, I've got some tutorials on how to make holsters)
    3. Knee Armor: Bobamaker or Cruzer perhaps?
    4. Cod Armor
    5. Legs, boot armor
    6. Back Armor
    7. Vest (Going cheap for now with a leather like material, I'll upgrade to a full leather one - either Bobamaker or LSFU as more funds are added)
    8. Voice changer / helmet padding
    May 31, 2012, 1:10 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #59

What do you have in mind for the voice changer and helmet padding?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you have in mind for the voice changer and helmet padding?
    May 31, 2012, 10:41 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #60

Not sure for the voice changer. But my 501st pals have been using something you can usually buy off of Amazon dirt cheap. It's got a small amplifier and makes cool "mic" noises when you talk.
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Jun 5, 2012, 9:42 AM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #61

you can Get Aker mics from amazon. they arent amazing but do the job. Rom/Fx voice amps are probably the best option though if you don't mind the expense and wait time.
    Jun 5, 2012, 8:56 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #62

I'll have to look up those ROM FX voice amps...
    Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #63

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1,020.7 KB 
ID:	61574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	61573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1095.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	61571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1094.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	61570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	61569Gauntlets came in today! Hurrah! They are Cruzer Gauntlets and are top notch!!!!! Check out the pic, also while taking a gander at the pic, can I get your feedback on the flight suit color? I kind of like the postal blue, but thought about dying it to match my gloves a bit more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1096.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	61572  
    Jun 22, 2012, 5:54 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #64

Woot! Three boxes in the mail today, all filled with the rest of the components to my Jango costume. This weekend I should have a Showoff thread.
    Jun 25, 2012, 3:38 AM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #65

I'm pretty sure there is some Italian stuff in your gauntlets
    Jun 26, 2012, 2:40 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #66

You know it Dark Side!
    Sep 18, 2012, 1:02 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #67

Sorry I've been off the site for a bit, lost my Mom and my Dog this year. But good news, my vest came in today from Bobamaker. Now I'm have the task of attaching the armor to it. What does everyone recommend: Velcro or snaps? I'm leaning toward snaps, but paranoid if I'll get it all to line up right.
    Sep 18, 2012, 2:10 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #68

snaps all the way!!!
    Sep 18, 2012, 2:25 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #69

Snaps

Just take your time. I used some velcro to get mine into position, then I chalked the outer edges of the armor on the vest, then punched the holes for the snaps.

Also I start at the collar and work my way down with the spacing. That way you start off at a known point and work off of it.
    Sep 18, 2012, 4:44 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #70

Thanks Mullreel. Someone suggested just using a couple of snaps and velcro so it's hugs the vest also.
  21. Sep 18, 2012, 7:27 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #71

Im all for the snaps! My Boba armor is attached with bolt/nuts..which would probably work as well. But may be a bit difficulat to line up. Mine is actually a tad bit off in one spot.

I like the snap and velcro idea.
    Sep 19, 2012, 3:35 AM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #72

This is totally my opinion and there is probably an easier and safer way to do this....but....

If you want your armor to really "cling" tightly to you, after affixing the armor/snaps to the vest, I used a heat gun (while wearing it...yikes!) to warp the armor to fit my body better. It is very difficult to get the armor perfectly flush against your body. I am NOT saying you SHOULD use a heat gun, but merely saying this is what I did.

Also try not and glue the snaps too far to the edge of your armor.

Good luck!
    Sep 25, 2012, 4:11 PM - Re: Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread. #73

Quote Ribann said: View Post
    If you want your armor to really "cling" tightly to you, after affixing the armor/snaps to the vest, I used a heat gun (while wearing it...yikes!) to warp the armor to fit my body better. It is very difficult to get the armor perfectly flush against your body. I am NOT saying you SHOULD use a heat gun, but merely saying this is what I did.
    This is also what I did- just do it with someone you trust! I had my father-in-law help me. He trusts me to take care of his daughter, I can trust him with a heat gun next to my body.