tk337's Jango Costume

From
    Orange County, CA

tk337's Jango Costume

Hi all,

I'm not good at WIP threads. I started out with a garrison mate's great but outdated Jango costume. I modded the heck out of it, and changed it to fit my 5'5" frame. Got LFSU vest and flightsuit, Asok bucket, tlobe girth, repainted jetpack, rub'n'buffed the original RA armor, new boots/gloves, and still with original ammobelt and holster (?RA). Here's what I started out with:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/s...l-shiny-41780/

I know I need to separate the spacing between the knees and the lower leg armor. There are things I'd like to upgrade down the road. Be gentle with me, but what do you think of what it looks like now?

The resources on these forums have been great!!!

Yvette2012-06-23-17-06-16-jpg2012-06-23-16-55-32-jpg2012-06-23-16-56-04-jpg2012-06-23-16-55-54-jpg
    Last edited by tk337; Apr 2, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

From
    North Texas

Re: tk337's Jango Costume

Is your ammo belt and holster all one piece? The holster should be under the girth and the ammo belt on the outside. I have seen approved Jangos with the set up like yours though.

From
    Orange County, CA

Hmmm. Never thought about that. Yeah, it's all one piece. Thanks for the insight.

Now to think about adjusting it.

I'd recommend, if you can, attaching your holsters to your thigh armor. The butts of the Westars should almost be pointing parallel, not perpendicular, to the palms of your hands. When you are standing with your hands at your side (like you are about to do a fast draw), you should be able to naturally grip the Westars without even taking them out of the holsters.

From
    OH

Also, the shins are on the wrong side... but it is a nicely done Jango, and most "normal" people wouldn't notice the little things ... of course we all know that nobody on TDH is "normal"

From
    Farmingville, New York, United States

Looks great! Man, I was going to try to post my finished Jango this weekend, but after reading the comments.... I'm doomed. I'm waiting for my Bobamaker leather vest, until then I have a cheap-o pleather vest. I'm putting together my holsters at the moment and my knee rockets just came in from Dark Side.

From
    OH

Yeah, but posting and getting feedback (even if it may be harsh) is always a good thing to help improve

From
    Orange County, CA

Thanks for all the input. I do appreciate it. I'll see what I can do about those suggestions in the near future.

As to the shin armor, I was confused. I couldn't tell based on images I'd seen and the prior owner apparently mislabel which was right and left.

Yvette

From
    North Texas

the shins are often switched.........common mistake.

Overall though you are on a good track, keep up the good work.

From
    OH

Yeah, the shins and thighs STILL get me confused I find myself looking and saying, "Oh yeah, wrong side!" when I am suiting up

From
    Orange County, CA

I am clearly not aiming for this to be a step-by-step WIP thread! LOL! (Hey, I'm a busy working mom!) But I do have some updated photos from my first real trial run at Wonder Con this past weekend. I upgraded the chest and knee armor, separated the ammo belt from the holsters, and added some weathering.

I clearly need to raise the ammo belt and the knees. I know I need to fixate the holsters at some point. I plan on upgrading some greeblies on my gaunts thanks to Darkside's run. I don't know how to elongate my torso to accommodate a little more space for the abd armor plate though! I am considering cutting it or shortening my vest a little to see if those help.

Here are the pics....

photo-1-jpgphoto-2-jpgphoto-3-jpgphoto-4-jpg

From
    Orange County, CA

Does the thigh armor need to move up and out a little?

I also need to fix the pant leg at the boot issue too.

Yvette

FYI: I found a shoe repair guy in my town that helped me out with my ammo belt. It was separated from the holsters. I bought a belt blank from Tandy Leather and he stitched the ammo belt piece to the new belt blank and added a velcro closure in the back for a very reasonable price (the first guy I asked asked for way too much for it). I threw the holsters onto a regular belt hiding underneath. Inexpensive fix score! Although the leather on this old set is pretty dry; I need to figure out what kind of oil I should get to help it out.

From
    North Texas

You could take a couple of strands off of the bolo girth belt to free up some room.

You also need to move your thigh armor to the outside of the thigh a bit. The armor sits under the pistol holsters. Overall is looking good.

From
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Mullreel said: View Post
    You could take a couple of strands off of the bolo girth belt to free up some room.
    Here are some good photos from Vultana's build, he did the same thing - made the girth belt, then decided to reduce the height. See pics/description in posts # 35 through 48 in this thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/v...o-build-45924/

Your build is looking strong, keep up the good work!

From
    Orange County, CA

Thanks for the input and advice! That's a great idea on the girth belt. I appreciate it.

Yvette

From
    Orange County, CA

Does anyone have a good source for the complete 3-pronged dart on the right gauntlet?

I missed Darkside's but his wasn't complete.

Yvette