Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Swedolorian Jango

Swedolorian Jango

Hi!

[font=Times New Roman]I'm not a frequent poster at this forum, but I've been a member here for two years now, and visit the site almost every day.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Now it time I post some pictures of my progress.... [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]First, I want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge here. You have all made prop building to my favourite hobby![/font]

Leather works:

Holsters

Belt pockets

Braided belt - my own solution. The braids are sawn on a larger piece of leather, and a old belt added so I can easily strap it around the waist. The belt with the pockets hides the belt.

A close up on the braid before I coloured it. (6 braid, 6mm)

Helmet:

Proud owner of a BKTB helmet!!! Dremeld, sanded and primed ready for the Ruff n' buff

Armour:

Shoe,and leg armour (the vest is just on it's way to be finished, so I haven't started on the "torso armour" yet.

Gauntlets, soon finished....

My goal is to be finished within 3 months. Still need a jet pack though.

Hope u like the pictures I will soon post some more.

From
    The Dark Side Of The Moon, Swansea

Re: Swedolorian Jango

That's some excellent looking armour you have there and good work on the holsters/belt, topped off nicely with a BKTB bucket...top choice.

Can't wait to see it when it's done. Good luck with it.

From
    Kiel, Germany

That's looking very impressive for the start!
    Well done!

And yup, 3 months are possible (but 1 1/2 are to be beaten ...ok without jet pack...).

However, looking forward to your progress.

From
    Orlando, Florida

Goodluck with your stuff! It's looking great! Nice leather work! And don't be shy to post! Are those RA gauntlets? They look like mine, but nicer lol mine are a bit beaten up.

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

You've got some good looking pieces there. Looking forward to seeing it all pull together!

Very impressive . . . .

Patience gets you a lot further.

Good job man!

From
    Chicago

Nice leather work, can't wait to see it all together.

From
    Clarksville, TN

Very Nice set up so far, looking forward to seeing more pics.

Thanks for all your kind words!!

I will keep me promise then
    Here's some new pictures...

The braided belt. First I just planned just to have sides on the the pockets in each end, but now I see I have to do that on all seven.

I have attached the groin to the holsters now. Here's the holsters with the braided belt.

And this is how the look on Don't mind the colour of the suit. I'm going to upgrade it... And I have to stay away from those pizzas, too

I have also installed the flashing light on the right gauntlet.

askywalker98: Yes,I bought the gauntlet as a kit from Mark Bradly
    Last edited by Swedolorian; Jun 28, 2005 at 2:18 PM.

My BKBT is ready!!!

Not weathered, but I'll do that together with the rest of the armour when it's all ready.

Silver is Ruff n' buff, and the blue is Model Master french blue, mixed with white for the lighter blue and black for the darker blue.

From
    Kiel, Germany

WOW! Well done!
    especially the paintjob so far!

...is it me, or are the upper mandible edges a lil bit warped to the right side??

No, your quite right I'm afraid...
    I attached the T-visor with contact glue, and didn't notice that the right side came a bit higher then the left.
    I guess it wouldn't be a to big problem thi fix it, but I would need a new T-visor.

From
    Clarksville, TN

I see another fine Jango coming along. Your doing a great job. I really like that Rope belt.

Hi,

I have been working a bit on my costume during the summer.
    I've just finished my knee's and the left gauntlet. (the right one was done before) I also fixed the belt pockets with sides on all pockets.
    Here's the pictures...

These are sintra knees that I have builded up using bondo. The darts are metal.

I have added the darts (metal) and the hook. I colored the hose blue with textil color (must be a better way though .)

Here's a picture of the sides on the pockits.

I have the vest ready, and I'm working on building the chest and back.
    I also have a jet pack on it's way other the Atlantic

Thx for your time...

where did you get the braid belt? how much did it cost to you?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Very nice!

From
    Downey, CA

Good stuff sir, very good. ^^

JangoUri said:
    where did you get the braid belt? how much did it cost to you?
    I made it myself. I used an old belt, that I attached a piece of leather to. On that I attached the braids. The braids themself I purchased here in Sweden at a local leather shop for 9$/meter (A total of 120$-13 rows) I didn't attach any braids under the leather belt with the pockets, as they wouldn't show anyway...
    Then I dyed everything brown.

I attached a gasket today, What do you think??

It gets a little hot though...

From
    Orlando, Florida

Everything is looking absolutly fabulous! Do you have any fans in your helmet though? That may be why its getting so hot. Also, do you have any sort of voice amp? You don't need that, just wondering though.

askywalker98 said:
    Everything is looking absolutly fabulous! Do you have any fans in your helmet though? That may be why its getting so hot. Also, do you have any sort of voice amp? You don't need that, just wondering though.
    Thx!!
    No fan yet.. I have the material, but there is not that much space for it. (I have a big head! ) But I will have to put it in there, or else I will die of dehydration after 20 minutes...
    Voice amp, yes! You see the cord from the mic in the picture on the side of the helmet. I found a very nice set for 37$. The speaker is a bit big, but I'm planning of placing it in the jet pack. (It's powerful enough)

Hello there Swedolorian -
    Your outfit is looking GREAT!
    i just have a question: What did you use to insulate the inside of your helemt? if you have any pictures that would be great.
    i'm still waiting for my armor and stuff to start on my project but i like to peek in here to see what evryone os doing...
    keep up the good work!!!
    Solo

From
    Somewhere between Tennessee and Kentucky

Swedolorian, looking great. :thumbup
    Couple questions; where did you get the helmet gasket? Also I've heard a lot about the BKBT helmets. Where are they found and what are they? New to the site if you couldn't tell

Jango Jones said:
    Swedolorian, looking great. :thumbup
    Couple questions; where did you get the helmet gasket? Also I've heard a lot about the BKBT helmets. Where are they found and what are they? New to the site if you couldn't tell

Thx

I made the gasket myself. It was quite easy. I bought a piece of leather. Cut it after the helmet. Then I used a sawing machine for the stitching. I used super glue to fold the edges.
    I used 3M's dual band (type of velcro that's very strong) to attach it to the helmet.
    The helmet is made by BKBT (BiggerKidsBiggerToys) he's a member here.
    It was only made in a limited run. Don't think he makes the anymore...

Solojedi: I have regular foam inside, but I will have to change it as it get to hot...

Hi,

I've been working with the vest and the chest armor.
    The flightsuit turned out a nightmare, and I had to dye it three times!
    Now I think I got the right tone, but it's a bit to dark, but a regular wash should fix that.
    I'm still issing the jet pack and the back armor, but I hope I have my jet pack within 2 weeks. (over seas shipping)
    Then it's weathering left to do. 8)