Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Mar 26, 2005, 3:38 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #76

Thanks Skalen Fehl!

I'm normally a 31/32 waist, but I'll take the "suit bulk" into consideration.

Joren Fett
    Mar 29, 2005, 12:22 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #77

Also, keep in mind you might be overlapping the belt in the back which would add about two inches, depending on how you are building it.
    Apr 8, 2005, 7:27 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #78

I ordered a 25yd roll. I got it in 4 days. Very nice. Now I gotta figure out how to build it. So many choices.
    Apr 11, 2005, 2:15 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #79

I cut about 24 lengths of the braid and took it to my leatherworker. I think he ended up using only about 20 or 21. I fashioned a loop out of a 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe, cut in half with the radial curves angled downward and glued the thing to a piece of sintra angled just like the reference CD and took it to my leatherworker as well for the center strap with D rings. I had him chicago screw the braided belt to the JD codpiece and it's almost all done. He just needs to attach straps to the holsters. Man he's done an amazing job. I printed about fifteen reference pics from the CD for him to refer to. I can't wait to put the belts on. He says this has been a most interesting project for him. He is so used to building horse saddles and other "normal" leather products.
    Apr 11, 2005, 4:35 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #80

Guys!! Where are all the pics? Everyone is ordering these braids and no one is posting pics of their belts! Get to work boys (and girls). OSK
    Apr 11, 2005, 8:30 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #81

My leather belts and holsters should be done Wednesday. I'll try to have pics up by this weekend. I actually am so close I want to wait until it's all done to unveil my year-and-then-some long effort costume.

Besides that, I have yet to see it all together at one time on me. Right now there are pieces everywhere.
    Apr 11, 2005, 10:28 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #82

Quote obi sean kenobi said:
    Guys!! Where are all the pics? Everyone is ordering these braids and no one is posting pics of their belts! Get to work boys (and girls). OSK
    Roger that sir.

Here are a couple of my WIP pics. Those are slotted brass plates. I am currently just winding the whole thing back and forth and tying it off at each turn. I was going to cut the strands individually but I didn't want to deal with it unravelling. I know I could dip the ends in something but I'm going to be lazy and try this first. I will sew all the ends and run some heavy brown nylon thread through all of the strands every 6 inches or so to keep it together. If all goes well I won't need to add the heavy leather backing to it.

I already bought a cow shoulder that was just long enough and about 6.5" wide throughout just in case I have to go that route.

I'll post when it's done, and we'll see what I end up doin by then.

Wish me luck.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braided1.JPG 
Views:	748 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	2343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braided2.JPG 
Views:	742 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	2344  
    Last edited by zxwing; Apr 17, 2005 at 11:05 PM.
    Apr 17, 2005, 11:09 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #83

Here's my finished belt. I ran nylon thread through the entire braid every 3 inches. This keeps them all together without the need for a leather backing. For weathering, I will run over the whole thing with some heavy grit sandpaper as soon as I get some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braided3s.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	2345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braided4s.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	2346  
    Apr 17, 2005, 11:50 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #84

Nice job, bud! Boy I bet that mjtrim website wondered what all the hub-bub was about with a surge of orders for that style of braid. LOL. I'll post some pics of my belts tomorrow. Got a ton of stuff to do to get ready for CIII. Ugh...
    Apr 29, 2005, 7:07 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #85

I don't know if I missed it in some thread, but can anybody tell me how many breads the original Jango belt has? It's hard to count, because in all pics I have there's always the belt, the pouches or something covering it partially, so I can't be sure.

By the way, is it still possible to get that Jango Referance CD somewhere? I really could need some accurate material from head to toe. I read a couple of times about it and noticed the offered Boba and Trooper CDs on TDH, but no Jango.
    Apr 29, 2005, 9:49 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #86

Wasp, I can make a copy for you. I can't remember who I originally got mine from, but you can send me a self addressed stamped envelope I can get you one. Include a blank CDR or RW. I'll pm you with my address.

I'll be taking pictures of my belt this weekend to share. Sorry taking so long obi_sean_kenobi.
    May 4, 2005, 9:03 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #87

Finally got a bunch of pics ready. Here are some shots of my braided belt.

Jul 12, 2005, 10:42 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #88

I finnaly ordered my 25 Yard roll today and am getting ready to build this darn thing and be done with it.
    Aug 7, 2005, 2:10 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #89

Damn!! $127.00 for a 25 yard roll????!! Is this what everyone has been paying?

I guess I waited too long to order it huh?

Obviously I am taking my time with this costume
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Oct 6, 2005, 11:24 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #90

1st off - You guys do some awesome work.

/noob=on

How many "rows" for the Jango braid belt?

/noob=off

16. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Oct 8, 2005, 1:11 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #91

Quote MonCal said:
    Damn!! $127.00 for a 25 yard roll????!! Is this what everyone has been paying?

I guess I waited too long to order it huh?

Obviously I am taking my time with this costume
    I don't recall it being that much when I checked it out. I never ordered any either. I don't think I wil either.
  17. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Oct 15, 2005, 10:28 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #92

Just 2 questions:

Is the 6mm red brown good choice?

How many "rows" of braiding is there on Jangos girth belt?
    Oct 18, 2005, 8:50 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #93

I think the red brown is what I used. I believe mine has twenty one rows but I was looking more at the belt being between 5 and 5 1/2 inches wide. I gotta get my costume out of the bin and on a mannequin!
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Sep 20, 2009, 11:31 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #94

Quote zxwing said: View Post
    Here's my finished belt. I ran nylon thread through the entire braid every 3 inches. This keeps them all together without the need for a leather backing. For weathering, I will run over the whole thing with some heavy grit sandpaper as soon as I get some.

i know this threed is old but can you share with us where you got the slotted brass plate???

thanks