Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 14, 2005, 12:04 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #51

I actually gave away the best place the get them. They were already braided and were actually leather. It was an indian supply place. I don't remember the link but it might still be in one of my old posts. I could probabily find the invoice if someone really wants them.
    Feb 14, 2005, 3:18 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #52

To my knowledge, there is no store bought lace that is accurate. You can buy the lace cutting tool and scrap leather and cut your own lace as described in the official braided belt thread on page 4 or you can buy from the source I gave at the top of this thread.

Bobafett669, the braids you linked to when you "revealed" your source were inaccurate. The braids were too small and I even think they were incorrectly braided. I think the ones you bought were 6-ply when you need 4-ply and each braid should be 1/4" or 6mm.
    Feb 24, 2005, 2:49 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #53

Well, I finally ordered some of the red-brown. I'll post what I think of it, when it arrives.
    Feb 26, 2005, 2:05 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #54

That's cool, dwedd. I'm getting ready to buy some, too.
    Feb 26, 2005, 11:28 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #55

are you guys just buying the 25 yard deal??

dan

i guess this is the only way to get a braided belt these days.....
    Feb 27, 2005, 12:51 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #56

That's what I was planning on doing, OPPI. But if I calcualte it out and there are are only about 20 rows on the belt, that's about 18 or 19 yards for me, being a 32" waist at 6' tall. I may do 21 rows, not sure. So you only save a few bucks, but a few bucks is a few bucks.
    Mar 2, 2005, 1:49 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #57

So I took the plunge and ordered a roll (25 yards) of red brown. It should be here Monday and y leather worker is working on the belt and holsters. The pouches look pretty dang cool. I can't wait to bring them home and "weather them". I'll likely use my brown and black acrylics.

I read somewhere what some of you have used to keep the pouch belt from sagging down from the braided belt. Anyone else have a problem or is this even a real problem? Just want to plan ahead before I pick the belts up.
    Mar 2, 2005, 6:18 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #58

Quote Skalen Fehl said:
    So I took the plunge and ordered a roll (25 yards) of red brown. It should be here Monday and y leather worker is working on the belt and holsters. The pouches look pretty dang cool. I can't wait to bring them home and "weather them". I'll likely use my brown and black acrylics.

I read somewhere what some of you have used to keep the pouch belt from sagging down from the braided belt. Anyone else have a problem or is this even a real problem? Just want to plan ahead before I pick the belts up.
    I just glued my two belts together on the part where you can't see them and it all works out nicely. Show us some pics of your belts when you get them all done, and goodluck!
    Mar 2, 2005, 9:49 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #59

Thank you. It's all coming together. I should have the whole thing finished hopefully by the end of march. I want to break the suit in at some garrison events before CIII. I now have a place to store pictures so I can properly share pictures without making everyone chase links.
    Mar 8, 2005, 2:04 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #60

Well, I called up mjtrim and they hadn't even shipped it yet and I ordered it last week. They are out of redbrown braids and I pitched a fit. I told them they should have called me to let me know since I ordered it express. Needless to say they are shipping the natural braid to me overnight and I'll dye it myself.

Dwedd. I haven't seen you post. Did you get yours okay? If not, now you know why. Alright, now to go blast some jedi scum and blow up some things.
    Mar 8, 2005, 3:53 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #61

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, Skalen...hopefully others don't have the same problems with them as you did.
    Mar 8, 2005, 6:45 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #62

Mine arrived last week. I must have gotten the last of their red-brown.

I'm not sure why they call it red-brown, cause it's a perfect Jango shade of dark brown. It doesn't even have a hint of reddish color in it. Compared to Seeker's, this braid is tighter. It is 1/4" in dia. and 6 ply. It's not perfectly screen accurate, but will work very well, as far as I'm concerned.
    Mar 8, 2005, 7:07 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #63

6 ply? It looks like 4 ply in the pictures!
    Mar 8, 2005, 7:27 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #64

It does look like 4 ply in the pics, but what I recieved is definatly 6 ply.
    Mar 9, 2005, 8:49 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #65

So about a half hour after I spoke with the gal at mjtrim, she calls me back up and tells me they just got a shipment and red brown is in. So she is supposedly overnighting to me so my next post this evening will be to announce that it finally came. I got a leather worker waiting on me. 6 ply, eh, judz? Post some pics when you finish. Alrighty, I'm off to work.
    Mar 9, 2005, 7:41 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #66

It came this morning. Whew.
    Mar 9, 2005, 7:48 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #67

6 ply, or 4? Pics, people!
    Mar 9, 2005, 11:31 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #68

If you scroll up to post #8 on this thread that's exactly what it looks like. Really. Anyway, as soon as my leather guy is done, I can post pics. Right now, I'm working on my jumpsuit and rub n buffing my armor. Gotta get it all velcroed up and stuff. I'm shooting for the end of March to have my Jango done. Finally. After a year and about 4 or 5 months.
  19. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Mar 17, 2005, 6:16 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #69

Hey All,

I've been out of the action for about 6-8 months now and just wanted to drop in and say hello to anyone who remembers me!

Also... Judz Dwedd, was it mjtrim.com that you ordered your braids from? I've been waiting to hear how their product is, and it sounds like you're happy with what you got. I might just order 25 yards of that red-brown myself if it meets your standards!

My Jango was temporarily (and harshly) shelved when my girlfriend and I bought a house last year. Rennovations took over my life, then I was laid off from my marketing job at Playboy after 3 years. Now the house is complete, I'm working full-time for the Internet company I started 7 years ago, and I'm trying (trying!) to get back to my beloved Jango.

If all goes well, I'll be a TDH regular again before long. There's so much to catch up on around here! Can anyone spare me the agony and summarize new developments and major news of the past 6 months?

Joren Fett
    Mar 17, 2005, 11:59 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #70

I forgot to mention that the braids were awesome. You won't regret it Joren.
    Mar 18, 2005, 12:53 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #71

6-ply? That's a bit of a disappointment...It looks like 4-ply in the pictures...sorry about that...oh well it still is a very good alternative to braiding it by hand...if I had the money I would go back and purchase this stuff from mjtrim...hand braiding is such a pain in the butt!
    Mar 18, 2005, 10:18 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #72

Yes, my braids came from mjtrim. I agree, the pics look like a four strand braid. Maybe they changed suppliers, and never changed the pic. I doubt they ever expected anyone as picky as us. I don't regret getting them. I can't say as I've ever seen anything else available as a better alternative.
    Mar 18, 2005, 3:45 PM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #73

agreed dwedd. Very, very nice braids, even for 6 strands. I got the 25 yard roll.
  24. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Mar 19, 2005, 12:12 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #74

Okay, I'm convinced.

Just to confirm details... should I be ordering
    the 25 yard roll, red brown, 6mm braid?

Thanks all!

Joren Fett
    Mar 19, 2005, 9:44 AM - Re: Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND #75

That is correct, Joren. What is your waist size? Your pant size may not reflect your actual waist size! So if you figure your waist size is no larger that about 36 inches, then the 25 yard roll should be right. I'm a size 32 waist but when I measured my waist with my jumpsuit on already tailored, with my dwedd codpiece (and the leather belt which the braids will be glued to) accounted for it came to about 36 inches, which is one yard. The 6mm braid equals approximately 1/4 inch so depending on your size you shouldn't need 25 rows. You don't want to run out of material either. Do the math before placing your final order.