Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 18, 2005, 12:30 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #26

Excellent job!!

And the 'green screen' for your event is so cool!
    Apr 19, 2005, 12:10 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #27

Thanks, Geo and Cutest_Sandgirl.

Mirax, I looked around for that hose dying thread to no avail. Is it something I can do in less than an hour? That would be about all I need after tonight.

Anyway, I just finished weathering my loaner jet pack. I just may end up buying it. I really haven't had a chance to see how accurate it is but I think it's close. I noticed two different images in the visual dictionary and they don't match. I see a couple of differences. A stunt version perhaps? Anyway, I guess I'm about finished. Just have to make a neck seal or else just wear my royal blue balaclava to cover up my neck .

I may end up crafting new shoulder armor pieces. They don't fit my vest correctly, too much of a curve. The vest shoulders aren't accurate either, but I think it's good for now. I'm dang tired. I had hoped to hear a review from the best Jango around, el numero uno, SEEKER. He has been my main inspiration and motivation to go the extra mile.
    Apr 19, 2005, 2:51 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #28

NICE JOB MARC!!!! Can't wait to see all the hard work you've been doing lately in person later on this week!!
    Apr 19, 2005, 2:59 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #29

Yeah, I believe it was navy blue that you dye them in, let me see if I can't find it for you right quick. Oh, suggestion for the neck- I bought a white turtleneck, dyed it and cut a dickie out of it - works great cause it doesn't slip down cause it is a turtleneck!
    Apr 19, 2005, 3:03 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #30

Apr 19, 2005, 3:34 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #31

Lookin good Skalen. I did the same thing with my red kap postal blue suit. Sew a strip of extra material to go around your neck in the front and have it open and close with a velcro closure

Great work

dan
    Apr 19, 2005, 5:45 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #32

jenchuan! I haven't seen you around for a while. Hope you're doing well. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mirax, thanks for the tips and the thread. On the photo, the hoses look solid blue. They are actually clear with blue crossthreading. I'm going to upgrade those as well. I ended up making a neck seal by cutting a large strip from the lab coat and using velcro. The thing wraps around my neck and closes in back. I like the dickie idea. Might try that after CIII.

Thanks OPPI. You're armor is coming along nicely too. Hope you got the jet pack all sorted out. It was a task positioning mine just right. Only the buckles show betweent he jet pack and the backplate. That's how it ended up to have just the right height and angle.

The armor was boxed and shipped off with my garrison CO who just hit the road for CIII. I'll be packing now and leave very early tomorrow morning and arrive in the afternoon.

Thank you all for the support, compliments, and advice. I'll post a lot more pics and what/how I did it after CIII.
    May 4, 2005, 8:03 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #33

Finally got a bunch of pics of my Jango taken. I still have some work to do. I don't like how my shins hang down over my boot armor. Other minor tweaks and I'll be happy. Below are pictures of how I've constructed my costume:

Last edited by Skalen Fehl; Nov 5, 2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: pictures
    May 5, 2005, 4:03 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #34

Man that certainly looks awesome!

Hope mine will turn out as good as yours some day (in a few decades or so...).

May 5, 2005, 10:28 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #35

Well, with patience, hard work, a little luck, lots of money, and a lot of friends here, you can do it. I still gotta look into that CD for you. I haven't forgotten. Lately I've been getting pm's from friends here and other forums for items for Jango and other costumes. I'll let you know asap. Thank you for the compliments.
    Last edited by Skalen Fehl; May 5, 2005 at 11:40 AM.
    May 5, 2005, 2:12 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #36

Lookin good!
    May 11, 2005, 10:17 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #37

Thanks, SWFreak. Now to try and figure out how to do that moving rangefinder stalk. JD, I'm so jealous, man. That was a sweet set up you have. It was great to meet you at C3. I've seen that hyperdine website, but I'm so electronically impaired that i wouldn't know where to begin.
  13. Member Since
    Feb 2004
    May 11, 2005, 11:39 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #38

Totally Awesome armor Man! I just finish up my Jango Fett armor and really proud of my.

Buddhafett
    BH-5379
    May 11, 2005, 2:52 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #39

Looks great man. I remember seeing it at CIII. I agree with Mirax about changing the gauntlet hoses though.
    May 11, 2005, 6:21 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #40

yeah, a few more upgrades and mods. At least it's all down hill from here! Whew!

Thanks guys for the compliments.
    Dec 1, 2005, 7:55 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #41

Hey Skalen Fehl,

I noticed your Jango pics on the 501st forum, so I just had to track down on TDH and give you a big . Great looking suit, and you wear it well.

Gator
    Dec 3, 2005, 12:05 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #42

Thank you Gator Fett.
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Dec 3, 2005, 1:03 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #43

Your Jango looks great! Way to go, oh and the avatar picture is so cool, I dig Battlestar Galactica. I actually saw it on TV when it first came on! Yep I'm gettin older.
    Dec 3, 2005, 4:20 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #44

Is the armor from JD? and the helmet is JD althought?

EDIT: Yes, it is
    Last edited by JangoUri; Dec 3, 2005 at 7:07 AM.
    Dec 3, 2005, 8:43 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #45

Thanks MandalorFett. Yup, that's an original screen prop from the set. A friend of mine was extremely lucky to come across it. There were two types of props used. The ones that the main actors wore, like Apollo, Starbuck, etc, with the lights. Then there were the extra props that just looked pretty on the bunker shelves, etc. Those did not light up. They were on tight budgets.

I'm also old enough to remember watching the series from it's debut. I must have been in about the 3rd or 4th grade. Good times!!

I've been tempted to build a Colonial Viper Pilot costume but I'd end up spending too much money and my wife says one genre is enough. I tend to agree.

JangoUri, yep, JD all the way. Pm replied to.
    Dec 6, 2005, 5:47 AM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #46

Thanks for the reply. A few questions dude:

Is the armor glued to the jumpsuit or you used velcro? If you used velcro, could you post some pics without the armor attached? Just to see how much cuantity of velcro did you use. (wall mart velcro?)

And how did you cut the armor pieces from the mold? Dremel maybe?

And Im wondering, how did you made the two helmet "lines" (is that the correct word?)

thanks =-)
    Dec 6, 2005, 1:18 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #47

JangoUri said:
    Thanks for the reply. A few questions dude:

Is the armor glued to the jumpsuit or you used velcro? If you used velcro, could you post some pics without the armor attached? Just to see how much cuantity of velcro did you use. (wall mart velcro?)

And how did you cut the armor pieces from the mold? Dremel maybe?

And Im wondering, how did you made the two helmet "lines" (is that the correct word?)

thanks =-)
    I used industrial velcro that I bought at a fabric store. Not the type with the sticky back, but the kind that you sew on. I used two different brands because I ran out of one. But for the armor, I did use the type with the sticky back and applied superglue before sticking it to the armor for extra strength.

I used a dremmel to cut and trim the armor with cutting discs. Actually I cheated. I have a ton of tools, since I'm a contractor. One of my tools is a Roto-zip. I put a cutting wheel on it because it was a lot faster than my dremmel. Using that took a lot more control, though due to the very high rpm's.

The two helmet lines were made by using auto pinstriping that I bought at my local "Autozone". It's an auto parts store. I believe I used 1/8" pinstripes. Hope this helps.
    Dec 6, 2005, 3:27 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #48

Nice, Ill look for those auto pinstriping. Thanks for the pics, by the way, your flak vest is grey. Why not black?
    Althought i have to say I perhaps prefere this grey one that black one :o (Can I ask where did you get it?)
    Dec 6, 2005, 5:19 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #49

I bought the dark grey material from a fabric store. The ref CD of the movie costume has the vest a sort of blueish grey. I've never seen black used in the movie or in reference images. Perhaps scenes where it's dark, makes it look black.

The Visual dictionary definitely shows a grayish color, but the above photo seems to have bluish tinges. There have been debates about different colors in different lighting as well. I used what was closest to the pictures and what was available to me, which was at a local fabric store called Hancock. Hope this helps a little.
    Mar 19, 2006, 3:03 PM - Re: Skalen Fehl Unleashed #50

Hmmmmmmm..........
    Is it just me, or does the flak jacket color resemble almost exactly to the gloves? Call me crazy, but I remember seeing the "star fortress production prop" gloves on another thread, and the match the color of the flak jacket. Here are the gloves that I saw..tell me if im wrong

Now compare the color to the flak jacket......

Well, I may be wrong, but my eyes aren't decieving me. Perhaps this can answer the debate about it.

-tubachris