Subscribe
    Nov 11, 2013, 11:53 PM - Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #1

This thread is just to show off how you have finished the inside of your bucket. I have a simple bolted in visor, an aluminum support glued in the visor area for extra stiffness & support, a push button mini computer fan for some air movement, & a hardhat liner which is removable for servicing the inside of the helmet.

I just want to see how other people have tackled the same problems. The biggest mistake I made during this helmet construction was painting first. The next one I do I will finish all of the construction then strip it down & paint it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 032.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	72830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 033.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	72831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 034.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	72832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 035.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	72833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 036.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	72834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 2 037.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	72835
    Nov 12, 2013, 1:30 AM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #2

Edit***realized this was for Jango Fett....

Wah wah

Never saw that skirt before on a Boba lid. That must get pretty hot in there!
    Nov 12, 2013, 2:03 AM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #3

I think the inside of a Boba lid would be fine. This is really to see how other people have set up their rigs. And yes, the helmet gasket does keep in the heat, so a fan is mandatory.
    Nov 12, 2013, 10:15 AM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #4

Why was painting first a major problem?
    Nov 12, 2013, 11:27 AM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #5

Every time I needed to work on it I was scuffing or damaging the paint somehow. I had to do touch-ups in a couple of areas & the weathering hid the rest. It took me twice as long as it should have.
    Nov 18, 2013, 6:46 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #6

No one else wants to play?
    Nov 18, 2013, 8:22 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #7

Where do yall get the fans? And any recommendations for a preferred visor? I need one for a Jango and one for a Boba lid.....
    Nov 18, 2013, 9:13 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #8

Quote bigkidbiggertoys said: View Post
    Every time I needed to work on it I was scuffing or damaging the paint somehow. I had to do touch-ups in a couple of areas & the weathering hid the rest. It took me twice as long as it should have.
    This is partially why when I do need to do extensive work on the interior after painting, I'll generally rest the helmet on a few towels or even a couple pillows to avoid this issue. Are you clear coating the paints at all?
    Nov 18, 2013, 10:12 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #9

I got my fan off ebay & found the smallest one. I make my own visors out of smoked acrylic & heat & bend myself. I am going to try the welding visor next time though if I can find them in my area for a reasonable price.
    As far as the paint, I didn't clear coat anything but that wouldn't have helped. I did have the helmet resting on towels but the next time I will definitely do ALL of the construction work first, then paint. I was just too eager on this one & wanted to see some progression so I painted first. It all worked out in the end but took more time than it should have.
    Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #10

Quote bigkidbiggertoys said: View Post
    I got my fan off ebay & found the smallest one. I make my own visors out of smoked acrylic & heat & bend myself. I am going to try the welding visor next time though if I can find them in my area for a reasonable price.
    As far as the paint, I didn't clear coat anything but that wouldn't have helped. I did have the helmet resting on towels but the next time I will definitely do ALL of the construction work first, then paint. I was just too eager on this one & wanted to see some progression so I painted first. It all worked out in the end but took more time than it should have.
    I ordered this not too long ago for a recent Dredd helmet commission. It's not that thick, so it's not accurate in that sense, but it was pretty easy to cut.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770580-...=welding+visor

I had a similar instance working on a previous Jango commission, where I realized I should have started fitting the visor prior to paint (I've never done the bolt/nut method, only high-heat hot glue). I remember I was forming the visor via the boiling water and the use of a heat gun for direct corrections. I had the helmet laying on a towel, face down for the fitting. I didn't realize that the heat coming off the visor was affecting the outside, and, although it was fine, the towel was starting to stick to the painted surface.

I've learned a lot since then...
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Nov 19, 2013, 5:24 PM - Re: Show Off Your Bucket Inside! #11

I'm about to begin my first bucket and really like your pics. I have also thought about using some strapping from a hard hat or something for comfort and placement. The fans is cool too. I helped a friend with one for a Fallout New Vegas Ranger setup. Apparently you should never do a parade without one, heh. Thanks for the thread!