Should the armor be dull or shiny?

From
    Orange County, CA

Should the armor be dull or shiny?

Hi guys,

Short story: Should the armor be a dull silver (as pictured), or should it be metallic & shiny? I'm under the impression that shiny w/ some weathering seems to be preferrable. P.S. Don't be too harsh on the suit pictured; I know it needs work.

Long story (kind of a WIP):
    I acquired an old Jango suit a number of months ago (RA armor and Rubies bucket w/ add fiberglass) and I work on it once in a blue moon: got temporary boots, painted boots, fixed the broken knees, tried to fix and then messed up bucket, ordered new LSFU vest/fs (accurate colors and custom fit). I am in the process of getting an accurate collar. Since I need to have the color of the collar match the rest of the armor, I was thinking of just rub'n'buffing the whole thing to make it easier and shinier. Otherwise, I'll have to try to match the silver paint which may be too daunting of a task. Is there a general consensus on the armor color/brightness? Dull silver or shiny metal (with some slight weathering of course)?

P.S. I also have to fix the girth belt and may need to get a new bucket. I have gaunts and blasters, but they are just not pictured. I don't recall who made the leather goods (maybe RA?).

Thanks, all.

Yvette
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 208-jpg   196-jpg  

From
    Irvine, CA

Re: Should the armor be dull or shiny?

Shinier than the suit pictured, but not chrome.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i'm pretty sure you answered your own question. rub'n'buff the whole thing then weather it. personally, my jango will be ridiculously shiny before i start making it dirty. but that's mostly because i can.

From
    Orange County, CA

Thanks. I just wanted confirmation, I guess. Off to find some rub'n'buff..........

Yvette

From
    Orange County, CA

Hi all,

I've rub n buffed the armor and it looks great. I've left it alone for 2 weeks but it still rubs off some when I touch it. I've researched old threads and have found that some people sort of clear coat it with a form of floor wax. Anyone want to confirm that it has worked for them?

Yvette

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

if it's still coming off to touch, then you probably didn't buff it enough. once you get the wax hot enough with friction, when it hardens, it should be there for good.