Okay... Finally I have had a few evenings respite from homework and have been able to start work on my eagerly anticipated Jango Fett costume... Over the last few days I have cut out all the plates of armour (minus the knees) from the sintra I got while I was on holiday over the school holidays... I have also started to assemble and modify the pepakura boba fett gauntlets that I will be using for auckgeddon, a local event in mid-late october and until I can make another more accurate, less rushed pair.
These two pics are of the armour plates cut out. They have yet to be shaped, and the edges still need to be smoothed etc.
These are the partially modified gauntlets that I will be fibre glassing for auckgeddon. They still need lots of work and the different parts are being held together with blu-tack for these pics
This is the urethane helmet Dave (BH-2114) has kindly given me to use for this costume. It requires lots of work/moding/reinforcment to it as it is a faulty/reject cast but is certainly a large step up from the paper mache and corrogated cardboard helmet I was sporting for my custom mando at wellygeddon09, a local event in early april (see below)
I have a half day of school today so hopefully i will get the knees cut out, a bit more done on the gauntlets and if I have time I will start modding the helmet and cutting out the fabric for the flight suit. I'll hopefully post pics later this evening.