Subscribe
  1. Kr0nk
    Nov 10, 2002, 10:24 PM - Merged: Re: Mods to the Rubies Jango helmet #101

Sounds cool Mirax.
    Nov 11, 2002, 5:59 PM - Merged: Re: Mods to the Rubies Jango helmet #102

I'm 6'2" and I think that my 96 Don Post looks fine. Its a bit small but not really that bad. As far as the Rubies Jango goes, I think its actually a pretty decent helmet for the price. I've seen them up close and with a bit of mods, it comes out fine. Just my 2 cents...
    Nov 22, 2002, 7:17 PM - Merged: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #103

I know, I know,
    Why am I wasteing my time w/ a rubies, but I don't have the cash for a new one. If anyone has put a visor in one, what glue did you use?
    Nov 22, 2002, 9:37 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #104

Ok,
    I know it is embarassing to admit you have a rubies helmet,but I am secure enough...sort of.
    Anyway, some one has the answer.
    Nov 22, 2002, 9:48 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #105

Shawnpayne did one for mine but I have no idea what he used. Perhaps he'll post here. And don't be ashamed. I will proudly be displaying at some point the most kick ass Rubies helmet you have seen. (Granted that might not be saying much but who cares! )
    Nov 22, 2002, 9:52 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #106

I did.

I used regular craftsman hot glue (the one that is for hobbies/crafts).
    It's held up very well. I even hot glued in a piece of black felt on top
    of the inside lower part of the visor. It helps keep the "blacked out"
    look & also absorbs a lot of the my hot breath, reducing the fogging
    pretty effectively! I also added two LEDs (one blue, one green) to the
    rangefinder to dress it up a little.

Here's a shot of it:

With a little work, the Rubies isn't half bad.

Nov 22, 2002, 9:53 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #107

Do not be ashamed. Thrifty is good!
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Nov 23, 2002, 1:02 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #108

I have a Rubies Jango and I have no choice but to like it. I wish Rubies would consider making them a wee bit longer around the bottom end so it would make them fuller looking and also won't expose my neck and chin whenever I move my head up or down. I've also considered doing another T visor but so far I just added window tint inside of it because my visor was just barely tinted in the first place. I like that idea of adding the felt. Great idea!

Nov 23, 2002, 8:42 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #109

Malcfett, how did you do the LED's? They look good!
    Nov 23, 2002, 9:36 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #110

Thanks for the input gang...
    Diggin the LED's Malcfett
    Nov 23, 2002, 11:08 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #111

I have LEDs in my Boba rangefinder and all you have to do is supply a powers source but not to strong because to much power will burn them up in seconds. The LEDs I used were about 2.0 volts a piece. I used 4 so that equaled 8 volts and a 9 volt battery wasnt to strong. Then I bored out my DP range finder (a hollow one will work best), poped the top off of the R/F then ran the wires all the way through stalk. Then simply hook up a switch button (not a momentary) and a battery. There you go. If anyone needs more info feel free to PM me.

P.S. these leds DON'T blink.
    Nov 23, 2002, 11:29 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #112

TK-Fett - Yeah, that's pretty much how I did mine too.

Mirax- I popped off the Rubies rangefinder top after scoring the glued seams
    with an exacto knife. I then cut out the two plastic anchor posts inside to make
    room for the LED components. I then used the exacto knife to drill out the two
    raised bumps found on the top of the rangefinder by digging the tip of the knife
    into their center and just spinning the knife (this drills the plastic out nice & clean).
    I also cut out a notch in the bottom of the rangefinder close to the stalk for a switch.
    I then got two 3 volt LEDs (the blue one doesn't blink, the green one blinks), one
    3 volt Lithium watch battery, and a .99 cent digital watch, and a sub-mini slide
    switch (Cat. # 275-406A), and some thin gauge electrical wire, all from Radio Shack.
    I took out the battery housing from the watch, put in the battery, then saudered the
    wire connections to the slide switch. I then screwed the slide switch into the slot by
    using the provided screws and drilling in small screw holes into the plastic using the
    exacto drilling method mentioned above. I then saudered wires from the switch
    to the LEDs, bent them to fit inside the rangefinder, then closed the rangefinder up
    (gluing at just certain spots on the inside lid so it would be relatively easy to open
    up again when the battery needs to be replaced). The juice from one 3V lithium
    battery is enough to run both LEDs for a long time.

Hope this helps.

Nov 23, 2002, 11:33 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #113

Great job MalcFett. Lots simplier than what I did. Where did you get a blinking green led. Did you rig it yourself or did it come like that.
  14. Member Since
    May 2002
    Nov 23, 2002, 11:56 AM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #114

You know,
    I had nothing good to say about rubbies helmets until I almost completed mirax's.I really think this helmet has started to look pretty damn good.Even for A rubbies.I used A
    2 part epoxy to hold the tlens.I only applied it at key holding points.After it was secure I went around that with A bondo.Granted you will have to gut the helmet to get it out.
    But It is very strong and I forsee no problems.Once yu add A
    liner to the inside it looks very nice.I only hope this helps out.
    Nov 23, 2002, 1:12 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #115

Radio Shack sells blinking LEDs, and in different colors.

Nov 23, 2002, 3:03 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #116

Thanks Shawnpane,
    I never thought of epoxy. What is A bondo?
  17. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Nov 23, 2002, 9:38 PM - Merged: Re: Anyone put a visor in a rubies helmet? #117

Thanks Malcfett. Very cool. I don't know if I will be able to do this with the rangefinder Shawnpayne has installed (don't know if it pops apart) But if it does, I may try it.
    Nov 24, 2002, 1:54 PM - Merged: Rubies Helmet Question #118

What's the difference between a Deluxe Jango Fett helmet & a 2-piece Jango Fett helmet? Which is better?
    Thanks!

19. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Nov 24, 2002, 5:22 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #119

The deluxe is better, it is one piece that is like an actual helmet. The 2 piece is just that- 2 pieces a front and a back that go together. Not what you want.
    Nov 24, 2002, 6:07 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #120

Ditto...
    Nov 24, 2002, 6:41 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #121

No difference,both are crap, Don Post all the way, unless u are mirax, and look good in anything.
  22. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Nov 24, 2002, 9:17 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #122

LittleOleBountyHunter wrote:

No difference,both are crap, Don Post all the way, unless u are mirax, and look good in anything.
    Awww, aren't you sweet!
    Nov 24, 2002, 10:05 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #123

it is not a bad economic helmet, but if you can afford the DP, go for it. Some people have made the Rubies look pretty good.
    Nov 24, 2002, 11:11 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #124

From what i've seen, the Rubies Jango helmet looks pretty good, with a bit of help. It does look a bit small for the average adult, though. As for the Rubies Boba helmet It looks worse than some of the DP 97's that show up on ebay from time to time.
    Nov 26, 2002, 2:57 AM - Merged: Re: Jango Fett helmet #125

In my opinion, the Rubies delux (one piece) helmets are not TOTAL crap. I mean with a bit of work they look pretty good and you can't beat the price. Some of those Don Post helmest go for over a hundred bucks- is that worth it? I dont think so.