Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Rubies Helmet Review

Jango Fett Costume

Merged: Re: Show us your Rubies Helmet modifications

Jango_Fetts_Clone

Re: Rubies Helmet Review

Seems that you and I are about the same size. I'm 5'3". Even though this helmet is not 100% what I want, I think I'll still get one, just so I can complete my costume in time for Halloween (after a little rework). For all of those that ordered one and were upset when it looked NOTHING like the pictures on the web site, have you considered getting together and getting a lawyer to sue them for false advertising? It might finally wake Rubies up to the fact that they produce CRAPPY costume accessories. This seems to me like a fairly clear cut case of "bait and switch", showing a picture of a fantastic looking helmet, calling it a collectors edition, and shipping something that looks this bad.

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

Re: Rubies Helmet Review

Hmm, that actually isn't a bad idea and it sounds like you might actually have a case.

Merged: Re: Show us your Rubies Helmet modifications

Instead of R/B has anyone tried Rust-Oleum Clear Coat Laquer...It is really glossy and creates a shell. It is almost like fiberglassing the helmet. Paint the helmet how you want it, I used Rust-Oleum Silver, Painters touch Royal blue for the light part and Wildflower for the dark. After you paint it and it has dried put on the clear coat laquer....Your paint will never come off or dull.

Merged: WTF is a 2-piece deluxe Jango helmet?

Has anyone else come across that description of the Rubies helmet? They also say Rubies is producing high and low quality versions of the helmet?

Are they referring to the 2 dimensional open-back "mask" as the low quality version? I'm confused.

Here's what I'm talking about:
    http://www.toynk.com/catalog/jango_f...et_1318914.htm

"Pre-Sale (August/September). The Collector's Edition of the Jango Fett Helmet. Made of high quality, injected plastic. Will fit most adults. PLEASE NOTE - Rubies is producing high-quality and lower-quality versions of this helmet. This is the higher quality version."

Merged: Re: WTF is a 2-piece deluxe Jango helmet?

I've seen one of these things... they are really cheesy... not worth the money at all... And the store that sells them here has them only with the pajama costume as well...

Most of the masks I saw at our large Halloween store were all crushed in the forehead... (not dented... ) so they aren't high quality at all...

The collectors edition is made much better... Though it's more like a soft plastic latex or something rather than hard thick plastic. In other words, it can bend and is more like rubber...

okay, searching for the right words here... hope it made sense. *L*

In anycase, I'm hoping my home made one turns out at least as good as the collecters and will most likely be better than the delux.

Guri

Maybe the deluxe version comes with a decapitated head inside?

It is GARBAGE! I have seen one and tried it on. It comes in with a front and a back which are held together w/ velcro.

Mike

Quote: Maybe the deluxe version comes with a decapitated head inside?

I've only seen it paired with the Deluxe Jango costume. It comes together like the Kellog's Clone Troope helmet. But, if you can imagine this, it looks MUCH worse.

gwizah_fett

Yeah Unfortunately, before I got on this board I had a local reputable costume store pre-order a Jango deluxe for me. When it got here about a week ago, I took a look at it when the owner handed it to me. Wow, what a disappointment. As mentioned above it comes together in two parts hence the "two piece" designation, but other than that its crap. The hard vinyl Jango helmet looks better IMHO, but the shape is still way off. Im actually starting to sweat since I have a fiberglass helmet I won in a Ebay auction that is being shipped from australia and it's already been nearly three weeks and no helmet!!! I might have to get a Rubies Jango just in case.

Well, sounds like the "2-piece deluxe" is yet another helmet to ignore.

I wasn't really thinking of getting one, just curious.

Mandalorian70

It's pretty sad that they couldn't improve the costuming stuff . . .

I'm satisfied with my DP 95 helmet but I will someday get a fiberglass helmet for my Boba setup . . .

Take Care Friends

John

From
    downsampling you

its rubies, its 59 bucks.

nuff said.

gwizah_fett

Hey! I was quick to judge the rubies "deluxe" version (the 1 piece model) too, but after I sunk $70 on one this week (see above post for rationale) I have to say it really isn't that bad. Its pretty stiff vinyl, it holds its shape, clean paintjob albeit 2 colors and no pinstripes, but overall i think it's actually better than most DP's from 97-98. And I say this only because Ive seen how warped they can get...Plus you can almost get away with the stock paintjob. Most DP's Ive seen have a horrible weathering job on them.

The Dark Fett

Merged: Is the Rubies Collectors edition rotocast helm a good one to

I see two different types of rubies helms, the normal and the rotocast hard collectors helm. which is the best to purchase pleasae respond ASAP. THE DARK FETT is out.

Merged: Re: Is the Rubies Collectors edition rotocast helm a good one to

Go to the search option and type in Rubies... There is a ton of info on this site, you just have to look for it!

Where are you seeing the rubies rotocast helmet?

Mike

The Dark Fett

Its a new helmet that came out, it has the stripes and a full tented visor. I found it at two or 3 different mask shoppes in yahoo. the pictures of the rotocast helm look awesome and very detailed.

Do you have a link????? I think its the same helmet we are use to seeing though. And it doesn't come with stripes or full visor.

gwizah_fett

Yeah I think it's BS. There is no such "hard" collectors edition helmet out right now. BTW, If anyone wants a Rubies Jango with the visor area and keyholes already cut out, PM me. I have two helmets and I have to sell one.

(BTW, I had to cannabalize the rangefinder for my other helmet...It shouldnt be to difficult to replace, though it is kind of a strectch what with halloween only 8 days away.)

The Dark Fett

ok go to the ebay site and type in jango fett under the search and u'll see the helm, man u people should know this, u can go to rubies on yahoo and find it for crying out load

Let us see a real pic of the helmet not the rubies add pic.
    Eric

Kylash327

I think he is confusing the touched up Rubies photo they use all the time for a real product, which we all know does not exist.

I know a lot of people on e-bay are doing the same thing. Rubies had a good idea but thats not what we got.

Eric