Subscribe
    Aug 3, 2010, 7:57 PM - Rubber Jango knees? #1

Haven't seen this and was wondering does anyone make rubber Jango knee Armor?
    And would it look very different from cold cast knees?
    Just curious, knees i have feel a little too tight.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2010, 8:52 PM - Re: Rubber Jango knees? #2

Never been done. They would look pretty close to coldcast, but not exact. I found that Vacuum formed worked better for me. The fiberglass was too tight when I tried to bend. The plastic vac form knees have flex to them and are probably a heck of a lot cheaper. (If those rubber knees were available).
    Aug 3, 2010, 9:16 PM - Re: Rubber Jango knees? #3

Thanks.
    Yeah that's the problem as i move the knees feel like they bind then work themselves out from the knee joint.
    Will probably get a vacc formed set to see how it fits, but would really hate to break up the coldcast set it is just to good looking.
    Now i am thinking what would it take to make the molds to do a rubber knee set, not that i have any experience doing anything like that, just the curiosity getting the better of me lol.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2010, 10:42 PM - Re: Rubber Jango knees? #4

Rub and buff on the knees and nobody will know the differnece. They are far enough away from other parts, down low and most people are looking at your suit as a whole, not parts. You'll be fine.
    Aug 3, 2010, 10:53 PM - Re: Rubber Jango knees? #5

i think cruzer started working on these a while back, but then i don't know what ever happened with it.
  6. Aug 4, 2010, 2:09 PM - Re: Rubber Jango knees? #6

Would be nice to see a maker of jango rubber knees. Know someone makes boba rubber knees.