Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 16, 2012, 10:35 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #51

Quote Ribann said: View Post
    I definitely agree on both counts

I will fix the thighs and fade the jumpsuit more.

Any more fixes?
    Yeah, the whole thing just stinks....you should pack it up and send it all to me so you can start over

Just kidding, it looks great! Again, I'm no expert, but I don't notice anything else. I'm sure some of the Jango veterans can help much more than I!
    Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #52

Did Jango have a thong strap thing like Boba for the cod and butt plate?
    Mar 16, 2012, 11:32 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #53

LOL...yep...time to scrap it all and head back to the drawing board

Not sure Archaster.
    Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #54

Wow, fantastic. I'll be happy if mine comes out half as good as yours. I do think the Jet Pack is supposed sit a little higher up, but then again... what do I know?
    Mar 16, 2012, 11:46 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #55

Can I ask what you are wearing underneath the helmet? It looks like you didn't go with a skirt. (I'm not going with a skirt, after reading about all the complaints about heat / oxygen)
    Mar 17, 2012, 12:19 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #56

I definitly like a bit more purple to the FS, and some fading. The girth needs to come up for sure. The jetpack needs to come up several inches. Think about the fact that you wouldn't want the jets firing off on your backside. If you bring it up much higher on the backplate it will sit more up and down with your back.

And there is no Jango thong, that is only a Boba thing.
    Mar 17, 2012, 1:32 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #57

Quote TommyFett said: View Post
    Wow, fantastic. I'll be happy if mine comes out half as good as yours. I do think the Jet Pack is supposed sit a little higher up, but then again... what do I know?
    Thank you. You are right about the jetpack sitting up a bit higher. I forgot to attach the front elastic straps of Seeker's harness to my cod piece, which would lift up the girth and the jetpack.

Quote TommyFett said: View Post
    Can I ask what you are wearing underneath the helmet? It looks like you didn't go with a skirt. (I'm not going with a skirt, after reading about all the complaints about heat / oxygen)
    I bought a painter's hood at a local hardware store and dyed it. It isn't too hot. I had one of my good friends make the skirt, but I could barely breathe after installing it. I'm going to be sweating enough as it is, so I need the air circulation to my face

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    I definitly like a bit more purple to the FS, and some fading. The girth needs to come up for sure. The jetpack needs to come up several inches. Think about the fact that you wouldn't want the jets firing off on your backside. If you bring it up much higher on the backplate it will sit more up and down with your back.
    Sounds good When I suit up again I'll make these changes. I guess I just make a bleach water solution and dip the flight suit in it?
    Mar 17, 2012, 2:23 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #58

instead of dipping it, put the bleach solution in a spray bottle. Hang the flight suit up and mist it. Then wash it to get the bleach to stop. Repeat this until you hit the tone that you want. I did this with about a 10 to 1 mix of water to bleach and it worked well.
    Mar 17, 2012, 12:58 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #59

Quote Ribann said: View Post
    Sorry to steal Dynamic's photography style, but here is what I have so far. I have all my pieces and should have final pics up soon.

LOL...just saw this..gotta do what u gotta do Looks great!
    Mar 17, 2012, 10:26 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #60

Thanks Dynamic

So I started to adjust the things I needed to adjust:

1) Move thighs more inward (easy fix)
    2) Move girth higher to close the gap between ab armor
    3) Change flight suit color (not an easy fix)

By the way, I am almost 6'1". I notice that Temuera Morrison was around 5'7". Is there anything you tall Jangos do to work out the proportions? I notice my neck really sticks out, and that partly due to my height. I notice a lot of the Jango around here have their helmet pretty flush with their collar armor.

I do have a big head. Perhaps an Asok CC isn't the right helmet for me? Maybe I need something bigger?

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.
    Mar 17, 2012, 11:09 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #61

Not too bad for first try at changing the color :P

Mar 17, 2012, 11:53 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #62

One more pic. This is looking a little better....

Mar 18, 2012, 12:19 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #63

The FS is looking good.
    Mar 18, 2012, 1:25 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #64

dang dude, you're looking good so far!
    Mar 18, 2012, 8:17 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #65

Can certainly see a big difference!
    Mar 18, 2012, 9:41 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #66

I agree. The jumpsuit is looking much better than before. The color isn't as strong and looks faded like it's needed a serious wash or two due to intense bounty hunting.

Weather it's Boba or Jango, taking time to work with the jumpsuit like that can really pull a troopers outfit together. Looks awsome man!
    Mar 18, 2012, 10:28 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #67

Ad a little hint of heathering on the jumpsuit, and you'll be good.

Nice turnaround.
    Mar 22, 2012, 6:36 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #68

Weathering will come later tonight. Any last advice on adjustments? I have a garrison member coming over tomorrow help me suit up and take pics for 501st acceptance. Speak now or forever hold your peace

Again, sorry for the bathroom shot I tried to edit out the toilet paper in Photoshop haha

Mar 22, 2012, 8:02 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #69

I was about to make a joke about missing a glove when I noticed the iPhone...yeah those things don't work so great with a glove on, so they?
    Mar 22, 2012, 9:10 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #70

the jumpsuit looks much much better dude, I love it! I would be surprised if you didn't get 501st status! The only thing that might mark some points down would be the creases in your belly armor. Both Jango and Boba had the same smooth curvature if I remember right but that could be an easy fix depending.

Good luck. You should be proud!
    Mar 22, 2012, 9:10 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #71

Hey! those gauntlets are on backwards... and so it the range finder, you have it on the wrong side of the helmet just kidding man.

Yeah looks good, the only critique I see if that the collar needs to sit flatter and the thighs may be a smidge to close to the cod piece and could be dropped (towards your knees) about an inch or half an inch... but those are minor things, it looks awesome man!

Both Jango and Boba had the same smooth curvature if I remember right but that could be an easy fix depending.
    - No, Jango had the hard edges on the sides of the belly plate.
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Mar 22, 2012, 9:35 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #72

Looking awesome bro! I am sure you will get the approval soon as a Bounty Hunter!
    Mar 22, 2012, 9:56 PM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #73

yeah the thighs need to move farther out on the legs, they should fit more toward the outer thigh..
    Mar 23, 2012, 1:28 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #74

Okay, well, I am kinda standing at a angle, so that might account for why they look so close in, Mullreel. I will double check tomorrow though

TLobe, as soon as I took that photo I attached an extra snap to each side of the collar armor to make it sit flatter. Looks much better

I think I will drop the thighs down a tad.

Thanks for the critique everyone. I will post photos again after I receive my BH status.
    Mar 23, 2012, 9:09 AM - Re: Ribann's Jango Fett #75

Yeah, it looks really good to me.