Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

***Official Thread - Vest and Gloves

Migrate from As You Wish

Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest

Read this thread (all three pages): http://forum.thedentedhelmet.com/vie...orum=9&start=0
    According to WhoJedi (who actually dressed the Jango mannequin at Celebration II), it is charcoal gray.

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: Jango Vest

The gloves are actually blue leather. They don't match with the flight suit but with the gauntlets in between, who cares.

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: Jango Armor Vest Question

Originally posted by SITHcamaro:

I used an old leather jacket, and got some padded lining from the store. As for a pattern, I did not use one. I simply took a vest that I had, and traced it's shape onto the fabric (leaving extra material around it). It was actually not very difficult, and looks great! (

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Vest pattern

Originally posted by LisaFett:

I used a cheerleader pattern from Simplicity, #9806.

Alterations:
    1. Lengthened and change the long version of the neck
    2. Shorten the short version of the sleeves.
    3. Add silver piping where sleeve attaches to vest
    4. Double layer with polyester batting in between
    5. Quilt stitching lines into sleeves
    6. Cut and sew the back with an upside down "u" shape instead of straight across. It doesn't show under the back armor, and it is MUCH cooler this way. I mean, yeah, I'm female and all, but I really don't understand when people say the Fett outfit is hot. If you sew it with the right modifications, it does not have to be hot at all. I've worn long underwear in mine, just to keep warm, and I live in Southern California.

The zipper is already in back, so you don't have to worry about that. You can also omit attaching the neck. There was really minimal altering to do.

darthtater2

Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest

Yes, after much research, I've come to the conclusion that the vest is a dark gray, not a black. Even upon close inspection of the actual movie, it looks dark gray.

Merged: Vest stuff...

Ok, Im gettin the vest together, now, how do i attach the snaps and such to the vest, do i sew those on, and what size does everyone recommend, Seeker, what size did u use...

From
    Richmond, VA

Merged: Re: Vest stuff...

Sew on snaps won't be strong enough. You'll need the kind that you will have to punch thru the leather. Then glue the other side to the armor pieces with some super strong glue like epoxy or J.B. Weld. You can buy a pack of these snaps at Wal-Mart. They come with a little setter tool for attaching them to the vest.

I made my vest out of vinyl. I am curious if industrial strength velcro will hold. It is working on my sons vest. Can I use the snaps on my vinyl vest?
    Thanks,
    Mike

wll mgr, im usin vinyl, so i think it will.

Yes,snaps work very well on vinyl.

gwizah_fett

Merged: Re: I'm about to buy the cabretta gloves and......

Well here's a pic of the gloves Im thinking of getting...

http://www.toughgloves.com/pages/d216l.jpg

Unfortunately, the guy I emailed says that the leather they are made from is very thin, and usually only comes dyed in black. The only way to get a "gunmetal grey" would be to contact the manufacturers directly, and have them specially dye a batch. Maybe another option would be to find them in white and then "attempt" to dye them?

Perhaps we can find a style, decide on a color, and see if we can find a manufacturer that would be willing to do a small run of Jango Fett gloves for us?

From
    Bountiful, Utah

I thought the actual gloves were a dark blue color.

Maybe whojedi can back me up on that?

Yeah, they ain't black. A dark blue or sorts.

But Gwizah, those gloves don't have the wrist-snap. Go back to the police gloves on toughgloves.com and look for the thin cabretta with snap. http://toughgloves.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi/page=police.htm

THe big pic is kinda crummy (at least it is on this monitor I am using right now):

I figure if you get a glove size that's bigger than your hand, maybe you can wear another glove inside to give it that slightly thicker look that the real Jango gloves have.

The gloves are a dark blue. They were very simple and smooth on the top (seamless on top, I mean). I actually have to go look for some, since that is about all that I haven't taken care of.

Now you guys got me all worried...

gwizah_fett

Squirk, where exactly did you see a wrist strap on the jango gloves? I was under the assumption that it just had a groove like those I posted.

Whojedi since you are THE MAN when it comes to Jango details, do you remember wether the gloves had a snap on them?

Alright, I thought that I was right on this, but I had to verify with a source to confirm. Whaddaya know, I was right...anyway, I am really probably going to be throwing everyone for a loop here, but here goes...

The gloves did not have any snaps on them, they were simply slip on gloves. The unique thing about them is that they had elastic around the bottom of the gloves. We actually tucked the jumpsuit sleeves into the gloves to help secure it since the gloves had elastic. Which therefore made closing and fastening the gauntlets a biatch.

Should have probably posted this earlier, but being new to this whole costuming thing, I NEVER thought that you all would get that detailed. Well, obviously I was wrong and now you have all dragged me down with you. Damn you all!!!! Just kidding, I love this.

gwizah_fett

So what you are saying is basically:

That looks like a wrist slit to me...Albeit the elastic wrist sounds good. Maybe they sent the elastic wristed one to Cel2 to **** off the guys trying to dress the mannequin?

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

<B>Merged:</B> Re: I'm about to buy the cabretta gloves and......

Honestly, I think if we can find something in the right color, I don't think the wrist will matter so long it is long enough to go into the gauntlets. I just can't find any in a color that is even close.

I agree, the problem is finding a style in the right color.

That definately could be a wrist slit on that picture, they did use two different costumes for the movie, but I would guess that they had alot of different gloves, especially while filming the Kamino scenes. Or there could have even been a slit on the gloves I handled, even with the elastic. The slit just wouldn't be open at the bottom because of the elastic.

If it is a slit, it almost looks like it is too close to the thumb, though. Kinda like it might be something sticking out of the inside of the gauntlet. Just can't tell.

Frankly, I thought it looked stupid to have an exposed wrist. Like Boba, it just seems that the gloves should tuck into the gauntlets so that no skin appears.

I bought some deerskin hunting gloves from walmart for 15 bucks. They are a faded black, and under some light, look the exact blue, and in others its black. But for 15 dollars, and how accurate they look on the issue of the seams, its one of the best if seen.

From
    Bountiful, Utah

In which department at Wal*Mart did you find your gloves?

I looked in a couple of different areas of the store and
    found no such thing!!!

I found a ton of leather gloves, but they were all light tan, brown, etc.

if there is one thing I noticed about my move to chicago, state to state, things sold differ ! In cali, you aren't going to find a glove. In Il, you find gloves in about every department store ! give it to end of november, trust me, the gloves will be quite abundant.

BTW- Squirk, good seeing you here you ol' RPF rascal.

I further checked out the site that Squirk recommended and found so many good candidates for design, but the freaking color is what bugs me !!! Keep looking guys...at least we know where to get good gloves if blue is not around, so thanks squirk !

BTW- it would be weird to meet you...I am still expecting comic book guy telling me "Worst Jango EVER" Supposedly, there are a lot of fetts up here, like Seeker.

Just got back from my local Wal-Mart and they had a ton of the deerskin hunting gloves in all sizes. They are EASILY the closest I have seen to the real deal, they even have the elastic around the bottom. But, they only come in black. They don't look bad in the black, just not quite the right color. If I cannot find a blue pair before October, these will definately be the ones that I purchase.

EDIT: Just found this pair as well online, once again, in black...

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/c...tm/sp=d301.htm