Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Migrate from As You Wish
    Apr 21, 2002, 10:27 PM - ***Official Thread - Vest and Gloves #1

In My opinion, from the high res pictures ive seen, the vest certainly looks to be charcoal grey rather than black. Thats what Im doing mine with, i dont think it contrasts against the coveralls as much.
  2. Migrate from As You Wish
    Apr 21, 2002, 10:27 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Jango's vest - black or dark charcoal grey? #2

I was just wondering the same thing. But I think for now I'll stay with the black.

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangovest20.jpg>

3. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #3

I found these

but his gloves are not black..
  4. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #4

I think the C2 stuff could of been made just for that..I know that the R2 that appeared is the only one IML has evermade.

5. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - <B>Merged:</B> Re: Frisking gloves found? #5

Hey, what about these:

RCMP Dress Uniform Gloves - http://www.toughgloves.comThe only problem is the stitching on the back of the hand, but they are black, have an extended cuff (which can tuck into the gauntlet) and has the wrist snap. Maybe we could find other RCMP gloves without the stitching?

Those "Thin Cabretta with Snap" just look too short when compared with that Insider closeup.

6. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #6

The ones I got are the GIMBEL FRISK and SEARCH GLOVES . They are only TEN BUCKS! And im pretty happy with them.In my opinion there are better things to spend 50+ dollars on when making this Jango suit!
  7. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Frisking gloves found? #7

There are frisking gloves available at http://www.swatools.com but there's a REALLY lousy picture. I'm going to e-mail them to see if there is any stitching on the back. They're around $35. Just thought everyone would want to check it out.
  8. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #8

Perhaps some more options at http://www.cheifsupply.com/cat_gloves.phtml
  9. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #9

More? http://www.thepolicestore.com/hatch.htm

Am I getting too carried away?
  10. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - Merged: Re: Frisking gloves found? #10

I am using some motrcycle gloves that are gauntlet style. I thought I could attach some velcro and keep my gaunlets in place. I don't remember the brand name but I got them at Workwear World for about $35. There is no stitching on the back. Pics will have to wait until my other project are ready to be photographed.
  11. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - <B>Merged:</B> Re: Frisking gloves found? #11

I believe the gloves used were the following:

http://www.toughgloves.com
    Search for : CABRETTA THIN WITH SNAP
  12. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 27, 2002, 9:28 AM - <B>Merged:</B> Re: Frisking gloves found? #12

I would have thought that the gloves would have a bit of a cuff so that there'd be no gap between the end of the gauntlet and the beginning of the glove. The Jango pics certainly look like the glove extends a bit past the wrist.
  13. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 28, 2002, 2:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Jango Gloves- Just Noticed... #13

they don't make leather flight gloves or short version..
    Jangos gloves are not flight gloves..
  14. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 28, 2002, 2:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Jango Gloves- Just Noticed... #14

Now don't rule out that they aren't flight gloves just yet. There's also the possibility that they are modified flight gloves. Props in the SW universe have been known to be modified every day things
  15. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 28, 2002, 2:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Jango Gloves- Just Noticed... #15

There's also a very good chance that they're all leather driving gloves (snap under the wrist) that just mimic the flight glove pattern in the palm/ thumb area.

-Sarge
  16. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 28, 2002, 2:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Jango Gloves- Just Noticed... #16

I was looking through the Jango Fett kiddie novel at Walmart earlier, and noticed something about his gloves I haven't previously seen- There's a thin (1/2") placket (sp?) seam going up between his thumb and forefinger like on nomex flyers gloves (see the tan one on the left)

Could these be some all-leather, shortend flying gloves?

-Sarge
  17. Migrate from As You Wish
    May 28, 2002, 2:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Jango Gloves- Just Noticed... #17

Good eye Sarge!

I've been thinking lately that they look a bit too thick/padded to just be tight police frisking gloves. When he makes a fist etc the material bulges out a bit. Are these gloves a bit thicker?

-Douglas
  18. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 13, 2002, 10:09 AM - Merged: Re: Jango Vest Info Needed #18

The material is called Ultra leather. It's a synthetic leather material.
  19. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 13, 2002, 10:09 AM - Merged: Re: Jango Vest Info Needed #19

I had mine made from a old cop leather jacket. Just cutting and sewing thing back together like the real one. Cut the sleeves etc.

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangovest1.jpg>

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangovest6.jpg>

20. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 13, 2002, 10:09 AM - Merged: Re: Jango Vest Info Needed #20

2nd hand store or try an army surplus store. They are very common. I think state troopers were them more.

but remember it needs to be revesed. My buttons are in the back. You could ad a zipper if you want. Or maybe do a search on ebay or something.

good luck!
  21. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 13, 2002, 10:09 AM - Merged: Re: Jango Vest Info Needed #21

I made my vest myself. I used a Kwik Sew #2936, it's a sleeveless shirt that worked very with just some minor mods. I used a soft grey vinyl.
  22. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 14, 2002, 2:08 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest #22

Just wanted everyone to know that if you need a vest, and are not going to make one you should go ahead and purchase one from bigkidbiggertoys- they are pretty amazing. i just got mine and am VERY satisfied. it was made to my EXACT measurements and is made of a material that looks like leather, but is not plastic or anything- it breathes very well- amazing stuff. just wanted to give him a plug! by the way- his jango jumpsuits are amazing too!
  23. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 14, 2002, 2:08 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest #23

For those of you who have made your own vests (and gloves) from scratch and did not use leather from old jackets or vests, what kind of leather did you use. I've looked at a few leather shops online (Tandy for one) and there are so many types of leather. I've never sewn with leather so I don't know what to use. I can't use anything that needs a special sewing machine, need to be able to sew on my own machine. Any suggestions, experiences? I'm ready to start on my vest and gloves now that my jumpsuit is done.
  24. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 14, 2002, 2:08 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest #24

When making clothing items, look for Garment Leather or Chrome-tan Leather.

This is a type of chrome-tan leather which is usually drum dyed and split to a thickness of one to three millimeters. The drum dying allows the pigments to penetrate the leather giving it a much softer feel and richer, deeper color. Depending on the thickness, it is used for skirts, dresses, jackets, and pants.

I've only worked with Vegtable-tanned leather so far, and it might also be an alternative. You'd probably want to stick with a lighter weight, like 4-5oz, maybe even 6-7oz.

EDIT:::
    By the way, you can run all of these through a standard sewing machine...just be sure to use a heavy duty needle.
  25. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 14, 2002, 2:08 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango Vest #25

You are correct, the vest and gloves are not black, and gun metal grey is probably right on the color. It is simply a dark grey leather.