Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Aug 1, 2002, 12:45 AM - Official Thread - Stubby (arena) Jetpack #1

Whoo! This was a TON of work. TONS of improvements. If anyone's interested, I'm selling off a few kits to make up the molding costs.

Email (don't PM)
    Impervium@aol.com

and don't forget the classic version

Polyglass hollow bodies, resin cast details. THese are really pro-looking.
    Sep 11, 2002, 11:10 AM - Merged: Merged: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #2

I have been trying forever to decide between the classic or stubby jet pack for jango....what do you all like better?? Anyone for something bad about the stubby as far as wearing it....? pros/cons What do you think is more jango?? just trying to get somne info to help me decide thanks everyone...dan
    Sep 11, 2002, 11:20 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #3

I am eventually going to get both, but I definately am leaning towards the stubby. Just something different. But, I like the way both look, the stubby one just looks more Jango, in my opinion.
    Sep 11, 2002, 11:23 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #4

I personally am going with the stubby.

Not because I like it better or because
    I feel it is more Jango, but simply because
    I think there are fewer stubby Jangos than
    the other.

Now if I only new of an inexpensive way to make it!!!

Any ideas?

What do others plan to do?
  5. Jango Fett Costume
    Sep 11, 2002, 11:36 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #5

I'm going for the classic for 2 reasons. I've always liked it ever since I was about 10 years old. And 2, cuz I think that was Jango's 1st choice of a better pack. I mean, he wore it till it got busted THEN moved to his "back up" pack, the stubby. That goes with anything. You would use your best baseball bat until you broke it and then move up to the lesser one. Ok, dumb analogy, but you know what I mean... Plus, I think the stubby one looks small and weak. I would only get the stubby one if I've made a Bobba Fett costume with the classic pack, but I didn't. This will be my 1st costume.

Gino
  6. Kylash327
    Sep 11, 2002, 1:10 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby #6

I plan on going with the arena version because 1. It matvhes and 2. it's smaller, lighter and you wont have to be paranoid about smacking that big rocket against a door enterance.
  7. gwizah_fett
    Sep 11, 2002, 1:24 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #7

Looks like its gonna be stubby for me as well. Most likely I'll use some sintra and vacu-forming. Probably fiberglass for the back, since the strengh/weight ratio is the best.

Maybe a balsa frame for that FG to lay on first. I think the stubby seems a bit easier since it's less detailed. Will probably come out cheaper too IMHO.
    Sep 11, 2002, 1:57 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #8

Stubby here! Seems smaller, which is important for me. I will probably be trying my hand at scratch building it.
  9. FettsBounty
    Sep 11, 2002, 3:19 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby #9

Kylash327 wrote:2. it's smaller, lighter
    Umm, the one I've picked up is just as heavy as the classicpack. Just thought you'd like to know

Anyway, I like the Stubby pack better but I have the classic pack simply because that's the only one that was avalible at the time I started my costume

-Austin
    Sep 11, 2002, 4:51 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #10

stubby McStubbington...it is more jango-ey if there is such a term. But I do like the fact that there is a Missile on the other one , you know. Ultimately, both for me as well.
  11. Fett Gal
    Sep 11, 2002, 8:32 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #11

Stubby!! I think it looks more like Jango than the classic. Plus the first JP I made was a classic and it got damaged beyond repair, so after two more attemts at a classic, I think I'll try a stubby next. I'm ready for a new challenge!

12. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 11, 2002, 9:11 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #12

darksidedesign - I could make it for 35 bucks! It would weigh about 3 pounds. Go to http://www.azeem2000.com

I like the Stubby for Jango. Definately.
  13. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 11, 2002, 10:13 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #13

I'm going with the classic so I can use with either suit.
    Sep 11, 2002, 10:58 PM - <B>Merged:</B> <B>Merged:</B> Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think clas #14

I think I am going with the stubby. It looks compact yet powerful to me.

Mike
  15. Vec Toryn
    Sep 12, 2002, 8:32 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #15

Stubby all the way!
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Sep 12, 2002, 4:57 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #16

I am going with TK 9120 on this one I can switch back and forth and be more accurate than if I throw the stubby on Boba's back.
  17. SITH HUNTER
    Sep 13, 2002, 12:29 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #17

Stubby for Jango, just so that I will have two. Classic for Boba and the stubby for Jango.
    Sep 13, 2002, 1:07 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #18

Stubby for Jango. I was going to do an ESB JP for Boba, but if I did the ROTJ Boba JP, I could use it with Jango, couldn't I?

Hmmmm....
  19. Soju
    Sep 13, 2002, 4:30 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #19

LisaFett, how much did it cost you to build your jet pack? Do you have more detailed instructions anywhere?
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 14, 2002, 9:46 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #20

It cost about $35. The only instructions I've got are on my website. The site's in the middle of getting revamped, but both my father and I have ended up in the hospital during the past month, so I've been a little busy. I'll have the tutorials back up soon, with a lot more pictures. Plus, I'm going to trace the pattern out and copy them off, due to popular demand.
  21. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 16, 2002, 7:41 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #21

Well my brother is going to go with the stubby jet pack mainly because I'm doing the classic for my boba fett. I also think it looks cooler for jango.
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 18, 2002, 1:50 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #22

Okay, jet pack tutorial is available. It's 5 pages long, so email me if you want to be a Beta for it. The patterns are traced, but I've got to see about copying them. stubbzilla@yahoo.com
  23. gh0stdevil
    Sep 18, 2002, 12:10 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #23

Well, as far as which do I like better overall, I love the big rocket. But for a Jango costume, to set apart from all the Bobas you almost have to go with the Stubmeister. I'm hoping my Jango partner will go Stubby...so we'll have me in my Boba and him in his Stubby Jango.

-gh0stdevil
  24. JediHunter
    Sep 23, 2002, 7:25 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #24

I'm still in the planning mode of my costume (trying to get the funds together actually) but I'm planning to do a stubby, if it doesn't work out, I'll just switch (I've got a friend with a really great Boba costume and jet pack that I can remodel)
    Sep 23, 2002, 10:06 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Hey Jango costumers what do you think classic or stubby JP?? #25

As one of the Beta Testers for LisaFett's jet pack patterns, I am probably
    going to try and modify her initial design and go with the stubby. It seems
    that the base design for each is the same, so it should be just a matter of
    throwing on some cones and thrusters under the tanks.

Easier said than done, I'm sure.

Next year is my Boba costume. I'm going to wait to do the classic then.