Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Official Thread - Jango\'s Boots

Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots

Yea, those look pretty good. I will probably stick to my $24 walmart shoes until I get an exact match.

From
    San Diego, CA

Geez, even finding the Walwart Unitis has been very difficult. I checked 7 stores and only came across 2 pairs, but they were too small. I need like a size 10.

From
    Ft Myers, FL

ATTN: for all you folks that can't find the walmart no boundries unitis boots here is an alternative...I dont have a pic but i was at kmart today and they have boots with the same soles as the walmart boots....$19.99, buy one get the 2nd half off!!! The uppers are black and very similar to the unitis uppers these are pretty much the same shoe...

JOE BOXER-
    Black slip on
    in a blue box with a smiley face

dan

From
    San Diego, CA

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I went down to Kmart and found the shoe you are talking about for 19.99 (And I picked up another shoe for only 8 bucks after the 50% off). Anyways, They are the exact same sole like you said. Black with the squared toe. The only difference was that they were not ankle high like the others and had a small stitching around them. But they are very similar and will work fine. Thanks for the heads up.

From
    San Diego, CA

I just realized that the shoes I am talking about from Kmart are the EXACT same ones that are shown on the first page of this thread from Journey's....only difference, mine were 19.99 and the Journey's one is 49.99!

BobaFett295

Jango Boots Idea

Short of finding the Kenneth Coles... There is one Great Boot mfr. New Rock boots.. We used them on several films i've worked on. Judge Dredd had them, Soldier, alot of Rock bands.. Check them out.. Most have metal trim on the outside too.. Leather does come with a price though..

Soju

Here's a question. I have the Bed-Stu Module shoe (I think that's what it's called). If I sent this guy Jim the shoes, could he just modify THEM into a Kenneth Cole look-alike, instead of trying to creat a whole new boot?

From
    Northern California

Good question. I don't have an answer though. The hold up as been finding the sole. To date, it's still the hold up.

Soju

That's just it ... the Bed Stus HAVE the sole. I was just thinking if that's the hold up, already having the sole would remedy the situation. What do you think?

Apart from any copyright infringements, couldn't someone make a mold of the sole and cast it in rubber, or does that just sound too easy?

From
    Northern California

I dunno. It sure doesn't sound hard. I had offered to send him a pair (someone here had a pair) but he wanted to wait and look for a source for the sole himself. I'm not sure if his interest is as strong as it once was. When I sent him the pics and the boot is half leather, half canvas, he didn't seem really thrilled. I may be mistaken, but...

I don't know if he'd be willing to just re-do the top into a Jango sole, but it might be worth a try.

I'm really sorry it's taken this long, and we still don't even have an answer on the project. I'll try contacting him again, and see if I can get more out of him.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

take care,

-Rex

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Where's everyone finding there Jango boots? I was in Wal-Mart today looking for No Boundaries shoes but I couldn't find the pair that was shown on this thread. I'm just starting my Jango Fett costume project and looking at different shoes that are out there. Thanks.

From
    San Diego, CA

JFett76, there is another pair like the No Boundries at Kmart. That's where I got mine. I forget the make though but they have the same sole and are black.

From
    Ft Myers, FL

they were by joe boxer, yes they make shoes apparently too. Dont remember the stock # though

Don't feel bad. I live ine a Big city and they are both all out also.

Quick Question
    Do the Kmart boots have a different toe then the Wal Mart boots. I picked up the last pair at Kmart but they are not boots they are shoes. They have the same sole as the WalMart NB's but the toe is stiched. Are the Kmart Boots Stiched?
    If not can someone look up a 12-12 1/2 in the boots. Let me know an I will send the money + S/H

Thanks
    Tak

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

Are these the joe boxer shoes from K-mart? Can you get a picture of them?

Wes

From
    Ft Myers, FL

These are not the joe boxers. They are called GBX Extreme.
    Identical to the joe boxers and the no boundries shoes we have seen in the past. I dont have pics now i can look for some on the net, otherwise it will be a few days till i can bring my digicam to the store and snap a few shots

dan

From
    Indiana

Are these them?
    http://www.finishline.com/store/cata...oryId=cat20091

They are not half bad and only $30.

From
    Ft Myers, FL

Actually those are the same company, and they are better than the ones i can get. those are mid tops, the ones i found are low tops, so those are more like boots and the ones i saw are more like shoes. and they are 10 bucks cheaper. Guys i would go for them, i might actually buy a pair of them, they look better than the no boundries ones

dan

on that sane site are the ones i saw...link to them here
    http://www.finishline.com/store/cata...ategoryId=null

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

I like the hi top, but I would rather have the No Boundries or Joe Boxer ones. I may end up getting the hi top though, unless Wal Mart can order them. I would kill for a pair of Bed Stu's though.

Hi guys
    I have to ask you, I know the shoe is all wrong but what do you guys think about these Adidas soles?

DSW Shoe Warehouse has a bunch of these Adidas shoes from Germany for around $15 and I think they look real close from the side.

I may be creating a pair of "Frankenstein" shoes this summer with a pair of Wal Marts and these.

What do ya think?

Tak

I took takwolf advice and ordered a pair of GBX boots. I think they are the next best thing next to a pair of bed stu's or KC's. Waaaaayy better than the joe boxers I was using. Here is a pic of my boot with armor.

From
    Ft Myers, FL

where do you buy those at??

thanks
    dan

And they feel alot better also
    You can get them online @ FinishlineShoes.com or a Finishline store near you my have the in stock. Just call and ask for (GBX Extreme Mid Style: 145771 Black). It took a few call but I found a store that had them. Good find OPPI & Asok

Tak

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Hey GATER. Your boots look cool. How did you get that silver stripe effect on the soles? It looks excellent. I've noticed the original pic of the shoe on the Finish Line site doesn't have the silver stripe. And at that price I think I'll buy me a pair. Thanks.