Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 1, 2002, 7:47 PM - Official Thread - Jango's Boots #1

Ok, Lets get the boot discussion back on track. I think we have identified what boots were actually used in the film. There are a few alternatives that will work if you can find them. Here is the run down.

Film Accurate: Kenneth Cole - Pit Crew - No longer available

Substitutes:

Bedford Stu - Correct Sole on Various Models - No longer available

No Boundaries - Available at some Wal-Marts - Pictured below
    Thanks Mirax, I borrowed your Pic

Jul 8, 2002, 6:23 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #2

So, nobody found any online mega discount shoe place selling KC's or Bedford Stu's yet?

Bummer. Didn't think so...

Jul 9, 2002, 4:37 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #3

Here is a pic I stole off another board of the Wal-Mart shoes with Silver highlights.

4. METALBOY
    Jul 10, 2002, 2:30 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #4

I would like to make a comment which might help you guys.
    I live in NEWARK N.J. so i'm very close to N.Y. CITY ,there
    is a place called the village in N.Y. and there are lots of
    stores including a few punk rock shops with a huge variety of
    these type of style boots.If any of yous have a friend out here or would travel out this way this might be a good place
    to find these boots.Whenever i get chance i'll take a look myself and let you guys know.
  5. Xavier
    Jul 11, 2002, 11:43 AM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #5

Here are the Pit Crew Pics i have:

If this boot maker does come through i would also want a pair of 11.5

-Xavier

Jul 11, 2002, 5:13 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #6

Fetts Bounty has some Bed: Stu Modules. Hes taking pics of the soles right now, and is goin to post them!!!
    Jul 13, 2002, 2:35 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #7

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but since both Kenneth Cole and Bedford Stu use the same sole, isn't it probable that they both order from another party that only make soles? We need to find out who makes the soles KC and BS order.
  8. FettsBounty
    Jul 13, 2002, 2:39 PM - Re: The "Official" Jango's Boots Thread #8

Prada also has a boot with the same sole. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=858405768

That sole sure gets around

-Austin
  9. TX-6357
    Jul 29, 2002, 3:28 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #9

Hey folks. Just to let you know, Nordstroms still has some Kenneth Cole Mount Kilimanjaro boots left. I ordered a pair in black size 11.5. I know they are sold out on some sizes but if you know a good shoe guy that can change the polish on them well, they do have a few sizes in brown. The link for Nordstroms on this forum works but does not update itself. Might want to try manually typing it in. www.nordstroms.com I went under men shoes then typed in boots to find them. There are a few other potentials as well that might work. A pair labeled unlisted.com slick style, kenneth cole Diamond in the Rough, and Kenneth Cole Mount Fuji. Hope this helps anyone out there.
    Jul 29, 2002, 3:58 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #10

11. Kahuna1
    Jul 31, 2002, 4:44 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #11

For what its worth, if you can't find the No Boundaries, an alternative can be seen at gbxshoe.com, although it is more expensive. Just look for style 14404 (Extreme Casuals). Retail price is $55.00. I saw some in stock at Champs Sporting Goods, Windward Mall, Kaneohe, HI.

Aloha, Gregg
    Aug 1, 2002, 12:22 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #12

What do you think of this boot as an substitute. I know it's not as accurate but a decent sub. It's a find here in Canada and I was thinking of Auctioning/buying them off but only if there is a demand for them. Probably around 45-50 US.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ruffor/jangobootsub.jpg
    Aug 1, 2002, 12:43 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #13

Smooth toe is nice, but the sole is way off. The sole is what makes all of the difference in the Jango boot, I'm afraid you wouldn't have alot of luck selling or auctioning those, at least to Jango outfitters.
  14. FettsBounty
    Aug 1, 2002, 1:38 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #14

These are a good substitute....if you want to spend $110.00

-Austin
  15. tk236
    Aug 9, 2002, 7:00 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #15

Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I was in a local mall of mine and I was in the Macy's department store (mens shoes) and I accutally found a pair of the Kenneth Cole Kilimangaro boots on clearance for $46.00. There the brown pair but after spending only $10.00 there now black. So I just thought I would let everyone know in case some of you never thought to look there.

Mike
  16. TX-6357
    Aug 12, 2002, 6:16 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #16

Well 2 weeks after I placed an order with Nordstroms for Kenneth Cole Mount lilimanjaro boots, they replied and said they are no longer available. Well they never updated their site. Annoying buggers. I ordered 2 pairs of boots from them then. A pair called slick style from unlisted.com and a Kenneth Cole Diamond in the rough. They both are flat toed and they arrived today. Between the 2 I am going with the slick style for my Jango Boots. I will post pics of them tomorrow on my site and leave a link here. Take care all.
  17. Brianpettit
    Aug 12, 2002, 10:17 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #17

TK,
    Those look pretty good. I can't find the old style like everyone else. How much are those Slick Style Kenneth Coles anyway? They have a pretty crappy website if ya ask me. All I found was a contact number. Is that what you did?

Brian
    Aug 14, 2002, 8:06 PM - another alternative #18

Here is another "Jango-esque" boot. This could be used for a custom I think. It is interesting because it is the only boot I've found that has the leather/canvas combination like the KC boots.
    http://store6.yimg.com/I/mendelsons_1692_826202
  19. TX-6357
    Aug 14, 2002, 8:48 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #19

Well for some reason I cannot put the pics on my site. Getting an error. If anyone wants pics of these boots, I can send you a front and side shot of each. To answer question about the prices, the slicks were around $90 and the Kenneth Cole's were $125. I got them through Nordstroms but you can also order the slicks from main site www.unlisted.com . Here is a link to my site. It has some pics from conventions and modifications on it. Also some pics from premiere weekend.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~seangrizzly
    Aug 14, 2002, 11:49 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #20

I dont know how much help this will be. There is a store in New Orleans called "Gargoyles". We found boots that looked like Maul's there so it may be worth checking their website for Jango's. The store tends to be very pricey but they occasionally have some good sales. Try www.gargoylesclothing.com. hope this helps.

21. Oohyeah KL
    Aug 19, 2002, 8:14 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #21

Was in China yesterday and look what I found!!!

They're actually (probably obviously) bootleg Prada shoes, but it's the closest Jango-esque boots I've seen.
    Gonna go pick up some black shoe polish or something to turn it black!

And guess how much it costs? US$25.

Problem is the largest size they had was around 9.5/10, and that was brown. They had black too, but it's even smaller, like around 9 (US size).
  22. FettsBounty
    Aug 21, 2002, 12:29 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #22

Was at the mall today and found the ''Wal-Mart'' boots. I found them at Journeys. Not sure of the price, but they're there.

EDIT: Found a pic and they're not cheap, $49.99

-Austin
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Aug 21, 2002, 12:48 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #23

wow man just go to wally world their like only 17 bucks there.

Bear
    Aug 29, 2002, 7:53 AM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #24

Incidentally indeed. I got that pair of Kilimanjaro boots. I almost didn't though. My computer died 15 minutes before the end of the auction, and by the time I got it back up and running, I had like two minutes to get my butt in gear. I'm glad I was finally able to find that tread on a boot my size. I'm going to NYC for some more in depth looking next week. I hope I can find some goodies out there. Laters!
  25. gwizah_fett
    Aug 29, 2002, 8:59 PM - Re: Official Thread - Jango's Boots #25

phantomfett, what a coincidence! I was actually gonna buy those and butcher them for the sole. Fortunately I decided that paying $81 bucks for a Rubber sole was not worth it. Listen, I am thinking of possibly casting that sole and maybe pouring some cold cast urethane rubber to make a positive. Then I was thinking of mating the cast sole with a cheap "Aqua-Sock" type shoe. Maybe just gluing them together?
    I'm new here though, so I can't really ask for favors, but what If I somehow mailed you some casting supplies postage paid? Email me in my profile if you want to talk about this.