Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 22, 2002, 12:26 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #26

Actually, all of the pouches have sides to them. They is just a little bit of an inward curvature that makes them hard to see.
    Aug 22, 2002, 12:26 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #27

I made mine to... from scratch.. and of course the referrance photos on the net... (lots on that link of over 1000 images) I built mine of Sintra for the little boxes.... and I bought some Leatherett that looks pretty dead on for leather. Wrapped the stuff around the boxes... and I went to the second hand store.. bought some belts.. that were the same size... Joined the two.. to make it a bigger belt.. and also wrapped leatherett around that so it matches the boxes. I didn't make my boxes open.. that to me was gonna be a little bit more work then I was wanting to do.. Anyway.. all turned out great.. very pleased with it.. So I'll have some finished photos of my mannequin in a few days or week or two... just finishing little things up on it. Good luck.. and like Boba Phat said.. its pretty easy and sure is well worth it.. of all the money you would save from buying it...
    Aug 22, 2002, 6:47 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #28

Thanx alot for the input. I am very interested in seeing the final product.Mykull, I am guessing you used the 1/8 inch sintra? Let me know when you get a chance.
    thanx,
    Mike
    Aug 22, 2002, 7:03 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #29

I think I used the size just up from 1/8... of Sintra.. forget what it is.. but its thicker... now you can still use 1/8, it would be lighter for sure.. but I just thought that the thickness would come into factor when it was been worn... so that if it gets knocked or something... it would be a little more stronger then the 1/8, can could with hold a bit of abuse.... But hey its up to you of course.. just my 2 cents... I'll be posting images reeeeeaaaalllll soon..
    Aug 23, 2002, 1:10 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #30

i made mine from brown vinyl i got from walmart, for like 3 bucks, for 3 yards...it was on sell...Hancocks or Joanns always has it in stock...
  6. max
    Aug 23, 2002, 1:14 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #31

you wouldnt happen to have a pattern for that?
    thanx,
    mike
    Aug 23, 2002, 2:14 PM - Merged: Re: anyone taken a stab at making the ammo belt? #32

i actually used the one from OB1s Academy, but altered it for jango.... www.obiwansjediacademy.com
    Sep 25, 2002, 8:27 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #33

http://www.leatherfactory.com

search for Studs

turo
  9. Kylash327
    Sep 25, 2002, 8:38 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #34

So I should get the Button Post studs, not the Rivet Button studs?
  10. JediCostumer
    Sep 25, 2002, 9:35 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #35

I believe they're all the same.. They have the same item # anyway
    Sep 25, 2002, 9:39 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #36

make sure to order the setter also. you WILL need it.
    Sep 25, 2002, 10:17 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #37

The button studs that I use are attached with a screw, no setter needed.
  13. Kylash327
    Sep 25, 2002, 10:27 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #38

I think I'll use the ones with the setter, I've used the same kinda thing for buttons on my costume and they work nice, besides, I'm putting these in some thick foam that I'm weathering up and got to look like leather, I think the rivets will work better.
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 27, 2002, 11:17 AM - Merged: Jango Holsters #39

The prop palace sells the holster for $135, and they look alright but I was wondering if anyone had bought one from them, and do the Rubies blasters fit in them.
    Sep 27, 2002, 5:34 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holsters #40

I don't have the one from the Prop Palace, but I have heard lots of bad things about them as a whole. In fact, back in the day (Oh- alllll the way back in MAY!) I ordered one from them- never got it. After almost two months I told them to cancel and refund my money. By then I had one from Biggerkid. I just got the V2.0 one of his- its PERFECT! It fits my Rubies pistols great as well as my Metal Westars.
    If you want to save money, go with Rubies. They are good for the price. But if you are going to spend the bigger doe- go with one from Biggerkid.
  16. Redjaq
    Sep 27, 2002, 5:47 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holsters #41

I purchased one from them. It's nice, had to add some more holes in the belt even though I sent them measurements. It's not %100 accurate, but it will do for now. The rubies blasters fit perfect in them. nice and snug, almost like it was made for them.
    Sep 28, 2002, 12:16 PM - Merged: Leather weathering question??? #42

Alright, I know some of the different methods that people like Seeker have used to give their ammo belts and stuff look weathered. But, I was wondering if anyone has tried just light sanding on leather for a rougher look? I want to give my ammo belt and my holster belt a little bit of a worn look.

Anyone tried this yet?
    Sep 28, 2002, 12:46 PM - Merged: Re: Leather weathering question??? #43

Actually i have done just that whojedi. I've been messing around with sandpaper and going crazy lately with it. The more pics i see of jangos belt and see how torn and weathered it looks. The more i go towards that way. I'll get some more shots of it today. check this one out for now.

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/belt08.jpg>
    Sep 28, 2002, 12:51 PM - Merged: Re: Leather weathering question??? #44

I know that you did some of them by painting first and then sanding, but did you just sand the one in your picture? It looks good.

What type of sandpaper are you using?
    Sep 28, 2002, 1:00 PM - Merged: Re: Leather weathering question??? #45

Hey Jay,

I have lightly sanded the surface using 400 grit or finer & it just takes off the finish. It will then accept some lighter dye to highlight the worn areas. You could also water down some acrylic paint & airbrush too to add some staining & wear effects.
    Sep 28, 2002, 1:01 PM - Merged: Re: Leather weathering question??? #46

yeah not just sandpaper. To get that look, you would need a darker leather. Mine just happen to be really light. Thats why I had to dye it, then spray paint it, then weather it with acrylics - then spray again.

This picture is the total of everything that I have done to my belt. the lighter stuff is from the sandpaper. I used 600 and all kinds. You should go with 600 and if it doesnt do justice for you, then keep going harder up.

I wish that i had a darker leather. but in my mind i always thougth of dyeing it. then weathering.

hope this helps.
    Turo
    Sep 28, 2002, 1:34 PM - Merged: Re: Leather weathering question??? #47

BKBT and Seeker, both of those tips should help alot. Since mine is a darker leather, I am going to try just sanding first on some of the hidden parts of the gun belt to test it. If that works well, I will do the whole thing and then see if I need to add some paint or dye work.

Thanks guys!!!
  23. Kylash327
    Oct 11, 2002, 3:08 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #48

Does anyone know where I can find these in stores? Not online?
    Oct 11, 2002, 4:30 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #49

Try a leather shop or someone that sells horse gear, saddles, straps, etc. Other than that, I have not found anything close inmy travels.
  25. Jango Fett Costume
    Oct 11, 2002, 5:27 PM - Merged: Re: Jango Holster Stud Sizers #50

I've bought mine from www.theleatherfactory.com and didn't use the setter. I used a adjustible wrench. They ones that can me moved by adjusting the notches. Not the ones with the winding thing that adjusts the height slowly. I've opened it up a little bit and clapped it shut. It worked perfectly. I guess you just have know what kind of wrench im talking about. I tried to find a picture of it online but can't seem to find it. Sorry.

Gino