Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Oct 1, 2002, 12:24 PM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #76

I got a recast of it already. How should it be done thou,you still have to be able to fit the antena in.

Eric
  2. yoda201
    Oct 2, 2002, 4:42 PM - Merged: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #77

HI guys new here but on the rpf for quite some time, Anyhoo I got a 97 DP in trade I wanted to refinish and trade/sell its not to my liking. I asked the previous owner what type of paint he used and he told me so I sprayed it and it looks good except the silver is smooth in some spos and "dusty" in others... Any reason for this? How long should I let it dry? I plan on rub n buffing it and applying the pinstripes etc... Now is there a way to add flare, and a visor to this helmet? It is already cut to add the visor so that is no problem, I wanted to see if there was something I could get at a local wal mart to use.. I have this helm, just bought a fiberglass fett, a 95 dp I wanna turn into boba, and a rubies deluxe which I may paint and mod after this one. Anyway thanks for any tips you could give me.... Chris
    Oct 2, 2002, 4:54 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #78

Testor's Metalizer Laquer in stainless steel...that's what I used and it came out pretty uniformly even and quite nice. Then I applied the R&B and it was like....WOW!
    I got the Testor's paint at my local hobby shop. The R&B was from a Michaels' craft store.

You may want to throw in a small fan or two in there also.
    You can get two small 12v fans and run them off of two 9v batteries attached to two mini-toggle swithes. I just hot glued all the hardware right up inside the helmet (a DP97
    also).

If you need a visor I know a guy who sells them on ebay that
    I got mine from. They are really nice and fit well with just a little cutting with a dremmel involved.

Hope this helps
  4. yoda201
    Oct 2, 2002, 5:10 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #79

Thanks anychance you could help me out geting the visor? Chris
    Oct 2, 2002, 6:36 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #80

Here is a link to one of his current auctions...(I hope no one minds me putting this up!)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=720209876

Tell him that malcfont sent you!
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Oct 4, 2002, 12:37 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #81

All you have to do to add flare is stuff the helmet with some towels until it is flaring the way you like, the stick it in your car when it is hot. Let the helmet warm up real good...I'd say 10 mintues depending on how hot. Take the helmet out with your new flare...the helmet will be real soft at this point. Stick the helmet in the freezer for a while..and when you take it out...BINGO..you have flare. You might have to glue something in the helmet so that it wont go back to it's original shape...it just depends.
  7. yoda201
    Oct 4, 2002, 2:38 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #82

Cool I will try it, I was gonna heat it with a hair dryer.... Chris
  8. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Oct 4, 2002, 3:47 PM - Merged: Re: Jango painting help/adding visor and flare..... #83

Those Visors do they go inside the helmet or can you mony them flush with the face like it should be?

Eric
  9. SgtFang
    Nov 11, 2002, 9:26 PM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #84

Anyone heard any rumors about Altmann's doing a Jango soon?

-Sarge
  10. crazymike
    Nov 15, 2002, 8:01 AM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #85

Well as a new guy here starting from square one I guess this
    is the first item I must address and I must admit, I am excited !!!
  11. NightSeed
    Jan 12, 2003, 12:59 AM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #86

I would like to know more about modifications that can be done. fans, voice, motorized rangefinder. and pics of the insides of the helmets equipped with these.
    Heres some pics of my first gen fiberglass deluxe

Jan 19, 2003, 2:57 PM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #87

Nice helmet Nightseed, how about a little weathering??
  13. NightSeed
    Jan 19, 2003, 3:22 PM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #88

thanks
    I got some acrylic paint today, Im thinking of watering it down a bit and testing it out.
    Ill post pics if its successful.
  14. Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Feb 17, 2003, 1:03 AM - Re: Official Thread - Helmet #89

I wanted to address the dent question. I notice that the posts about that are from last summer, but I wanted to point out this thread:

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=4145&forum=1

which is about Jango's gaunlets being reversed. I pointed out how his gauntlets go back and forth on his arms while he's flying up shooting at Obi-Wan. At first they're on the wrong arms, then as he's looking at the pillar they are correct again. They're also reversed again as he crawls up the side of the platform after dropping Obi-Wan.

The reason for this, I would guess (as someone familiar with directing and editing film) is that they filmed it the wrong way, and in editing had to flip the image to make it right. Although with the cgi Jango, who knows anymore. The dent on the helmet may have happened when he crashed after Obi-Wan wrapped the cord around the pillar, as again, the image may have been reversed, thus he hit his head on the correct side to produce the dent, but the editor had to flip it so that the audience didn't get confused as to who was where, etc. If you know anything about directing, you should know about the axis. As I pointed out in that other thread, Star Wars films seem to ignore the axis constantly, so that the editor has to flip the negative (and this is why Imperials have their rank bars on the wrong side, etc). I also wanted to point out that Jango definitely has the dent before getting into Slave One, though I can't tell exactly when he has it. The part I noticed it was as he was trying not to slide all the way down as Obi-Wan was pulling him towards the edge.
    Apr 2, 2003, 2:27 PM - Merged: paint for helmet stripes #90

What kind of paint & color did everyone use for their helmet stripes? I was thinking of using acrylic paint.
    Apr 2, 2003, 2:36 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #91

You might want to try auto pinstriping. I got some at a local auto parts store, kragen or napa i think, and applied it directly to the painted helmet. The pinstriping comes in different thicknesses as well.
  17. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 2, 2003, 3:39 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #92

Yup, auto pinstripping! I had to re-apply after I rub-n-buffed my helmet- worked great!
    Apr 2, 2003, 9:49 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #93

You got it!! 1/8" pinstripe is the way to go. It's the only thing on jango thats fast and easy.
    Apr 2, 2003, 11:00 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #94

Pinstriping is the only way to go for those stripes. The great thing is that if you start to go out of line, you just peel it back and do it again. With paint, your screwed unless you wipe it off quick enough. That and it would be a real pain to freehand it or mask it.
    Apr 7, 2003, 3:55 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #95

Hi everyone. What's the color of the auto pinstripe that you used on Jango Fett's helmet? Was it dark blue? Thanks everyone!
  21. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 7, 2003, 4:50 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #96

black
    Apr 7, 2003, 6:56 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #97

Is dark blue okay? I just opened the package before Mirax H said black. I don't think they'll take it back.
    Apr 7, 2003, 9:31 PM - Merged: Re: paint for helmet stripes #98

BLACK
    May 4, 2003, 10:26 AM - Merged: Merged: Pinstriping the Jango helmet #99

I've never worked with pin-striping before, but I obviously need to learn now that I have a Jango helmet.

My big concern is getting the stripes parallel with the helmet ridge, as well as with each other. Any tips on doing so other than being reeeeeeeally careful?
  25. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    May 4, 2003, 12:57 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Pinstriping the Jango helmet #100

Just eyeball it and if you goof up, you just peel it back and redo it.