Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Official Thread - Helmet

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: Jango's Helmet is dented!

I meant left. Me fail english? That's unpossible.

Migrate from As You Wish

In Boba fett fight to survive,After Jango meets the untimely
    death.Boba keeps the helmet but in the book he buries jango
    in his armor.In the Jango comic Jasters helmet is the same
    color as bobas and the dent is in he same spot.

Migrate from As You Wish

Thanks Jaster...
    Now all I need is to figure out how to get that to work in my gauntlets. Actually, I first need the gauntlets...and then I can figure out how to get that to work!!!
    Shawn

From
    Montrose, PA

Merged: Jango helmet weathering??

How are guys weathering your jango helmets?

Mine is almost all painted (95 reg DP) and now I need to weather it. I have some ideas already, I just want to know what you guys that have finished yours have done.

Merged: Re: Jango helmet weathering??

I did a light circular sand with 1500 grit sandapaper to get the swirls that you see in real metal if you look at in in the light. Then I used some acrylic black & rust craft store paint, watered it down slightly, dabbed it on with a stencil brush, dabbed with a sponge to remove the brush marks & make it more random, then dabbed with a rag to remove the sponge marks. You can also get a good effect by giving the piece a wash & wiping most of the paint off. This makes it look as if it has been "cleaned". If you do this technique a couple of times the result is truly great!

jbro13

Re: Official Thread - Helmet

I'm new here, where are you all getting your Jango helmets? Are they modified Boba helmets? Or have they started selling Jango's?

JangoFett1701

To answer your question. Most of the people who are making Jango costumes are using Fiberglass ones, however some (like me) are using DP Boba Helmets that are being converted. I know Rubies is makinhg a Jango helmet b8ut from reviews from the board it isnt all that great. As for finding helmets try ebay or ask around the board. Welcome to the board. Hope this helps. Later.

Andy

Brianpettit

If I use a Don Post Boba helmet for a base what mods besides paint and a new lense(and the dent filled in)are needed to do the jango helmet?

That would be about it. The list goes on if you want goodies though; RF controlled rangefinder servo, voice changer/amplifier, ventilation fans, helmet padding/head harness, & whatever else your imagination can dream up!

From
    Montrose, PA

You'll also have to get rid of the small round circle on the right cheek and fill in the rectangle on the left cheek as well.
    neither of those are present on Jango's helmet either.

Kahuna1

Merged: Question re Pinstriping Jango's Helment

I'm working on converting a 1995 DP helmet to a Jango Fett helmet. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on making the two black pin stripe lines on Jango's helmet.

Mahalo, Gregg.

Merged: Re: Question re Pinstriping Jango's Helment

Just do a search on pinstriping & you can find it in past threads. Auto pinstriping works beautifully!

From
    Montrose, PA

Go to your local hobby shop that sells R/C cars and plane stuff, most well stocked shops will have pin stripe tape that comes in several different thickness's on the same roll that is all rolled up and packaged in a small clear tube. I have used this on my 1st Jango helmet and other projects and it works great! It'll cost $3-5.

has anyone tried the plastikote automotive paints ? I am going to use Chevrolet Blue and Pacific Blue for mine with dark accents added with airbrush flat black.

I can't wait to show you guys.

Kahuna1

Thanks for the replies. Did a search, but nothing turned up. Anyway, I'll follow-up on the autostriping and R/C car shop suggestions.

Mahalo, Gregg.

From
    Toronto, Ontario

A quick and cheaper way to do pinstriping.. (as I do when I airbrush cars and stuff) is get some masking tape.. and go around the helmet... and then mask off the area you don't want the paint to go.. and leave a area you wan the paint to obviously go.. and start painting.

Works well.. if you got a good eye and a steady hand.. Give it a try.

Soju

I had all but given upon my Jango costume. All of my armor was a bit off, and I am pretty broke. However, my wife bought me the Rubies helmet today, and voila, I'm re-inspired. The Rubies looks pretty good on me (I guess I have a small head). The only bad things I've noticed are -- there are no black pin stripes (how could they forget THAT), the licensing info is in raised print on the OUTSIDE of the helmet (on the lower back right of the helmet), and the tinted part does not go all the way down in the front (only about half way). So, it's still gonna take some work. But all in all, not a bad deal. I just hope I stick with it this time.

Soju

Won't the auto pin striping leave a seam? I'd rather use the tape type than paint it (I'm no artist), but I don't want to leave an obvious seam.

From
    Austin, TX. Originally SF CA

the stripe on the real jango helmet has a natural seam where it "runs into" the earpiece (the one with the rangefinder). So, yes- there will be a seam, but there is SUPPOSED to be one! Lucky for us, eh?

Soju

Duh. Maybe I should look before I post, huh? Thanks. Unfortunately, the Rubies earpiece doesn't go up high enough for that. The bottom stripe will hit the finder, but the top won't. But it'll still be hidden behind the rangefinder (until I lower it anyway). Yes, I know what everyone thinks of the Rubies here, but I'm telling you, it looks pretty dang good on me.

Go to yourlocal auto prts store.Look at auto pinstriping.
    You should be able to find it in diff. Thickness.Find the one that best suits your needs.After you have it on,Hit it with A
    clear coat.Bam your done.

I makeing my Jango helmet from a kit of a 95 Boba. How can i get the right ear peice to look right. It should fit into the lower ear part but that just wont work. What do i do to make that happen?

Eric

You'll have to cut off the pin that the post pivots on & glue the earcap in the lowered position. It should still work fine without the pin because there is an indent for the round part in the helmet & it shouldn't pull out. If you are worried about this you could reglue the pin or go from the inside of the helmet with a screw to the earcap.

Hay
    I know what your saying but what i mean is that it should fit into the lower piece and not stick out.

Eric

In that case, you'll have to do what I am doing & either cast a new earcap or trim the original down.