Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Official Thread - Helmet

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: Jango's Helmet is dented!

Just watched AOTC again and I can confirm Jango had the dent BEFORE he enters the Slave 1. You can see it if you watch closely when he's climbing back up the side of the landing platform, just after he releases the cord Obi was hanging from.

-Austin

Migrate from As You Wish

If I remember correctly, he gets it fightin Obi. He has it when he looses his pack and tries to grab his pistol.

Migrate from As You Wish

I honestly don't know where in the movie and will definitely be checking for it when i see it again on Sat. However, the action figure is from the final battle on Geonosis and it is dented.

Migrate from As You Wish

A Star Wars.Com Homing Beacon last week said officially that it is from when he hits his head on the Slave 1 door. ^_^; Well, guess Boba hasn't quite figured out the controls yet and closed it a bit early on Pop.

Migrate from As You Wish

I agree with Blasttech. His jet pack slams against the "curb" thing, and slams his head into the "curb".

Migrate from As You Wish

Opps, misread your question Guri. The dent is in the same spot as Boba's.

Migrate from As You Wish

The dents are in the same place, but if you compare Boba's and Jango's, they are totally different kinds of dents. Boba's is circular and jagged, where Jango's is longer and smooth.

Migrate from As You Wish

"So my theory is that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father. The ILM guys just screwed up and put the dent in the wrong spot "

maybe, but do you think he had only one helmet?..He was trained to me a Mandalorian..they have different sets of armor for different jobs..and to have just one helmet would be risky -Jango had two packs and the first one went boom and that one looked a lot like Boba's ROTJ pack..

I say he has two..and they both get dented up..

Migrate from As You Wish

I just got the deluxe action figure and it has a dent, smaller than the Final Battle figure. They are all where Boba's dent is however.

Migrate from As You Wish

There is a big chunk of time between AOTC and TESB. Boba probably either got a new helmet or hammered out the old dent. He picked up the new one along the way. The dent on Boba's helmet is obviously a blaster hit. Jango's is more a "I banged my head" kind of dent.

Actually, it is probably just an elaborate joke being put on by George Lucas to make us all go nuts trying to figure it out. He is probably reading this thread and laughing his butt off.

Migrate from As You Wish

I think they are different helmets...In the Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire comic Boba gets the dent while fighting with Darth Vader. He shoots Vader and Vader deflects the shot right back at his helmet and it makes the dent..... plus just think... Boba's helmet is green and Jangos is silver. There is also another comic called Jango Fett: Open Seasons that is out and its about the Mandalorian army and some of the Mandalorians have green, some have silver.

The Purity Knight

Migrate from As You Wish

I'm not so sure on the curb dent idea, if you watch the scene where he actually bashes his melon on the curb he hits it on the right side, in the pick way above this post, the dent is on the right.

Migrate from As You Wish

you mean left?

Migrate from As You Wish

Über Fett wrote:Bit off the subject of the helmet, but seems certain people have access to certain "pictures" and so forth. So, would anyone happen to have a picture of the blades that pop out of Jango's right gauntlet which he uses to stop himself from sliding off the edge on Kamino?

If anyone would post such a picture if one does exist, I would be greatful!

Thanks

Sorry for the poor quality.

Migrate from As You Wish

Jango has the dent before he gets on to Slave I. It is not clear how he gets it though. When he loses control and slams into the wall he hits the other side of his head. The thing is you can already see the damage, so it had to happen before the crash. His dent is not like Boba's. Boba's dent appears to be from a blaster shot and is near the front where as Jango's is more to the side/top and looks like he hit something hard and slid the helmet down the pavement scratching it up.

I have the feeling that the damage resulted from something sitting on the cutting room floor. I looks like a really close call with a lightsaber cut. Perhaps Obi got in a close slice and it scrapped across the top of the helmet, but it was edited out for time.

Migrate from As You Wish

O.k
    I don't mean to brag but I already have AOTC on video.I have
    watched this movie A few dozen times.Please don't think I am
    A ass.(I have seen it 6 times at the movies)So lucas has already made his money from me.The dent is made on the Kamino
    landing platform.It happens on the platform when he slams into
    the ground.He does not hit his head on slave 1.Also the dent
    is not in the same place.It appears to me that the dent is on
    the left side of the helmet,But is farther back.Say above were
    your left ear should be.I hope this helps to clear things up.

Migrate from As You Wish

I actully do believe that it will be the helmet that boba wears but I think that the folks at ILM screwed up again. Putting the dent a bit further back. just my 02.

Migrate from As You Wish

You are probably right Seeker, Maybe we should send a reference cd to ILM?

shawnpane wrote:......He does not hit his head on slave 1.......
    It looked like he hit his head to me but I have only seen it twice. I guess he just ducked real quick, too bad he didn't duck when Mace was swinging his lightsaber around.

Migrate from As You Wish

shawnpane wrote:The dent is made on the Kamino
    landing platform.It happens on the platform when he slams into
    the ground.He does not hit his head on slave 1.Also the dent
    is not in the same place.It appears to me that the dent is on
    the left side of the helmet,But is farther back.Say above were
    your left ear should be.I hope this helps to clear things up.
    The door on the back of Slave I nails him in the head as he is getting on board. There is a sound affect and he reacts to it, it has been acknowledged as a homage to the trooper in ANH hitting his head when entering the control room. But it is not where the damage comes from. He already has it by then.

The dent is exactly where you said it is, on the left side towards the top and over the ear.
    Here is a photo for reference:

The only thing is it doesn't appear he hits that part of his head when he crashes on Kamino.

In the novel, Boba picks up the helmet and takes it with him when he leaves, so it would make sense it is the same helmet.

Migrate from As You Wish

O.K. well
    I am pretty sure the dent does not come from slave 1s door.
    However the video I have is A bootleg and is A little dark.
    But the dent is were I said it was.Now that I think about it.
    When Jango hits the deck the left side of the helmet is up in the air.

Migrate from As You Wish

I have to echo what Seeker said... it would have been much better for the storyline had they put Jango's helmet dent in the same spot as Boba's...

What were they thinking????

Guri

Migrate from As You Wish

Alright, just did some slo-mo DVD work and got an answer from a friend on the inside.

After the Kamino battle scene, Jango does get the dent from the door of Slave I. However, the mistake that was made by ILM, is that the dent does not stay consitently in the same spot. The door dent was on Jango right hand side of the helmet. This is consistent with the dent seen when Jango captures Anakin in the droid factory. The change comes once they hit the arena, the dent moves from the right side to the left side at the top of the helmet. It stays like this for the rest of the shots. My source says that there is a chance that it will be corrected for the DVD, but it is not a top priority. Apparently they like to leave little things like that in sometimes.

On another note, I just noticed this today, slow-mo style...

When Mace cuts off Jangos head, in the shot where it shows Jangos helmet hitting the ground, just before the helmet enters the shot, there is one shadow that separates into two shadows. One shadow falls off screen, the second follows the helmet to the ground.

Hence, Jango head came out of the helmet before it hit the ground.

Alot of good that gasket did...

Migrate from As You Wish

While on the subject of Jango's helmet, did anyone else notice that when he fires the rocket on Kamino the range finder is all the way back behind his head? It is down in the 90 degree position but towards the back of his helmet. That would imply the sensor is on the front of the range finder rather than the top.

Weird thing is that would mean when it is down in the front he is looking at his feet.

Migrate from As You Wish

Actually,watch when he fires the rocket at Obi.He kinda head-buts the tower surface then when the rocket goes off,his head jolts back from the recoil.Maybe that's where the dent came from.? If it is,that helmet would NEVER take a blaster hit.LOL

Migrate from As You Wish

I read somewhere, I think in The Art Of AOTC book, Doug Chiang said that when they designed Jango, they always intened it to be Boba's armor too. After he ''inherits'' it, he makes his own little modifications to it, hence the changes to the gauntlets, paint job, etc. So my theory is that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father. The ILM guys just screwed up and put the dent in the wrong spot

Also, a neat little bit of useless information, if you've read the AOTC Visual Dictionary, it says Jango has several sets of armor. That might explain the difference between the ESB and ROTJ suits.

-Austin