Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now for my Jango

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Now for my Jango

At the end of December I got a weird urge to do another costume, it happened to be Jango. So end of Feb I finished it, and got to debut it today. It is complete minus Cruzer gauntlets.

Helmet, Chest, neck, cod, thighs, and boot armor, all BKBT.
    Shins, temporary gauntlets, Bradleyfett
    Holster Cruzer
    Girth unknown maker
    Ammo, bought off fellow member
    Jumpsuit bought and modded by me
    Vest by Bleah
    Backplate, and Jet Pack by MLC
    Boots GBX from Journeys
    Gloves random leather gloves
    Pistols resin

Yes, I know a couple pics are blurry, my camera must be messed up. And I know some things are sagging lower than normal, this was after about...6 hours of lasertag.

Well?

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Now for my Jango

Wow, laser tag in full armor? It could just be the sag, but to me, I think you may want to think about getting a smaller set of chest armor. It just looks a bit too big to me, but then again, maybe posting a pic of you wearing it not after 6 hours of running around. Its awsome otherwise

From

It was just from the lasertaging. Trust me I have plenty of pains atm from playing 9 hours straight. Girth belt kept moving, the vest kept popping out from behind the belt. The pieces aren't any bigger than my Boba armor, and those fit me fine. I just may need to add some velcro to the bottom of the vest to attach to the girth belt. Everything started sagging at that point, my holster straps on the bottom when I first started were TIGHT, at this pic you can see they dropped. But that may have been because the holster belt dropped down as well. I felt real comfortable in it until the jet pack started to take its toll on my lower back.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Uh oh ... another dual Fetter! Way to go man ... excellent choice for another costume!

It looks good, except it looks too clean. Other then that, nice job!

-Naas

From

Well, I could of swore he was clean at a point in AOTC? I mean, he was in the rain for a little bit.

dude that loocks great, but you do need weatering, spaecially on the jet pack. oh and you should cut those pants a bit; i love the helmet what kind of bucket is it?

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Darasuum_Verd said: View Post
    It looks good, except it looks too clean. Other then that, nice job!

-Naas
    I agree! Looks great, but way too clean. You feel Jango extremely well, and congratulations on the constume debut!!

From

Well, the question is, what will weathering do to RnB?

From
    Silver Spring, MD

Satxer said: View Post
    i havent noticed it damage or remove the finish if that is what you are asking. i used various watered down acrylic paints to do my BKBT bucket and it came out pretty good!

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Satxer said: View Post
    Just use some acrylic paint and Windex. Don't go overboard with the paint ... a little will go a long way.

From
    Sweden

Looks way to big, like a child in an adult size armor. Vest + plates looks bad and the shoulders are not accurate, mainly in placement. (because of vest being to big) The girth's placement is wrong and... well, let's face it. It isn't exactly "top notch" or close to "movie accurate", but as long as you like it yourself and playing around in it or whatever, I can't see why you shouldn't have some fun with it.

From
    Richmond, VA

I agree. I think it's a great start, but the armor is way too big, and the soft parts are also too big/baggy on you. It's still a lot more progress then I could have done in a couple of months.

From

Drake said: View Post
    Looks way to big, like a child in an adult size armor. Vest + plates looks bad and the shoulders are not accurate, mainly in placement. (because of vest being to big) The girth's placement is wrong and... well, let's face it. It isn't exactly "top notch" or close to "movie accurate", but as long as you like it yourself and playing around in it or whatever, I can't see why you shouldn't have some fun with it.
    I will take pics in it this week where it isn't all sagging from playing a half a dozen hours in it...

From
    United States

Looks great!
    The only constructive criticisms I have are:
    1. The yellow on the jet pack looks way too bright. Jangos JP was Orange-ish, not yellow (look at the UK fact file pics).
    2. The jumpsuit looks a bit baggy in the legs.
    3. As said before, needs some more weathering. A bit of watered down acrylic paint (black, umber, sienna) wont hurt the RnB.
    4. The shoulders on the vest look a bit too big.

Overall, I think its an amazing debut. You have excellent parts, by some of the best makers and should be very very very proud.
    Awesome job.

OSK

From
    Ohio

Thats pretty damn harsh dude, I think you need to back up a minute.

Did you guys read the part about these pics were after 6+ hours of lazertag? Try wearing Mando armor for 6 hours, things are gonna get loose and slide some, and thats not even playing lazer tag.

I've seen this outfit in person and it looks damn good. Don't change a thing.

From
    Porterville, California

Good Job!

From
    East Coast, Singapore

Saxter nice! Quick question, how tall are you? Thanks for sharing!

From
    Koblenz Germany

nice job you did. Congratulations!

From
    Sweden

Coyote850 said: View Post
    Thats pretty damn harsh dude, I think you need to back up a minute.
    I'm being honest, which is a quality that's becoming less and less common nowadays. It feels like you can do the worst costume in history (hypothetical, not directed at this thread ofc) and still get hugs, cookies and praise.

By being honest, I don't fool neither myself nor the maker of the armor. If I give an honest opinion, he will know what doesn't work and hopefully fix it in the future, in the everlasting effort of reaching perfection.

So yeah, I won't cuddle everyone for making an armor. They're one the right path, but when they have a lot left on their journey to a good armor, I will make sure they know it and doesn't give up.

This armor in question, looks good for being the first one ever, by all means. But I won't be quiet about flaws, faults and things that can (and should) be fixed/changed/corrected.

There are many awesome makers on this forum; Cruzer, runJedirun, Capt Jono etc. And the reason they are all so incredibly good and get such well results is that they pay attention to details and honestly try to do the best possible armor they can. So when I see such great armors and then see some so-so armor, the best thing to do is inform them so they can develop and become great armor makers like the ones mentioned above.

//Peace out.
    Last edited by Drake; Mar 4, 2008 at 7:15 AM.

I think it looks pretty good myself.Great job in such little time.And one important note, if you are young, you will grow into it more as you age, so just keep messing with it little by little and in time it will fit you like a glove.

From

Well, yesterday when I read that post, I did feel it was quite harsh. Do I know that it isn't the best out there yes. Did I spend $2500 on top notch parts varying from BKBT to Cruzer, yes. Did I not weather it, yes. Is everything on there 100% accurate, no. As I keep mentioning, all the parts at that point were sagging. But to say it isn't close to movie accurate...I am sure a lot disagree with that statement. Weathering doesn't make a costume completely accurate. But I realize that it doesn't look like the best out there. As far as the vest being too big, the only thing big on it is the shoulders, it fits me like a glove, I gave my measurements and it came to me the way it did(not saying the maker didn't do a great job). As far as it looking like a kid in a adult costume, I don't have a huge upper body. Not everyone is perfect to wear certain costumes, but people who are larger than a normal Fett or smaller than a normal Fett still do this costume. I do this because I love volunteering in costume, and in general wearing Star Wars costumes. I guess I am trying to say that, to put a lot of effort into the costume, and more or less reading your quote, made it sound like I wasted both my time and money. Which didn't feel good to say the least. I am not here to start an argument, I am here to justify my actions, and my thoughts because I feel proud of this costume, everyone around me thought it looked awesome. Are they Jango experts, no. But when people see this costume, they look at it, and recognize without even thinking it is Jango.

Saxter nice! Quick question, how tall are you? Thanks for sharing!
    I am 6'0" and if age makes a difference 24.

I do thank everyone for your kind comments, and for the constructive criticism, I will more than likely weather it because that seems to be the main issue. As well as adding some way to close up the legs at the boot a little better.
    Last edited by Satxer; Mar 4, 2008 at 7:58 AM.

Just shrug it off bro.You look good in your awesome gear, and you enjoy wearing it.that is all that matters.And you are doing good things with your charity volunteering.That alone should take center stage.
    Costumes are meant to be fun, so have fun.
    I apologize for thinking you were a teen.It just seems like a lot of folks here are younger...at least , a lot younger than this old guy.lol
    I get to celebrate my 40th in another short year.

From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

When I looked at your pics Satxer, I was keeping in mind that you mentioned that you'd been actually running around in costume for several hours... so with that in mind I can plainly see that parts of your gear ( most of it in fact ) had shifted out of place.

So even with that in mind, I will say that your armor "looks" off/odd. But I can also see that the reason is because half of your gear is migrating towards your feet.

So throw your gear back on, and take some fresh pics with every thing in its proper place... then we can make a better/more accurate judgement.

I'll hold any opinions and critiques until then.

From

wickedbeard said: View Post
    Just shrug it off bro.You look good in your awesome gear, and you enjoy wearing it.that is all that matters.And you are doing good things with your charity volunteering.That alone should take center stage.
    Costumes are meant to be fun, so have fun.
    I apologize for thinking you were a teen.It just seems like a lot of folks here are younger...at least , a lot younger than this old guy.lol
    I get to celebrate my 40th in another short year.
    That's ok, I get that sometimes.

I will suit up again to take new pics, just is a matter of suiting up when I get a free few minutes.